Caddisfly's Rhubarb-Berry Compote & Biscuits
2.5% % INW Biscuit
1% CAP Sweet Strawberry
.5% FA Orange
.25-FLV Lemongrass
.25% INW Rhubarb
1% INW Shisha Vanilla
.25% NN Boysenberry Jam

This one is for you @caddisfly ! A while back you sent me some NN Boysenberry Jam & I sent you some INW Rhubarb. I'm mixing you up a bottle and sending your way buddy! I know both of us have been busy and I miss mixing online with you, so this one's for you!
Cheers, my good friend!

Wow it's been 4 days and this flavor has not faded. It is very in your face. I adjusted %'s to make it smoother, but still great flavor.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds nice. Too bad I don't have any of those flavors right now.:gaah:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This sounds great.
Boysenberry Jam and Lemongrass added to my list
That lemongrass is the bomb. The actual recipe was a rhubarb & strawberry...i just added the boysenberry as I am not a big strawberry fan. I haven't. Yet tried it, but am told FLV Boysenberry is one of the best.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What brand is NN?. Should I go with that or grab the FLV boysonberry?

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Caddisfly's Rhubarb-Berry Compote & Biscuits
2% INW Biscuit
1% CAP Sweet Strawberry
.5% FA Orange
.5% FLV Lemongrass
.5% INW Rhubarb
.5% INW Shisha Vanilla
.25% NN Boysenberry Jam

This one is for you @caddisfly ! A while back you sent me some NN Boysenberry Jam & I sent you some INW Rhubarb. I'm mixing you up a bottle and sending your way buddy! I know both of us have been busy and I miss mixing online with you, so this one's for you!
Cheers, my good friend!
Oooo... It looks good. I've never tried the Lemongrass nor the Shisha Vanilla. I guess I'll have to wait for your package.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't give feedback on this recipe because I have no lemon grass (yet...lol!), but I can definitely give a big thumbs up to FV boysenberry! It's amazing!
Hmmm, you might get a sample soon. I'm waiting for clove to come tm. That flv cinnamon sample was so good I bought a bottle and braved buying the clove, yep it costs just as much as the cinnamon. Pretty soon husband is going to take my credit card. But, I'll still have PayPal:D:bunny:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info you two.

More FLV on the list.

:vapemail:
Have you seen the MASSIVE list of flavors they have on their site now?? Hardly any of them are actually available for purchase as of yet because they just wanted to get them out there before the 8th, but I was drooling just reading over them....

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping my CocoLime Cream now.... :D .... I don't get nearly as much "flavor fade" from FV lime as I do with other brands of citrus.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say fv lime is close to the taste of FA Lime tahiti distilled, but better tasting....It's unique in the way lemongrass is...I don't know how to describe it. It has a real lively flavor is the best I can think of.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To my knowledge, I've never tasted lemongrass in anything.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To my knowledge, I've never tasted lemongrass in anything.

Fresh lemon grass is amazing. It's a very popular ingredient in Thailand as well as other south east Asian countries. Next time you pass an Asian grocer try to grab a few fresh stalks. Cut off a tiny smidgen and give it a whirl. It's quite firm and tough, and is used more to flavor meals as a pose to be eaten in chunks on its own. It's usually chopped finely and cooked for a while as larger morsels are tough to chew. Just sucking on it you will get that yummy lemon/limey flavor.

As for the rich cinnamon, I just ordered that coz of the notes above. Cinnamon is one of my favorite flavors in the world. If there's something better than FA, I need it!

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not so much that it's better than FA, I think it does taste a bit richer than ceylon, but it's so STRONG! Honestly, one or two drops in 15ml and you're good to go. A 15ml bottle could quite possibly last my lifetime, unless I'm still mixing at age 110....:D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not so much that it's better than FA, I think it does taste a bit richer than ceylon, but it's so STRONG! Honestly, one or two drops in 15ml and you're good to go. A 15ml bottle could quite possibly last my lifetime, unless I'm still mixing at age 110....:D
It is richer, stronger, and a better flavor imho. The best bakery cinnamon I ever tasted. Oh T, link that review here for amusement.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I KNOW!! I see a month's pay on that site right now....HA!
Oh, I so believe you. I need a job for flavors. My husband and I used to have the perfect relationship. He made the money and I spent it, I told him that's why my credit score was higher than his. I think he's competing with me bc of his truck and boat payments. Lol. Idc as long as he can quit the nasties I'm willing to be more in debt.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Well at the very least we can save some dosh. Speaking of FA, look what I just received. Ordered them over a month ago and had written them off thinking they were lost in transit. Looking forward to testing these. IMG_3136.JPG

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please post a review, I'm not falling right into those like I did monsoon and eclipse. To me, those were absolutely horrid! :confused:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Please post a review, I'm not falling right into those like I did monsoon and eclipse. To me, those were absolutely horrid! :confused:

Ok, will do. I've pledged to make a concerted effort to start trying all of my flavours standalone, so this lot will give me some incentive to get the ball rolling.
I'll post my thoughts if I can achieve my aim, at least for these measly 6 flavours.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh yea and as for Eclipse, I didn't mind it, but yea after 10mls standalone I haven't touched it since. It gave me what I was expecting, meaning a choc, minty flavour, but I got sick of it pretty quickly.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually love glory, but was beyond disappointed in the others.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea well that's the other element eh. These flavours are all so subjective. One persons trash is another persons treasure. Reviews can help, yet can also be misleading. I've read so many great reviews of particular flavours, and in the past have occasionally got lured in to buying 30ml bottles because of that hype, only to find that I find the flavour disgusting. Never again!

It's tricky, coz even if a review emphasises the similarities to the natural flavour that it's attempting to simulate, as a pose to being simply yummy, creamy, sweat, thick or thin, even those similarities to the natural flavour are extremely subjective.

I often think about our individual perception of colour. Seperate to colour blindness, our reaction and response to colour is extremely varied, and I imagine our response to flavour is even more varied.

This is what makes life so interesting though. If we all agreed on everything, how boring life would be!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep, I fell for that with Capella's new "Funnel Cake." I think they just re-bottled their glazed donut, because it tastes like liquid Play-Dough. :confused:

LOL.
Oh really, might have to cross FA Crab Sauce off the list in favour of Cap Play Dough for that saltiness I'm seeking for my peanut butter mixes

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get any saltiness from the play-dough...I mean funnel cake. Sorry I think I wrote play-dough over the funnel cake sticker so I would know what flavor I was making. Now I just have to add food coloring for the kids.:D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does mellow some with a steep, but not enough to call it funnel cake. I know Caps flavors are notorious for extended steep times, and most are delicious after that, but I'm afraid this one will take more time than I'm willing to invest. I go nuts waiting two weeks on something, let alone months.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'll give it a good year b4 I make up my mind, since I seem to have the patience not to try it again anytime soon. I wanna mix joy and play dough and see what I get? Probably sick.
Oh my....my tummy flopped a little just thinking about it.... :confused: ....lol! Stale beer nuts comes to mind....

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking that the other day, but forgot about it. Hmmm.....:idea:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was drooling just reading over them....

I believe if you stop thinking about the new FLV Brie Cheese flavor and how it may parallel a nice very ripe Casu Marzu in taste & aroma; it's possible you may return to normal.

I could be wrong though...:D

Ron
-----
Casu marzu (also called casu modde, casu cundídu and casu fràzigu)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O man o man o man o man. Anyone who doesn't know this I am a clove fan. Was always looking for the perfect clove to create a clove cigarette. O woman o woman o woman! :vapemail:just arrived! Whoo hoo! I put one drop into 12 ml of base. What % is that even? These FV tip are tiny, like the thin tips from ecigexpress. 45 ish drops per ml maybe? I dunno. OMG!! Hello to the perfect warm, sweet spice of clove. This is it! It's the flavor I have been looking for! Let's add another drop and taste. Oh yeah, even better! I have only tried tfa PUMPKIN SPICE and Hansen D.J. Rum when it comes to looking for a warm, sweet clove, and D.J. Rum was much closer, but this is the spot on clove flavor I have been looking for. Let's add a drop of flv rich cinnamon, shall we? O hell yeah people! This is seriously some good stuff! It may be $12.49 for 12 ml, but it will last your life span, unless you only vape this flavor or share a lot with others. Now if you don't like clove or spice, will you like this? No, not! But Dainta is floating in :cloud: of pure bliss! For chai...perfect! In bakery...perfect! In play-dough? :eek:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O man o man o man o man. Anyone who doesn't know this I am a clove fan. Was always looking for the perfect clove to create a clove cigarette. O woman o woman o woman! :vapemail:just arrived! Whoo hoo! I put one drop into 12 ml of base. What % is that even? These FV tip are tiny, like the thin tips from ecigexpress. 45 ish drops per ml maybe? I dunno. OMG!! Hello to the perfect warm, sweet spice of clove. This is it! It's the flavor I have been looking for! Let's add another drop and taste. Oh yeah, even better! I have only tried tfa PUMPKIN SPICE and Hansen D.J. Rum when it comes to looking for a warm, sweet clove, and D.J. Rum was much closer, but this is the spot on clove flavor I have been looking for. Let's add a drop of flv rich cinnamon, shall we? O hell yeah people! This is seriously some good stuff! It may be $12.49 for 12 ml, but it will last your life span, unless you only vape this flavor or share a lot with others. Now if you don't like clove or spice, will you like this? No, not! But Dainta is floating in :cloud: of pure bliss! For chai...perfect! In bakery...perfect! In play-dough? :eek:
**SIGH** ....now I have to have some too! And by all means, make a cinnamon/clove Play-Dough cake, it couldn't get much worse....LOL!

VU Sponsors