m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
apubera2.jpg

Boyfie just got pulled over because we were vaping. Cop said it was registration, random, but I know it was because I had my vape visible when we rolled by him. He swore it wasn't that, and, "I don't even know what vaping means," but he was clearly disappointed when our windows rolled down and he didn't smell weed. I am NOT one of those types of people who assume the worst about cops, but this was so blatant. Thanks for the ticket officer 0096 in Forked River, NJ!

Last edited:

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been pulled over for the same reason. When he came to the window i had my ecig in full view and he gave us a warning for a cracked windshield. It's been cracked since we owned this used pickup truck and never got pulled over for it. Oh well. At least he was a nice guy, lol.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i got pulled over with my hana sitting right in the cup holder clearly visible and he didnt say anything.. just gave me a warning for not stopping fully at stop sign. i thought he for sure was going to say something

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sux what did he ticket u for?
He punched the plate in the computer "randomly" (yeah sure) and the registration was expired.
It was very apparent he thought we were up to no good, took him forever (and plenty of attitude) to answer when asked why he pulled us over.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well at least we know of a way to really screw with the cops heads now. :D

Sent from the scariest place on earth, my mind.
using Tapatalk 2

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whenever i see a cop i always vape my brains out. Childish, i know... but i dislike cops as a general concept on principle, and a great many of them are thuggish power-tripping meat-head authority-goons who deserve a mild trolling at the very least.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He pulled you over because you were vaping, and got you for expired registration...wow what a coincidence.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He punched the plate in the computer "randomly" (yeah sure) and the registration was expired.
It was very apparent he thought we were up to no good, took him forever (and plenty of attitude) to answer when asked why he pulled us over.

You're really very lucky they didn't impound the car! Happened to me when I lived in NJ. 3 days overdue and I ended up walking.

pnc81498

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep that shoulda been a tow he wasn't that bad of a dude. The cop cars use plate recognition so as u drive by it advises the cop if your registration is expired. Not saying vaping didn't make him look but if u drove away it was a good day even if u got a ticket.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Several of my best friends are cops, although when asked usually say they're in city sanitation. I've also had my fair share (and several others fair shares too) of tickets. Many of those guys are good guys dealing with crappy situations and people who constantly lie and give attitude.
Then again many are douche bags

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He pulled you over because you were vaping, and got you for expired registration...wow what a coincidence.
I get that the expiration being expired is illegal, I'm not debating that. But he came to my window (I'm a passenger, I don't even have a license or any desire to drive) and took for-ev-verrr to answer when my boyfriend asked why he was pulled over. Instead of answering, he went back to his car a good long time (that's when I took the cloud selfie with him sitting in his car behind us) and when he finally came back he said he ran the plate when we went by him to check the registration.
When we passed him, I was rummaging in my purse with my left hand, and my right hand was holding my vape right in the window in very plain sight. That's why he ran the plates, it wasn't "random".

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, I didn't say a WORD cos I panic and go silent in these situations haha

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got stopped doing a 100 and got let off. He kept looking in the back. The back was really clean and had a teddy with a seatbelt on. I swear if it wasn't so I'd have got ticketed

Reactions: jae

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I stand corrected.

To date, I have always said if you want to chase clouds, limit it to your own home, vape shops and vape meets and your own car.

I was wrong.

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately, this type of traffic stop (vape profiling) may become more common place in the very near future. The 'original' vapers are still using volcanos and silver surfers at home, but for portability they have completely co-opted and converted our ecig gear to also vape botanicals, waxes and oils with..... and the police know it. Ego batteries are also vape pens and clearos/cartos are also wax/oil cartridges so these days you can't tell just by looking if someone is vaping eliquid or a little herbal essence. I remember when the Persei mod first came out a few years ago to vape weed and I was like that's just a big ass Silver Bullet.

Sometimes progress and going mainstream sucks....

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the police state! Sorry you got a ticket. Some towns are more lax than others. Where I grew up the cops pride themselves on trying to ruining perfectly innocent peoples lives via illegal search and seizure and unlawful stops because it's a very crime free area and that's all they have to make their quota. I've fought many tickets in court and won! Where I live now (one town over) the police have better things to do than mess with the public over seat belts and registration. I haven't been stopped in over 8 years. My last stop was for expired registration and he said, go renew your registration and let me go.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I stand corrected.

To date, I have always said if you want to chase clouds, limit it to your own home, vape shops and vape meets and your own car.

I was wrong.

lol "chase clouds", we're both on invision spinners with mini protanks, so it's more like "skip along daintily beside tiny flittering puffs".

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
lol "chase clouds", we're both on invision spinners with mini protanks, so it's more like "skip along daintily beside tiny flittering puffs".

How many times today do I have to correct myself for Gods sake!:oops:

Once again, I am going to have to go to bed "Stoopid"!

To hell with it, just start smoking pot so at least they have an actual reason to pull you over do to mini clouds:eek:

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How many times today do I have to correct myself for Gods sake!:oops:

Once again, I am going to have to go to bed "Stoopid"!

To hell with it, just start smoking pot so at least they have an actual reason to pull you over do to mini clouds:eek:
Don't get me wrong babe, if anyone looks entirely friggen FABULOUS skipping along daintily beside tiny flittering puffs, it's me. Oh yeah, I rock that shit.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get me wrong babe, if anyone looks entirely friggen FABULOUS skipping along daintily beside tiny flittering puffs, it's me. Oh yeah, I rock that shit.
So you do vape bling? I can imagine you having glittery tanks and stuff lol idk. I just do :rolleyes:

*and how dyu get emoji to work? Mine doesn't show

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you do vape bling? I can imagine you having glittery tanks and stuff lol idk. I just do :rolleyes:
I'm planning to once I get home where all my supplies are. I used to be a jewelry maker/silver/goldsmith.. Ohhh yeah, I got plans. Big plans.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm planning to once I get home where all my supplies are. I used to be a jewelry maker/silver/goldsmith.. Ohhh yeah, I got plans. Big plans.
Oooh gonna start a business hey. It amazes me how many people went from smoking to vaping and into business. Vape has so many avenues

Reactions: jae

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I gotta know, do you think you can do some awesome SteamPunk additions to APV's?

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oooh gonna start a business hey. It amazes me how many people went from smoking to vaping and into business. Vape has so many avenues
Oh hell naw, no biz. I'm just into making pretty things for myself. I'm a greedy bitch!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Our town cops here vape, most of the county sheriffs also vape. I've lived in this state 4 years, I've only been pulled over for speeding once, and got a warning for a burnt out headlight. I've never had issues with the vaping until getting off work at the vape shop I had to go to the justice center (courthouse/jail) and sitting in the car, texting the info needed to the person who needed it, this guy comes over and acts all creepy. "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Nope. Go back to texting. He knocks on my window, I roll it down and and let the vapor out of the car. He takes a big old sniff and his face gets that "hmm that's not weed.." look to it, he tells me I need to step out of my car. "I have no idea who you are, you have presented zero valid reason for me to exit my property in this parking lot, so NO I will not leave my vehicle until you give me a valid reason why I should." "You can't smoke pot here." "I'm not smoking, nor am I smoking pot, so your complaint is invalid." "You still can't do that here." "Show me the law and I'll be happy to comply." State of IN law is that there's no smoking within 8' of any entrance to a public building. I was over 75' away from the entrance, well within the legal boundaries.

He starts getting red faced and screaming at me that I'm sinning before the lord and how I'm not to smoke dope in front of the jail. I finish my text, tell him for the last time, "No I will not get out of my vehicle, but you're welcome to have at whatever you wish to cite me with...officer." "I'm not police, I'm the assistant district attorney for (mumbles incoherently)." "Ah so you can't cite me for a violation, because you're not a cop, and this isn't your county of jurisdiction anyway, and I'm not breaking any laws currently on the books in the state of Indiana, county of Dubois? Now if you'll excuse me I'd like to go home." With that I pulled out, vaping in my car all the way home, through 4 counties, no one complained. I got home looked up the ADA for the county he mentioned, and that ADA happens to be a woman, which he was not. But other than that idiot, I haven't ever been hounded about vaping. Most of the time I wear my vape on a lanyard around my neck, I get "is that a vape? Can I see it?" from local LEOs, and then they see I'm carrying a nemmy and a dripper or a nemmy and a kayfun and ask where I got it. I give them cards for the 2 shops I go to, and that's that.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gotta know, do you think you can do some awesome SteamPunk additions to APV's?
I never got into steampunk, I really only worked in sterling and gold, is there precious metal steampunk? I dunno. Not mah style. And I dunno what an APV is. :/ I'm so useless hahahahaha

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape in my car all the time. Fortunately, here in SoCal vaping is prevalent so the cops don't really pay attention to it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might sound a silly question but in America are the police also strict about you keeping both hands on the steering wheel? They just sound a bit tough on you that's all. The police here are a bit lazy and don't want to get out their cars. Not much. It seems strange hearing about police being tough on vapers.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might sound a silly question but in America are the police also strict about you keeping both hands on the steering wheel? They just sound a bit tough on you that's all. The police here are a bit lazy and don't want to get out their cars. Not much. It seems strange hearing about police being tough on vapers.
It depends. Not literally that strict of course, but they can definitely get you for the most minor of technicalities. And of course there's no consistency from cop to cop when it comes to leniency. Some are hardasses and some are friendly enough to let you go with a warning. Mostly i've dealt with cops who need to run out of citations. It's like some kind of reverse addiction where they cannot live without giving away more and more and more of their fancy little papers so that municipalities and counties and states can feed their own non-reverse addictions.

KeyBee

Member For 5 Years
Last time standing on crossroad next to the police car I was vaping a dripper @30 W and they asked me to pull down the window "...and dilute the fog with some air please." Cool reaction ;) If it was "european approach" I would like the EU this time.

btw. fellow driving vapers - is your windshield so dirty like mine? VG residuals look to be not very transparent. On the other hand I dont need to wax my leather seats any more :)

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
That really sucks but unfortunately the vaping probably tipped it against you. Cops that are on active patrol know who you are and what your paperwork is like before the lights go on. They simply pick and choose their targets and want the bigger catch. In your case he saw the expired reg and might have seen your PV. Right away he knows he got the reg and possibly something mxrijuana related.

Similar concept to speed traps. They got you doing 80 long before you slowed up, but they might be looking for 90+ (just an example)

Either way that sucks. Go online and get that reg renewed. Even a printed receipt will hold you over until replacement arrives.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you got pulled over, and not your bf.. you would have gotten let go without a ticket.. thats how it always goes down with cops lol.

VU Sponsors