Become a Patron!

Burnt tasting vapor

Help...I'm new to vapin and I just purchased a heatwave defender with a nautilus tank....it goes up to 30 watt but I can't put it past 8w because of the burnt taste. . What am I doin wrong. Please help cause I just spent 150 fir this set up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can you tell us about your juice and coil? Is your juice high VG and what kind of flavor? Some flavorings don't do well at higher watts. Also, how many ohms is your coil?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Help...I'm new to vapin and I just purchased a heatwave defender with a nautilus tank....it goes up to 30 watt but I can't put it past 8w because of the burnt taste. . What am I doin wrong. Please help cause I just spent 150 fir this set up

Yes I was going to ask the same questions Huck above asked before anyone can speculate on the problem.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media

When I was using my nautilus mini I couldn't put it up much past 8 watts myself without the same result.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Can you tell us about your juice and coil? Is your juice high VG and what kind of flavor? Some flavorings don't do well at higher watts. Also, how many ohms is your coil?
It is a 1.6 ohm tank and a 1.8 ohm atomizer. ...n it does it with all my juices

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I ment nautilus tank with 1.6 ohm atomizer

Well that is about the average wattage for that coil between 8, and 10 watts.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Buy yourself a pack of BVC coils for Nautilus tanks....you might have got a tank leftover from the older stock that came with the BDC coils and not the new BVC ones...there's a huge difference. Those old BDC coils are garbage in my opinion, everyone but one out of the 2 that came with my tank and a five pack of them I bought were horrible and had a problem like you were having, my Nautilus collected dust till the Mini came out and the new BVC style heads that came with it and now my Nautilus is back in my normal rotation and vapes like a champ. the BVC coils still can't do much above 15 watts but as long as you properly prime them they will serve you well....

I am not sure that is the problem but from what you've said so far i'm willing to bet a box of Dunkin' Munchins that I wouldn't be far off from it. To prime the coil you need to drip a little juice around the inside edges of the coil assembly and one drop on each juice port on the sides of the coil assembly, then put it in a full tank of liquid and let it sit and really saturate for a few minutes....you need to do this with the old style BDC coils as well, but those still were a crap shoot even if you did it right...

I am sorry to hear about your problems and wish you the best of luck :)

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think that one of the biggest reasons for burnt taste at higher voltage, is how you tug. Are you a mout to lung hitter I'll bet you are, if not it might be airflow. I used to wonder why I couldn't use higher voltage too, but higher voltage means nothing without airflow. Now the same juice I couldn't get higher than 12watts is now at almost 50 watts with higher airflow and lung hits. I think that might help you.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

First... @madmonkey gave you some good advice on coils for the Aspire Nautilus. The 1.8 ohm BVC coils are still however a fairly low wattage coil with most people not having good results over 12 Watts.
Second... I would find a new shop unless you specifically said I want that mod and that tank. The Heatvape Defender has been available as a 25W, 36W and now as a 50W mod. Not really the best match for an Aspire Nautilus as it is intended to be paired with the newer sub ohm tanks. The MSRP is only $69.99. The Aspire Nautilus has a MSRP of $39.99. If the shop suggested that pair and charged $150 for them, I wouldn't trust that shop for advice or pricing in the future. And they should have gone over recommended settings with you as a new vaper.
Third... If you want to use the Defender at higher Wattages, I would suggest one of many sub ohm tanks. There is a thread on here that almost every offering has been discussed. The Kanger Subtank Mini is a popular one that seems to work well for a broad range of people.

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Feel to better help you out we need to know what e juice you are vaping on, then can go to tank, mod and watts, etc.

VU Sponsors