wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so I put the wrong battery in one of my mods recently I guess. couldnt figure out why it would not charge, then I got to looking at it and noticed the "button top" was smashed down. can i pry it up a little or is it just junk now. I just bought this one lol.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I personally wouldn't mess with a battery. In my humble opinion you're literally playing with fire. Not worth the danger or the mod. Just my opinion.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant help it, I would pry it out to level and see what happens...:rolleyes:

Bad advice here.... But......

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The things we did with batteries when we were young. Recharge them in the oven, chuck them on fires, keep them in our top pockets. Maybe I'd strip the battery first and take a gander. Perhaps lever it carefully with a non conductive thingy and take it from there.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
right on cool guys. Im going to mess with it just making sure someone didnt already have a quick fix , ya I cant help but to mess with stuff

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The things we did with batteries when we were young. Recharge them in the oven, chuck them on fires, keep them in our top pockets. Maybe I'd strip the battery first and take a gander. Perhaps lever it carefully with a non conductive thingy and take it from there.
See now... I like the way your thinking. ( I flunked out of battery university)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
right on cool guys. Im going to mess with it just making sure someone didnt already have a quick fix , ya I cant help but to mess with stuff

Hell, if something goes wrong, we can always just start calling you "Two Fingers Wllmc" Go for it dude !!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You'll need to shrink wrap it afterwards if you're going to strip it. Else just slowly lever it up and look closely at it lol I'm not sure this is actual advice but tbh I'm telling you what I would do myself so...

But ensure that tab is connected properly afterwards else it might arc. Idk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dented in the top of a flat top battery, dropped my mod on concrete, guess it landed just right and dented it in, I didn't throw it away, but it sat in draw not getting used, not worth risking for a $10 battery.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
proceed at your own risk...

personally, I have had a small 2 cell 350mah rc plane battery that was cool when checked about 5 minutes before while charging just suddenly burst into flame... It did not bubble, it did not hiss, it simply burst into flame, and it burned like magnesium if you have ever seen that...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
proceed at your own risk...

MEDIA=youtube***********MEDIA

personally, I have had a small 2 cell 350mah rc plane battery that was cool when checked about 5 minutes before while charging just suddenly burst into flame... It did not bubble, it did not hiss, it simply burst into flame, and it burned like magnesium if you have ever seen that...

I've seen magnesium burn. It's white as light.

@wllmc did you sort it out?

VU Sponsors