Become a Patron!

Call me crazy but...

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
with the little experience I have with rebuidables I think I prefer a basic kanthal build with 24 gauge over any exotic builds lol I've tried claptons,twisted,SS, etc and decided if I go back to RBA I'll most likely stick to the beginner methods I started with..I got wicked flavor and less "spit" (flying hot juice) with my basic builds..not to mention I like vaping lower wattages (30-40 watts) I just think it's funny that with all the options and advanced things and directions I could go, in the end I just like to keep it simple. I played around with RDA's for only about two months and I've decided that RDA's aren't my thing and I am enjoying my trusty old tank again. I guess the reason I'm posting this is because I'm thinking an RDTA or RTA might be up my ally..I may make another thread for that. But in all honesty I think "advanced vaping" will never be my thing and keeping it simple is the way (for me) Anyone else feel like this or similar? I don't care about trying alien wire anymore, I used to think that was something to work towards and be proud of. In all honesty the less work the better. Just give me a vape n juice and let me get my fix LOL

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In all honesty the less work the better. Just give me a vape n juice and let me get my fix LOL

That is what is so great about vaping - as long as you are being safe, you can customize everything to your individual liking

I get so mad when I see fuckers post stuff like: that can't taste good - stick a .1 stapled alien in there! That won't vape decent until you get it to alt least 120 W!!! Especially with newbies struggling to get a decent vape with prebuilts!

It's all about what you like - and it isn't always the wild stuff

When I first started, people implied you weren't mature (i.e.: not a very good vaper) if you didn't sub ohm or use exotic builds

Great if you like it, but ain't nothing wrong with vapers who don't

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always wanted to be a hippie. Lol should've been born in the 50s so I could've been a teen in the 60s

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yeah I missed it by a decade, got stuck with disco! Got lucky and found an old group of hippies to party & rock with. Need to go find the rainbow people and take a trip down memory lane some weekend.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh the sounds of disco... My wife loves that shit lol. Just not my style. More into the Floyd than the Bee Gees.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Staying on topic...

Yes, sometimes the simple builds are actually the best. 24g wire seems to be the most popular, and sometimes I'm quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the vape I get from it. If/when I use plain wire, it's usually for a single battery mech.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Staying on topic...

Yes, sometimes the simple builds are actually the best. 24g wire seems to be the most popular, and sometimes I'm quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the vape I get from it. If/when I use plain wire, it's usually for a single battery mech.
I used plain round wire most times also. Usually a 26 but parallel or staged.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes sir. I love that version. Thank you for that. I can't wait to play it for my wife. Ha ha

I love this dude. I ended up buying his whole 15 volume collection in lossless .wav format. You should hear his version of Africa, by Toto.
In fact, here it is:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I used plain round wire most times also. Usually a 26 but parallel or staged.

My first successful "high end" build was a dual 26g kanthal parallel build. It freakin' blew me away! I was still using 24mg nic at the time, and couldn't vape for like 2 hours after I tried it because of the nic overdose.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first successful "high end" build was a dual 26g kanthal parallel build. It freakin' blew me away! I was still using 24mg nic at the time, and couldn't vape for like 2 hours after I tried it because of the nic overdose.
Damn I bet

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
from my experience. more complicated builds do not help
i use simple SS claptons. i find them to be more flavorful then vertabraid (6 wires braided) and single wire coils
however i find the difference between a basic clapton and a fused clapton or alien to be so minimal its not worth it. Yes a well made alien has a bit more flavor then a simple clapton, but I can't even make a simple clapton so buying well made aliens is not my thing. I buy pre spooled clapton wire. Fused claptons taste identical to me as a simple clapton so why use the extra wire and lower my resistance even further

I think I prefer the clapton over a single wire coil mainly because of added surface area which to me is what increases flavor.
but all my rtas take 4mm ID coils so I can get a lot of wire in there and get plenty of surface area.

maybe at smalled IDs an alien or fused would have enough increased surface area over a simple clapton that I could notice more of a difference

I think there is a lot more to the right coil then just more complicated builds..

When I got my first rta and from then on, I put the biggest damn coil I can fit in it. my griffin 22ms have 316l 28/36 claptons at 4mm ID and 8-10 wraps usually. I dont care that the ohms read .7 or higher to start with and as the coils heat up it rises to 1.4+! I just feel to maximize the RTA or RDA you should fill it up with wire and that has worked for me. It May not work for anyone else in the world.

I just follow the theory to get flavor you need to vaporize juice, you do that with surface area of a coil. use the biggest coil you can and you cant get anymore surface area so that is as flavorful as you go on the atty.
and adding more cores doesnt necessarily increase surface are that much when you are putting the biggest coil you can in any way, because you wind up having less wraps and dropping ohms so much you might not even be able to use the coil on your mod.

I also think each person has a max amount of flavor they can taste.

so if coil A produces more flavor then coil B for Person 1. If the most flavor person 2 can taste is produce by coil B, then coil A is going to taste the same as Coil B

but since everything I ever read said flavor is about surface area, and I use the largest coils possible in my attys, I dont think there is much difference if any between simple claptons and anything more complicated

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I feel like I get better flavor when my coil closely matches the size of my af opening. I've starting choosing id and number of wraps to af rather than how big can I go.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from my experience. more complicated builds do not help
i use simple SS claptons. i find them to be more flavorful then vertabraid (6 wires braided) and single wire coils
however i find the difference between a basic clapton and a fused clapton or alien to be so minimal its not worth it. Yes a well made alien has a bit more flavor then a simple clapton, but I can't even make a simple clapton so buying well made aliens is not my thing. I buy pre spooled clapton wire. Fused claptons taste identical to me as a simple clapton so why use the extra wire and lower my resistance even further

I think I prefer the clapton over a single wire coil mainly because of added surface area which to me is what increases flavor.
but all my rtas take 4mm ID coils so I can get a lot of wire in there and get plenty of surface area.

maybe at smalled IDs an alien or fused would have enough increased surface area over a simple clapton that I could notice more of a difference

I think there is a lot more to the right coil then just more complicated builds..

When I got my first rta and from then on, I put the biggest damn coil I can fit in it. my griffin 22ms have 316l 28/36 claptons at 4mm ID and 8-10 wraps usually. I dont care that the ohms read .7 or higher to start with and as the coils heat up it rises to 1.4+! I just feel to maximize the RTA or RDA you should fill it up with wire and that has worked for me. It May not work for anyone else in the world.

I just follow the theory to get flavor you need to vaporize juice, you do that with surface area of a coil. use the biggest coil you can and you cant get anymore surface area so that is as flavorful as you go on the atty.
and adding more cores doesnt necessarily increase surface are that much when you are putting the biggest coil you can in any way, because you wind up having less wraps and dropping ohms so much you might not even be able to use the coil on your mod.

I also think each person has a max amount of flavor they can taste.

so if coil A produces more flavor then coil B for Person 1. If the most flavor person 2 can taste is produce by coil B, then coil A is going to taste the same as Coil B

but since everything I ever read said flavor is about surface area, and I use the largest coils possible in my attys, I dont think there is much difference if any between simple claptons and anything more complicated

Very well thought out and said. You've put into words the thoughts I've had about coils for some time.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
For myself, I like both. Prefer tri core fused clapton in my Nanos, simple clapton in the SMM, and like both for dripping.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite builds are fused claptons. 26 inner 34 outter. No hot spitting. Just lots of vaper. 25 diameter 5 wraps

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i didnt mean to suggest that fused claptons or anything more complicated then simple claptons do not taste good or are not the right coil for others

everyone vapes differently. I like a cooler vape with a llittle warmth. Others like it hot a hell. others like in between etc etc etc

my only point is you dont need more complicated coils to improve anything

everything has its place

just because you get some staggered fused zipper track caterpilliar stapled claptons - doesnt mean they are going to be right for you or provide better flavor then a simple single wire coil. but they might if thats your style and thats what you prefer. but using the same wire and using less or more wraps or a different ID may improve your flavor or overall experience

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with the little experience I have with rebuidables I think I prefer a basic kanthal build with 24 gauge over any exotic builds lol I've tried claptons,twisted,SS, etc and decided if I go back to RBA I'll most likely stick to the beginner methods I started with..I got wicked flavor and less "spit" (flying hot juice) with my basic builds..not to mention I like vaping lower wattages (30-40 watts) I just think it's funny that with all the options and advanced things and directions I could go, in the end I just like to keep it simple. I played around with RDA's for only about two months and I've decided that RDA's aren't my thing and I am enjoying my trusty old tank again. I guess the reason I'm posting this is because I'm thinking an RDTA or RTA might be up my ally..I may make another thread for that. But in all honesty I think "advanced vaping" will never be my thing and keeping it simple is the way (for me) Anyone else feel like this or similar? I don't care about trying alien wire anymore, I used to think that was something to work towards and be proud of. In all honesty the less work the better. Just give me a vape n juice and let me get my fix LOL
Theres some really great single coil RTA,s that shine really well with a simple plain single wire coil, lower power lower juice consumption and just great Flavours ,
I own quite a few single coil RTA,s now for those reasons

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Theres some really great single coil RTA,s that shine really well with a simple plain single wire coil, lower power lower juice consumption and just great Flavours ,
I own quite a few single coil RTA,s now for those reasons

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have got my eye on the OG Ammit by Geek Vape..and plan on using it exactly like that..any experience with that one?

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Personally I'm a fan of plain old claptons 26/32 Kanthal for standard builds in the .4+ range, if I want lower ohm's I got a roll of 26/32 Kanthal and SS mix (0.3-0.35), if I want to go even lower for a warmer vape I got 26/32 316L (0.2-0.25).

I've probably done a 1000 builds by now, from framed staples, to aliens and back to simple 28g kanthal, I have tonnes of setups so I'm constantly changing the way I vape because it seems as though if I use the same build for too long it's like I lose flavor or maybe mute to the way the vapor is hitting my tongue...

If I want clouds I use triple core kanthal fused claptons 26/34 but honestly I don't look for clouds anymore..

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm only concerned with flavor, smoothness , & how it feels in my lungs, could give a shit how it looks when exhaling. Do enjoy watching others blow clouds on occasion.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you insist ...

You're CRAZY!

:D

Yeah, I'm not into any exotic or super sub ohm builds, I like to keep it simple. I do understand the attraction however, especially if you approach vaping as a hobby but for me at least, I'm just in it as a means to an end ... not smoking. Go with whatever works best for you!

VU Sponsors