Become a Patron!

Butyric Acid sensitivity - give me the diketones!

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I had been making strictly diketone free recipes for some time. Mostly FA flavorings and some INW and others.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of the diketone free flavorings is that they are loaded with butyric acid. I would wake up in the morning with sore and burning throat and figured it was related to allergies or I was vaping too warm.

I then decided well let's try some fruit recipes since I almost always vape bakery / custards, and low and behold those symptoms went away.

So then I said F*** it lets play with some diketone flavorings and to my surprise my symptoms still haven't returned.

Just seeing if anyone else has gone through what I have? Sure it's not the greatest trade off but I can definitely be sure that BA and I do not get along. BA affects my quality of sleep and that isn't worth it. But neither is giving up my bakery / custard goodness!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Compared to the chemicals we smoked, I’m not really worried about a little diketone action. No ones taking my custards and bakeries away! ;)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had been making strictly diketone free recipes for some time. Mostly FA flavorings and some INW and others.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of the diketone free flavorings is that they are loaded with butyric acid. I would wake up in the morning with sore and burning throat and figured it was related to allergies or I was vaping too warm.

I then decided well let's try some fruit recipes since I almost always vape bakery / custards, and low and behold those symptoms went away.

So then I said F*** it lets play with some diketone flavorings and to my surprise my symptoms still haven't returned.

Just seeing if anyone else has gone through what I have? Sure it's not the greatest trade off but I can definitely be sure that BA and I do not get along. BA affects my quality of sleep and that isn't worth it. But neither is giving up my bakery / custard goodness!

The D in diketone is for "delicious"

I'm allergic to FW Bavarian Cream, but not CAP DX Bavarian Cream or CAP Sweet Cream

and I get a sore throat quickly from every realistic raspberry or lemon I've tried D: (thank goodness I can still vape sweet raspberries and blue raspberries, love them)

Flavor Apprentice used to have datasheets on their site that listed other ingredients like alcohol or various acids, does anyone know where to find data like that now?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The D in diketone is for "delicious"

I'm allergic to FW Bavarian Cream, but not CAP DX Bavarian Cream or CAP Sweet Cream

and I get a sore throat quickly from every realistic raspberry or lemon I've tried D: (thank goodness I can still vape sweet raspberries and blue raspberries, love them)

Flavor Apprentice used to have datasheets on their site that listed other ingredients like alcohol or various acids, does anyone know where to find data like that now?
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I agree also, I get alot of the "V1 side effects" with the V2's that I dont not with the V1 flavors, nauseous, sore throat , etc. and you are right its the BA

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree also, I get alot of the "V1 side effects" with the V2's that I dont not with the V1 flavors, nauseous, sore throat , etc. and you are right its the BA
I think I'm allergic to v2 flavors, they make my face do this---- :blech:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Many commercial juices and flavorings cause me inflammed, mouth throat and lungs.
Butyric acid? I dunno but I can vape the V1 Capella flavorings just fine.
I do know that the V2 CAP flavorings taste horrible to me. Like stomach bile?

Of course if Butyric acid does cause some of up problems the juice companies would say nothing....

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't get heartburn/etc but then again I can't vape that crap long enough to get symptoms. Things loaded with Butryic Acid tastes like throw up to me and I can't vape them. CAP Peanut Butter V2 is one example right off the top of my head. Straight up disgusting. Ordered the V2 on accident and figured I'd give it a shot... A big fat NOPE.

VU Sponsors