Become a Patron!

Call For Action in New Jersey! A bill (A 3704) that would ban the sale of flavored vapor products

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
http://casaa.org/call-to-action/new-jersey-take-action-to-keep-flavors-legal-no-a-3705/

A bill (A 3704) that would ban the sale of flavored vapor products is scheduled for a hearing on Monday, February 27th 10:00 AM Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee State House Annex, 4th Floor, Room 11 Please make plans to attend this hearing. Even if you do not plan to speak, your presence is important as it demonstrates the large numbers of people affected by this issue.

Here is a complete list of the members of the Assembly Health Committee, their respective political parties, the counties/towns they represent, and their contact information:

Herb Conaway – Chair (D): (Burlington County) Beverly, Bordentown, Bordentown Township, Burlington,Burlington Township, Cinnaminson, Delanco, Delran, Edgewater Park, Fieldsboro,Florence, Moorestown, Mount Laurel, Palmyra, Riverside, Riverton, Willingboro

Tim Eustace – Vice-Chair (D): (Bergen and Passaic Counties) Bergenfield, Fair Lawn, Glen Rock, Hasbrouck Heights, Hawthorne, Lodi, Maywood, New Milford, Oradell, Paramus, River Edge,Rochelle Park, Saddle Brook

Dan Benson (D): (Mercer and Middlesex Counties) Cranbury, East Windsor, Hamilton (Mercer),Hightstown, Jamesburg, Monroe (Middlesex), Plainsboro, Robbinsville, Spotswood

BettyLou DeCroce (R): (Essex, Morris and Passaic Counties) Butler, Fairfield (Essex), Jefferson,Kinnelon, Lincoln Park, Montville, Morris Plains, North Caldwell, Parsippany-Troy Hills,Rockaway Township, Verona, West Caldwell, West Milford

Jerry Green (D): (Middlesex, Somerset and Union Counties) Clark, Dunellen, Fanwood, Green Brook, Linden, Middlesex, North Plainfield, Plainfield, Rahway, Scotch Plains, Winfield

Angelica Jimenez (D): (Bergen and Hudson Counties) East Newark, Edgewater, Fairview, Guttenberg, Harrison (Hudson), Kearny, North Bergen, Secaucus, West New York

James Kennedy (D): (Middlesex, Somerset and Union Counties) Clark, Dunellen, Fanwood, Green Brook, Linden, Middlesex, North Plainfield, Plainfield, Rahway, Scotch Plains, Winfield

Angela McKnight (D): (Hudson County) Bayonne, Jersey City

Nancy Munoz (R): (Morris, Somerset and Union Counties) Berkeley Heights, Bernards, Chatham Borough, Cranford, Far Hills, Garwood, Kenilworth, Long Hill, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Springfield (Union), Summit, Warren, Watchung, Westfield

Erik Peterson (R): (Hudson, Somerset and Warren Counties) Alexandria, Alpha, Bedminster,Bethlehem, Bloomsbury, Bound Brook, Bridgewater, Califon, Clinton, Clinton Township,Franklin (Hunterdon), Franklin (Warren), Frenchtown, Glen Gardner, Greenwich (Warren), Hackettstown, Hampton (Hunterdon), Harmony, High Bridge, Holland,Kingwood, Lebanon Borough, Lebanon Township, Lopatcong, Mansfield (Warren),Milford, Peapack-Gladstone, Phillipsburg, Pohatcong, Raritan (Somerset), South Bound Brook, Tewksbury, Union (Hunterdon), Washington Borough (Warren), Washington Township (Warren)

Nancy Pinkin (D): (Middlesex County) East Brunswick, Edison, Helmetta, Highland Park, Metuchen,South Plainfield, South River

Holly Schepisi (R): (Bergen and Passaic Counties) Bloomingdale, Closter, Demarest, Dumont,Emerson, Harrington Park, Haworth, Hillsdale, Mahwah, Montvale, Norwood, Oakland,Old Tappan, Park Ridge, Ramsey, Ringwood, River Vale, Saddle River, Upper Saddle River, Wanaque, Washington (Bergen), Westwood, Woodcliff Lake

Shavonda Sumter (D): (Bergen and Passaic Counties) Elmwood Park, Garfield, Haledon, North Haledon,Paterson, Prospect Park
View Bill Here
Tonight we ask 3 things:

1. Obviously, we need a big turnout in Trenton on Monday morning. The committee is at 10:00AM on the 4th Floor of the State House Annex, Room 11. If you are planning to go, please reach out to me and send me your cell phone so I can make sure everyone is organized and knows where to go. It is very important that we have a solid turnout, especially from people who live and/or own shops in the districts represented by the committee members.

1. Between now and Monday morning, please call and email the members of the committee to voice your concerns about this damaging legislation, and also ask your customers to do the same. Calling is better than emailing, and both are effective in getting out the message to lawmakers that this is a bill that will hurt your businesses and prevent people from vaping as a means to stop smoking. Make sure to especially target the lawmakers that represent the district in which your shop is located.

1. Please post a message on the NJVRC website (Erik?), Facebook page, and any other appropriate outlet that will get the word out. The message should look like this:

ACTION ALERT: PROPOSED BILL TO BAN FLAVORED JUICES TO BE CONSIDERED IN ASSEMBLY HEALTH COMMITTEE!

On Monday, February 27th, the Assembly Health and Senior Citizens Committee will meet in Trenton to consider a bill that would prohibit the sale of all flavored juices, except for tobacco, clove, or menthol flavors. This bill is a misguided attempt to improve public health, but in reality it will only prevent smokers from using vaping products as a means to stop smoking, and it will inflict irreparable harm on the hundreds of small business vape shops across the State, cripple their sales, and result in the potential loss of hundreds of jobs.

Please call and/or email the Chair of the Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee, Assemblyman Herb Conaway, and ask him to reconsider the impact this bill would have. His contact information is (856) 461-3997, and [email protected].

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The flavored eliquid ban makes absolutely NO sense to me! These idiots really think that flavors will attract the children into vaping! Over 30 years ago as a teenager I began smoking cigarettes- only 2 flavors of those- regular and menthol! Me and millions of others actually like those 2 flavors ! The reason I was able to quit cigarettes by vaping was because of the many Other flavors- I sure didn't want to be reminded of my favorites Tobacco and menthol!
They are just trying to keep tobacco and menthol flavored eliquid to keep us all tied to cigarette smoking, to lure us back to them! Ridiculous!

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry to hear that!
Those Idiot's have their heads so far up their arses that you don't know if they are talking or passing gas! They are just trying target and brainwash the naive into thinking that vaping is leading kids to smoking when we all know the real reason for all of these overreaching regulations is all about money! :mad:

Shawn

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is HUGE profit in treating the sick and dying, that is why not to mention large amount of Tax revenue.

All you really hear is Big Tobacco being the villain, yes they have a dog in the race but the biggest opponent is Big Pharma. They're the 800lb gorilla who has the biggest influence in the FDA and with the Politicians. The biggest prostitutes are the DNC and their Pimps are Big Pharma. Yes there couple in the RNC like that stool sample we have as a VP Pence but the over all majority that is out to ban Vaping is the DNC. Everyone of the bills out to jack up tax's on Vaping to obscene levels and or out right banning are from Democrats. Then to add to this the fairly recent bill to allow to buy prescriptions from Canada for lower cost was killed due to the Democrats. Yes my own Senator Patty Murry who is on the FDA oversight committee was right there killing that bill. It cuts into the profits of Big Pharma.

They could care less about public health, too much profit is in the sick and dying. As I stated Big Pharma is the 800lb gorilla that is behind killing Vaping. They have the Politicians like the DNC firmly in their pockets and have also padded the FDA with their puppets.

VU Sponsors