Become a Patron!

Bvc coils

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm wondering if one should clean the bvc coils? Seems like the flavor fades...

FM696269

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i did watch a video on youtube of a guy that powered up his device so the coil glowed red, released it, then ran it under a tap, this got rid of all the black stuff and they came up like new, BUT, this was on a homebuild, where you make your own coils. unsure if it would work with a BVC premade unit

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine were not homebuilt and some worked again after rinsing and some did not.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm wondering if one should clean the bvc coils? Seems like the flavor fades...
You can kinda dry burn them but do not let them get so gunked up you get to this point after every tank do 3 or 4 5 -6 second dry burns they will last longer the only prob is if you let it get to dry it will burn... I have had the same thing happen as @Whiskey I have boiled them with some success but they last so damned long I usually do not bother and I do not use them much

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just drop mine in white vinegar and let them soak over night, then boil for a bit and then with a mouth full of water, blow water through them. Then rinse them again. Sounds tedious but really doesn't take very long.

I don't dry burn. Doesn't make sense to me to burn the wick.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have any of you guys tried rebuilding a bvc? If yes did it wrk

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1st attempt I wrapped Japanese cotton around it and was to thick and blocked the hole and flooded.

Second attempt I did 28 gauge 8 wrap, wet some cotton with juice and wrapped around the coil not to thick and with a tooth pick placed through the coil and cotton wrapped around it I slipped it down the chamber, put it together and fired up at 1.4, no flooding and flavor was just as good as a new per-made coil. it's that cotton pad there using around coil that's turning black after a few weeks that causing the need to change to new coil.

key was to not have the hole down center of coil blocked or it will flood

I have to many tanks in rotation so I am to lazy to keep rebuilding them so I am just buying the replacements

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1st attempt I wrapped Japanese cotton around it and was to thick and blocked the hole and flooded.

Second attempt I did 28 gauge 8 wrap, wet some cotton with juice and wrapped around the coil not to thick and with a tooth pick placed through the coil and cotton wrapped around it I slipped it down the chamber, put it together and fired up at 1.4, no flooding and flavor was just as good as a new per-made coil. it's that cotton pad there using around coil that's turning black after a few weeks that causing the need to change to new coil.

key was to not have the hole down center of coil blocked or it will flood

I have to many tanks in rotation so I am to lazy to keep rebuilding them so I am just buying the replacements
Cool, thanks for the info...regards.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out OTE="Time, post: 177817, member: 10729"]I haven't yet but intend to try. Lighting vapes sells coil head assembley so I'm assuming it's being done.

http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/aspire-nautilus-coil-head-assembly-whole-unit-or-parts[/QUOTE]
I also saw a Rip Trippers video o
I haven't yet but intend to try. Lighting vapes sells coil head assembley so I'm assuming it's being done.

http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/aspire-nautilus-coil-head-assembly-whole-unit-or-parts
Tha

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do the same as Whiskey but I was really interested in trying what red6 suggested a few days ago in a thread

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...us-coils-not-lasting.28702/page-2#post-174042

Post 55 red6

FYI. I tried the red6 method last night on two coil heads. The first thing, man is that first taste nasty. A concenrated shot of burnt juice. Ick.

But, when I had gotten through the whole process I looked down into the coil and it was shiny. Like new! On both coils I did. I put them away to dry so I have not used either of them yet. If they work as good as they look, should be good to go.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool, let us know, I might give that a try soon as well...I don't mind buying new ones but with 3 tanks going I am going through a lot

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wats up fellow vapers? I didn't try the red6 method but i did wash out a head tonight with hot water and left to drip dry, will keep you guys posted once dried

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all my pre-made coil heads go into everclear followed by water after every tank....I've just started throwing away the first coils that came with my nautilus's, so I've gotten like 7 months out of them (or so)

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you tell me wats everclear and where i can get some?...fyi, I live in Montreal Quebec.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ever clear is almost pure grain alcohol I tried taking a shot back in day omg was it horrible made me choke
Liquor stores carry it in the usa

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, ever clear hmmm, can you explain your method please...

put coil in shotglass, pour in everclear let soak...if I have more than shotglass can hold it's a small mason jar.....after say 24 hours in the everclear, put in mason jar for 24 hours with hot water, rinse and let dry

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you tell me wats everclear and where i can get some?...fyi, I live in Montreal Quebec.

Everclear is pure grain alcohol that anyone buying to drink is crazy....probably in Canada you can't get it so go with the highest proof vodka you can get without spending too much money

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool, I'll try the vodka, thanks

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, put in my first coil using the red6 method of cleaning. I used to vape around 8.5 watts on the Naughty as I'm a flavor chaser not a cloud chaser. Lately I've been using around 10 watts on my coils cleaned by soaking and boiling but the first thing I noticed is 8.5 watts was the sweet spot for me again with the clean shiny coils. The flavor is just as good as it was with a new coil at the same wattage. Now the only question left is how long it will last.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everclear is pure grain alcohol that anyone buying to drink is crazy....probably in Canada you can't get it so go with the highest proof vodka you can get without spending too much money
Any cheap vodka does the job..it just breaks down the crud build around the coil

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
BTW...Just a reminder the wick is coated in a ceramic so you can dry burn without burning the wick

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
put coil in shotglass, pour in everclear let soak...if I have more than shotglass can hold it's a small mason jar.....after say 24 hours in the everclear, put in mason jar for 24 hours with hot water, rinse and let dry

Thanks for the tips......I am so going to try that...I just been boiling mines to get few extra days out of them

VU Sponsors