Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CASAA CALL TO ACTION
Posted by brian yaeger on 12/10/2014 to Electronic Cigarette News & Story's
More Sharing ServicesShare|Share on facebookShare on myspaceShare on googleShare on twitter

CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA

CONCERNING GRANDFATHER CLAUSE

Call_to_Action_Icon.png

A Call to Action concerning the grandfather clause which suggest that all electronic cigarettes manufactured after the date of February 15, 2007 be taken off the shelves leaving many businesses out of luck. Not only will this destroy many small businesses but will in turn leave the consumer with very little choice when it comes to vaping. I urge you to visit the link below and follow the instructions to help us fight what would be a devastating act by the FDA.

Here’s more on what CASAA had to say:

Call to Action: Ask Your Legislators to Support a Change to the Tobacco Control Act

As noted in our blog last week, Representatives Boehner, McCarthy, and Upton wrote a letter to the Secretary of Health and Human Services suggesting that the grandfather date of February 15, 2007 for "new tobacco products" under the Tobacco Control Act (TCA) be changed. Such a change would result in tens of thousands of e-cigarette products not being summarily removed from the market, so we believe this presents a huge opportunity for consumers.

FIRST, Click here to send an email to your federal representative and senator, asking them to support a change in the grandfather date as a short-term solution and then to work with their fellow legislators to consider a better regulatory system for technology-based e-cigarettes than the Tobacco Control Act.

SECOND, let Representatives Boehner, McCarthy, and Upton know that you appreciate their stance on this issue that is so very important to you. It seems as if people are quick to criticize and slow to compliment, and we want these representatives to know that we are grateful for their efforts.

Click here to join CASAA in a thank you letter. Signatures will be collected throughout the month of December, and then delivered to the representatives.

Consider taking a moment out of your busy day to not only sign the CASAA letter, but also to (1) write a very brief handwritten note to Representatives Boehner, McCarthy, and Upton and/or or (2) call and leave a message letting them know that you appreciate their efforts.*

The Honorable John Boehner

7969 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, Suite B

West Chester, OH 45069

Voice: 513-779-5400

FAX: 513-779-5315

The Honorable Kevin McCarthy

4100 Empire Drive, Suite 150

Bakersfield, CA 93309

Voice: 661-327-3611

FAX: 661-637-0867

The Honorable Fred Upton

720 Main Street

St. Joseph, MI 49085-1124

Voice: 269-982-1986

FAX: 269-982-0237

*We are mindful that while vaping is an important issue, it is not the only issue that our membership may find important. If you find yourself at odds with one of these representatives' stance on other issue(s) you feel passionately about, it is entirely appropriate to respectfully note that by saying, for example, something along the lines of, "I'll be honest in saying that I have traditionally voted Democrat, and I don't agree with many of your positions, but I want to let you know that I appreciate your stance on this issue."

THIRD, share this Call to Action with others so that we can make our voice heard. This is a tremendous opportunity, and widespread participation can make a huge difference. Share via social media, and ask the vendors you do business with to share with their customers.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
*We are mindful that while vaping is an important issue, it is not the only issue that our membership may find important. If you find yourself at odds with one of these representatives' stance on other issue(s) you feel passionately about, it is entirely appropriate to respectfully note that by saying, for example, something along the lines of, "I'll be honest in saying that I have traditionally voted Democrat, and I don't agree with many of your positions, but I want to let you know that I appreciate your stance on this issue."

That's a very insightful disclaimer of sorts because, yeah, the thought of sending Boehner a love letter is a bit repulsive to me.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

That's a very insightful disclaimer of sorts because, yeah, the thought of sending Boehner a love letter is a bit repulsive to me.
I agree completely. I did, however, realize when I signed the initial support for Boehner that I always complain that nobody will compromise and work together. This is one instance where someone I disagree with 99% of the time and generally dislike has it right. By all means I will voice my support for him. We all need to put partisan shit aside in all facets of government if we ever want to accomplish anything. The lack of that is why our system is at a standstill. I'm actually more liberal than most any democrats, I kinda hate em all...

Thanks for the link, I passed it on to family who also dislike Boehner but are reasonable enough to stand up for and give credit to him when he's in the right. I also don't feel a need to express my disdain for his other agendas, as they are not what this is about.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same filthy coin in my opinion. If it's true that the next presidential election is going to be Jeb Bush vs. Hillary Clinton I just won't vote. What would be the point?

By the way, is it true that Boehner is a vaper?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same filthy coin in my opinion. If it's true that the next presidential election is going to be Jeb Bush vs. Hillary Clinton I just won't vote. What would be the point?

By the way, is it true that Boehner is a vaper?
I have to admit, shamefully I'm debating not bothering to vote, either, unless one option is scary bad to me. Two sides of a filthy coin, and all full of shit. The money trail becomes evident once in office and policy making gets going, though the president themself can't really do much alone. Kinda need the House and Senate.

And I'd believe it if Boehner has at least tried vaping. I know he is a smoker, or if a vaper, a prior smoker. I hope he does vape.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to admit, shamefully I'm debating not bothering to vote, either, unless one option is scary bad to me. Two sides of a filthy coin, and all full of shit. The money trail becomes evident once in office and policy making gets going, though the president themself can't really do much alone. Kinda need the House and Senate.

And I'd believe it if Boehner has at least tried vaping. I know he is a smoker, or if a vaper, a prior smoker. I hope he does vape.
I read somewhere that he's a vaper.

If you could put Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich in one of those teleporting merging devices like from The Fly and come out with a Ronnis Paucinich that maintains the good qualities of both parties while rejecting the BS that would be my ideal candidate.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I read somewhere that he's a vaper.

If you could put Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich in one of those teleporting merging devices like from The Fly and come out with a Ronnis Paucinich that maintains the good qualities of both parties while rejecting the BS that would be my ideal candidate.
Meh, I was into the Kucinich bandwagon a while ago, I'm not so sure he's any better. And Ron Paul's a bit crazy IMO. You do state, however, to merge the best of the two, so depending on what that entails it could work ;)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Meh, I was into the Kucinich bandwagon a while ago, I'm not so sure he's any better. And Ron Paul's a bit crazy IMO. You do state, however, to merge the best of the two, so depending on what that entails it could work ;)
Remember Howard Dean and what a backstab he got from his own party and the media?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Remember Howard Dean and what a backstab he got from his own party and the media?
Oh yeah. They're all corrupt fucks. It's sad, honestly. It really surprises me that republicans are on our side with this issue, and democrats are siding with big tobacco. Seems backwards, and I don't trust any of it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah. They're all corrupt fucks. It's sad, honestly. It really surprises me that republicans are on our side with this issue, and democrats are siding with big tobacco. Seems backwards, and I don't trust any of it.
Yep, I'm with you. When I first heard talk that it was the Democrats doing that I just thought some neo-cons were spouting BS but after I looked into it I saw they were right. Unbelievable.

VU Sponsors