Become a Patron!

Bypass mode confusion

Hello, so recently I got myself a Michael Mod by Asvape, which comes with a bypass mode, which I'm curious to try.
My current setup is two LG HG2 18650s(3.7V, 3000Mah.) I'm running a Goon V1.5 with dual Alien v2 coils (.22 ohm)
I was wondering if the resistance would be too low for this setup, and if so, what would be an ideal build

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nevermind

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 2.45.22 PM.png

Last edited:
I charge them in a dual nite core battery charger, the batteries are fairly new. I was under the impression that bypass mode turns a regulated box mod into an unregulated (regulated) box mod

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bypass acts like an unregulated box would, by giving the voltage directly to the coils. you get the wattage that ohms law dictates, for the resistance of your coils and your current battery voltage (you cant turn the wattage up or down). the difference between bypass mode and a real unregulated mod is that a regulated device in bypass mode still has amp limits and possibly a battery cutoff to protect you from the typical mistakes people make on mech mods...

now for this mod specifically, im not sure how much voltage you will get in bypass mode. its possibly ~4v, but most regulated mods are series config these days (8.4v max out), so it could be 8 instead. the only mod i have that has bypass mode is an istick 100tc, which has parallel batteries and gives ~4v on bypass mode. looking into the mod in question, i see the resistance limits for bypass start at .2 ohms, so im going to assume that means its in series (~8v) in bypass. you will want to verify that before you try it out though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I'm confused, it used to mean you could vape it while the batteries are charging

Guess there is a new setting that lets you use voltage and current direct

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are thinking of Pass-Thru Mode to Vape while charging.................

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You would need a .4 or higher coil build to vape that one in bypass as I think it puts out around 8.2 volts or so in bypass mode. n With fully charged batteries.
that would give you somewhere around 100 - 120 watts after accounting for voltage sag on the HG2 batteries.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is putting out roughly 6-8 volts
so its unregulated series mode in bypass. i would shoot for a normal series build at around .4 ohms, with beefier/higher mass coils. i like 2x28ka1 fused claptons with a high gauge wrap (36 or higher) for these setups (3mm 7 or 8 wraps). also, you can get a similar vape in regulated mode by using an ohms law calculator to figure out how many watts your coils resistance will pull from ~8v (or 4 if you are trying to simulate a parallel build) and just setting the mod to that wattage...

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, if my RSQ in power mode can only go to 80w max, does it mean in bypass mode it able to go beyond that when the coil configuration allows?

VU Sponsors