Become a Patron!

Can a DIY ever taste like a "premium" juice?

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

Im a beginner in DIY juices. Mede two shake and vape ttah sucks. A FA Strawberry (10%) + Mentohol (3%) that endes with somethin close to 65vg/35 pg and 3,2 nic. But the menthol was too strong and almost fell no strawberry. Then a i did a pure FA Strawberry (3%), same vg/pg and nic a little higher, 3,5. But also almost no strawberry tastet.

Then i did other three that i think they were ok. A fruit mix and two desset style. Let them steep 10 to 14 days.

If a premium juice is 10, i'd give my last three a 6,8 o 7. You knkow, them were good, but does not have that "punch", that little extra or very tastefull flavor that i felt in comercial premium juices...

I did de basic stuff. Mix them beeing very thorough with quantities. Shake once a day and let them in the dark.

My question is. To get something like a "premium" comercial juice do i nedd to do things like breathing? Put in hot water (55 celsius - 131 F) for a few minuts after mix the ingredients? Put sweetners?

Can i ever make a juice as good as the premium comercial with the simple technic i said above? Or i really need some extra gear ou extra tips to reach it? Or, for sure, more time and experience making my DIYs?

Thanks you guys

Best.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys,

Im a beginner in DIY juices. Mede two shake and vape ttah sucks. A FA Strawberry (10%) + Mentohol (3%) that endes with somethin close to 65vg/35 pg and 3,2 nic. But the menthol was too strong and almost fell no strawberry. Then a i did a pure FA Strawberry (3%), same vg/pg and nic a little higher, 3,5. But also almost no strawberry tastet.

Then i did other three that i think they were ok. A fruit mix and two desset style. Let them steep 10 to 14 days.

If a premium juice is 10, i'd give my last three a 6,8 o 7. You knkow, them were good, but does not have that "punch", that little extra or very tastefull flavor that i felt in comercial premium juices...

I did de basic stuff. Mix them beeing very thorough with quantities. Shake once a day and let them in the dark.

My question is. To get something like a "premium" comercial juice do i nedd to do things like breathing? Put in hot water (55 celsius - 131 F) for a few minuts after mix the ingredients? Put sweetners?

Can i ever make a juice as good as the premium comercial with the simple technic i said above? Or i really need some extra gear ou extra tips to reach it? Or, for sure, more time and experience making my DIYs?

Thanks you guys

Best.

It’s not uncommon in the least to have have the issue of not being able to taste the strawberry in your DIY flavors...I had the exact same issue.
As odd as it may sound, drop your % of Strawberry flavoring...picked up that little trick from someone, but I don’t recall who off the top of my head, but bringing the flavor percentages of strawberry down can actually bring the strawberry flavor up.
Just FYI, the two strawberries I mainly use to mix together are Cap-Sweet Strawberry and TFA-Ripe Strawberry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The trend for DIY for the last few years has been towards low percentage flavor mixes.

The trend for commercial juice has been for higher percentages flavor mixes.

If you feel that your mixes are coming out weak, try mixes with higher percentages. I use higher percentages.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can a DIY ever taste like a "premium" juice?

Yep. BETTER!

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 14%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.25%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3.85%
Capella Sweet Cream 1.65%
sweetener 0.1% *(optional)

Steeping not necessary, but it does taste a bit stronger and sweeter after about 4-7 days.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They definitely can!
Like @Time alluded to. If the flavor is week, increase the flavor.
I mix with higher percentage flavor, also make sure you get the right grade flavoring, PG and VG.
Personally, I’ve learned to stick with mostly flavor art and Flavor Apprentice for all my flavorings and essential depot for my pg and VG

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
DIY is waaaaaaay better. You get exactly what you want in flavor, you get to cherry pick every last ingredient including the bottle and labeling. If you have ever had a juice you wish had a touch more of one thing or a little less of something else, you can make that happen and get a finely tuned end result. With some patience, some practice and following the good advice of others (which this site has in ample supply). Then DIY is 1,000% better. This of course just being my experience and opinion.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I'll try this one :)

You might want to use less flavoring, maybe half what I use, since i do vape at very low wattage, and you don't. BUT, if you're new as an ex-smoker, it actually might be ok. It's just a smidge less than 25% flavoring, not really extreme, but those who vape at higher wattage usually use less flavoring -- IF they've been off cigarettes for a considerable time. If you find it too highly-flavored, just add a bit more VG.

Andria

PS -- as far as I know (Inawera doesn't tell, so who knows?!), that recipe is diketone-free -- no "popcorn lung". ;) If that's even actually possible with vaping. :D I just figure, better safe than obliterated lungs. ;)

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You might want to use less flavoring, maybe half what I use, since i do vape at very low wattage, and you don't. BUT, if you're new as an ex-smoker, it actually might be ok. It's just a smidge less than 25% flavoring, not really extreme, but those who vape at higher wattage usually use less flavoring -- IF they've been off cigarettes for a considerable time. If you find it too highly-flavored, just add a bit more VG.

Andria

PS -- as far as I know (Inawera doesn't tell, so who knows?!), that recipe is diketone-free -- no "popcorn lung". ;) If that's even actually possible with vaping. :D I just figure, better safe than obliterated lungs. ;)
I'll try with little less first. I vape at 40W-50W (with Zeus Dual) to a 60W-70W with premade Vaporesso coils (NRG tank). Non smoker for 5 years. Two years ago i was drunk and smoked one, just one cigarrete. Then i saw myself smoking again for 4 weeks!!!!! Frustraded, i droped the package in the trash and only vape since then. But, in this two years, i was smoking with a very cheap pen, then Pen 22 from Smok and just 2 months ago i bought a more grownup Mod (Revenger x) and began to get interessed in making coils and juices :). So, in this "real" vaping field, i still a begginer trying to learn ;)

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yes diy juice can be made to taste like “premium” juice. Just dump a ton of sweetener in the bottle with some flavoring and viola. Why you’d want to do so is another question. I thought most of us got into diy so we didn’t have to taste “premium” juice. Oh and to save a ton of money while getting the exact flavors we want also. So there ya go....good luck

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll try with little less first. I vape at 40W-50W (with Zeus Dual) to a 60W-70W with premade Vaporesso coils (NRG tank). Non smoker for 5 years. Two years ago i was drunk and smoked one, just one cigarrete. Then i saw myself smoking again for 4 weeks!!!!! Frustraded, i droped the package in the trash and only vape since then. But, in this two years, i was smoking with a very cheap pen, then Pen 22 from Smok and just 2 months ago i bought a more grownup Mod (Revenger x) and began to get interessed in making coils and juices :). So, in this "real" vaping field, i still a begginer trying to learn ;)

I know exactly how fast those bastards get their hooks back in, thx to my own dual-use relapse when I'd been smoke-free a bit less than 4 months -- I thought I'd smoke maybe for a week... it ended up being a month, and was much harder putting them down than it was the first time, when vaping was new and novel. :D

I got my son switched to vaping last July... and now he's a dual-user, smoking again but not cigarettes thank god, but those clove-flavored cigars (they smell just a smidge less ghastly than plain cigarettes). One day I thought, "I should go out and ask him for a hit." Then I nearly slapped myself, because I NEVER wanna go thru that quitting shit EVER again -- much easier to STAY quit! :)

If by some weird chance you find that it's actually not flavored as much as you'd like, check out my blog page, linked at the bottom of my sig (My BEST Recipes (blog)), and the original recipe for that strawberry and cream is there, at 31% flavoring, along with the "latest" iteration at just under 25%. Dunno how you feel about tobacco flavors now, but there are also a couple that are sweet, but have tobacco tones; cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco, and "Smocha" -- sweet mocha coffee with smoky tones.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes diy juice can be made to taste like “premium” juice. Just dump a ton of sweetener in the bottle with some flavoring and viola. Why you’d want to do so is another question. I thought most of us got into diy so we didn’t have to taste “premium” juice. Oh and to save a ton of money while getting the exact flavors we want also. So there ya go....good luck

Viola is a nice instrument, but I preferred violin. I never found bought ejuice sweet enough; I had to add sweetener just to make it tolerable. So there is no "one size fits all" with ANY aspect of vaping.

Perhaps you meant "Voila", which is french?

Andria

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know exactly how fast those bastards get their hooks back in, thx to my own dual-use relapse when I'd been smoke-free a bit less than 4 months -- I thought I'd smoke maybe for a week... it ended up being a month, and was much harder putting them down than it was the first time, when vaping was new and novel. :D

I got my son switched to vaping last July... and now he's a dual-user, smoking again but not cigarettes thank god, but those clove-flavored cigars (they smell just a smidge less ghastly than plain cigarettes). One day I thought, "I should go out and ask him for a hit." Then I nearly slapped myself, because I NEVER wanna go thru that quitting shit EVER again -- much easier to STAY quit! :)

If by some weird chance you find that it's actually not flavored as much as you'd like, check out my blog page, linked at the bottom of my sig (My BEST Recipes (blog)), and the original recipe for that strawberry and cream is there, at 31% flavoring, along with the "latest" iteration at just under 25%. Dunno how you feel about tobacco flavors now, but there are also a couple that are sweet, but have tobacco tones; cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco, and "Smocha" -- sweet mocha coffee with smoky tones.

Andria
Nice to know. I'll visit.

best

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Is that thing, taste is taste. For example, i like that Nasty Juice Blue, UniNuts from BLVK, Riot Modus, Naked Maui Sun, Beast Cloud Ghost Rider, for example. I'd like to DIY juices that gives me the same pleasure, but creating my own flavors. Im very, very new in DIY liquids, so, was just trying to undestand if they use some special technical or something. As you said, can be the tons of sweeteners... Just trying to learn.

Cheers.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Is that thing, taste is taste. For example, i like that Nasty Juice Blue, UniNuts from BLVK, Riot Modus, Naked Maui Sun, Beast Cloud Ghost Rider, for example. I'd like to DIY juices that gives me the same pleasure, but creating my own flavors. Im very, very new in DIY liquids, so, was just trying to undestand if they use some special technical or something. As you said, can be the tons of sweeteners... Just trying to learn.

Cheers.

So do like everyone else and enjoy the already awesome recipes of those who have worked them out while you build the necessary skills to create your own awesomeness. Its the best exposure into learning the craft.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So do like everyone else and enjoy the already awesome recipes of those who have worked them out while you build the necessary skills to create your own awesomeness. Its the best exposure into learning the craft.

^^^this - mixing this and that flavors willynilly is highly unlikely to result in excellent juice

It takes quite awhile to learn what each individual flavor really tastes like and how it will taste when mixed with another flavor; this is key when creating your own recipes

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Or at least get an idea of proportions of flavors that are good together. I've never had any success with other folks' recipes; I had to create my own recipes to have anything I liked; I've occasionally slightly modified recipes posted around here, with some success.

Andria

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It has been 3 years since I have bought vendor juice. Let's put it this way: I ain't going back!!! Whether it is something you have come up with yourself or someone else's recipe, the fact that you mixed it up yourself is very satisfying! Frankly most DIY recipes are head and shoulders above any vendor juice IMHO! Just throw a dart at any recipe on this forum and you will find a winner!

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Viola is a nice instrument, but I preferred violin. I never found bought ejuice sweet enough; I had to add sweetener just to make it tolerable. So there is no "one size fits all" with ANY aspect of vaping.

Perhaps you meant "Voila", which is french?

Andria
Touché, which is also French. See what I did there. Thank you for the correction, I feel like such a plebeian

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Cheers.
I don’t think there is a secret to it. Just takes lots of time mixing different flavors at different proportions with other flavors and so on. Best advice I can give is mix small batches, lots of them.That will give you the most experience the fastest and write everything down. That way when you find a winner, you can upscale and make a big bottle of delicious juice. The longer you mix the better you get, the more likely you will have success knowing what flavorings are likely to taste good together and at what ratio. Good luck and enjoy the ride

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I don’t think there is a secret to it. Just takes lots of time mixing different flavors at different proportions with other flavors and so on. Best advice I can give is mix small batches, lots of them.That will give you the most experience the fastest and write everything down. That way when you find a winner, you can upscale and make a big bottle of delicious juice. The longer you mix the better you get, the more likely you will have success knowing what flavorings are likely to taste good together and at what ratio. Good luck and enjoy the ride
Guess you're right. I'll pick me up a few small bottles to test (and take note) of the recipes. I'll post when i get one that hits the jackpot :)

Best

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers.

What you really need are recipes. Sharpen up your Google-fu skills...
There is a world of DIY clones out there.
Take any juice you can name and add e-juice clone onto the end. You'll get lots of results.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
A lot of DIY is in trying to match store bought flavors. I've been chasing Royalty II for the better part of 6 months and am pretty close to it. That said there are a lot of blends I've found online that are very good. Try http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ for a good place to start. From there I've found a core of six or seven mixes that I make every month. It also gives you a good idea of how different flavors affect the blend and in what percentages.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot of DIY is in trying to match store bought flavors. I've been chasing Royalty II for the better part of 6 months and am pretty close to it. That said there are a lot of blends I've found online that are very good. Try http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ for a good place to start. From there I've found a core of six or seven mixes that I make every month. It also gives you a good idea of how different flavors affect the blend and in what percentages.

I've never been able to "clone" anything, which is really how I started off creating my own recipes. I'd never vaped anything strawberry, so the strawberry & cream I mixed, I had nothing to compare it to. I've since tasted other strawberry & cream or strawberry milk flavors, and all I can think when I do is, "where's the strawberry?" ;)

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The combination of your coil resistance and your device wattage can really affect the flavor of your juice. I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to sub-ohm vaping, but have finally realized that with a sub-ohm coil, that wattage has gotta go up to a point that it vaporizes the juice properly, and that's when the flavor comes out. Also helps, at least in my situation, to not have airflow all the way open.

My Zeus is a single-coil, but it's a flavor monster at about 32-38W. That's with a single 0.7 ohm clapton coil. Depending on what coils you have in your dual, you might want to try bumping your wattage up some, and close the airflow up just a bit, to see if your juice tastes better.

Oh, and DIY rocks. It's a trial and error thing, but very rewarding once you get a little experience.

ETA: Lots of people can't taste strawberry. For me, the challenging flavor is orange.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ETA: Lots of people can't taste strawberry. For me, the challenging flavor is orange.

For me, it's chocolate -- the ONLY one I can taste at all is Molinberry's Glamour Chocolate, and it took me a good while to find it. And blueberry to some extent -- to me, it's just a weak flavor, and apparently there are a lot of versions of it; some taste more or less right to me, some taste like baked blueberries, and some don't taste like much of anything. And once, I got a "green apple" ejuice, which I thought tasted a lot more like "green bananas". :giggle:

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can i ever make a juice as good as the premium comercial with the simple technic i said above?

Some of mine are so way better than retail because they are tailored to my tastes and some other people who have had them loved them also. Don't give up just take a step back and take in the big picture my friend. Try the KISS Technique.

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

When i started this thread i was disappointed with a Mothers Milk recipe taht i find on line and did it. I thought i was good, but not as good as the juices i buy. So, i graded it with a 6,8 or 7. Not bad, but not the best thing. Two days of extra steeping and now its a fuc**ing 8,5 :)
I guess it just need a few more steeping days to get even better. Today i just felt a need for more creamy or sweet. If in a few days it didn't get where i want i'll add some cream or sweetner (or both) and see how it goes.

Nice talking to you guys.

Best

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If in a few days it didn't get where i want i'll add some cream or sweetner (or both) and see how it goes.

That is known as Tweaking the Recipe and make sure to keep detailed notes because it sucks to perfect something and you did not write it down and wind up with a brain fart when you try to recreate the perfection. Good Luck and I am confident you will one day very soon say this is fucking easy~! Why didn't I do this in the beginning?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
For me, it's chocolate -- the ONLY one I can taste at all is Molinberry's Glamour Chocolate, and it took me a good while to find it. And blueberry to some extent -- to me, it's just a weak flavor, and apparently there are a lot of versions of it; some taste more or less right to me, some taste like baked blueberries, and some don't taste like much of anything. And once, I got a "green apple" ejuice, which I thought tasted a lot more like "green bananas". :giggle:

Andria

Thank you for giving the name of that chocolate again. I remembered the "glamour chocolate" but not the Molinberry's part.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi everyone,

When i started this thread i was disappointed with a Mothers Milk recipe taht i find on line and did it. I thought i was good, but not as good as the juices i buy. So, i graded it with a 6,8 or 7. Not bad, but not the best thing. Two days of extra steeping and now its a fuc**ing 8,5 :)
I guess it just need a few more steeping days to get even better. Today i just felt a need for more creamy or sweet. If in a few days it didn't get where i want i'll add some cream or sweetner (or both) and see how it goes.

Nice talking to you guys.

Best
I’m glad you steeped it! Some juices(custards, especially) need at LEAST a two week steep.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m glad you steeped it! Some juices(custards, especially) need at LEAST a two week steep.

Yep, or at least a week -- when I first started doing my strawberry & cream, one reason I used such an excessive amount of flavoring (31%) was to avoid steeping altogether. But now since I know I like it (it's the only thing I vape), i can allow it to have a week in the bottle while I finish off the 2nd half of another bottle -- I always mix when the bottle is about half done. I use about 24.5% flavoring now, and give it that week, and it's great.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To me, "10% flavoring" sounds like "10% tasty". :giggle: It might taste a LITTLE better than water... but not much.

Andria

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Trying two new recipes. Think i put too much of Banana in one (10%) and Hazelnut (10%) in the other. The hazelnut one end up with 17% of flavors. The Banana one end up with 18% of flavors.

I saw a few videos that people say when you put much more than 5% of a specific flavor it mutes the flavor. Any way. I'll test the banana tomorrow because im steeping it 3 days (there's only fruits and a pinch 0,3% of menthol - also put 0,2% of CAP super sweet), and the hazelnut one has also vanilla and other stuf (and the same 0,2% of super CAP sweet)f, so i'll let it seat for 14 days and see what happens and if this 10% will really mutes the main flavor of the recipes...

Best.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Trying two new recipes. Think i put too much of Banana in one (10%) and Hazelnut (10%) in the other. The hazelnut one end up with 17% of flavors. The Banana one end up with 18% of flavors.

I saw a few videos that people say when you put much more than 5% of a specific flavor it mutes the flavor. Any way. I'll test the banana tomorrow because im steeping it 3 days (there's only fruits and a pinch 0,3% of menthol - also put 0,2% of CAP super sweet), and the hazelnut one has also vanilla and other stuf (and the same 0,2% of super CAP sweet)f, so i'll let it seat for 14 days and see what happens and if this 10% will really mutes the main flavor of the recipes...

Best.

It really is possible to mute flavors by using too much... it's also possible to come up with something truly vomitous by using too much -- particularly tobacco flavors. But the hazelnut one may fall into the latter category -- vomitous -- just because any nut flavor is achieved with a chemical called acetyl pyrazine... which can taste like nuts if used in TINY percentages... or like anything from fritos to sweaty socks if used in high percentages. Seriously, sweaty socks! Or maybe even a men's locker room. :D

TFA's Blueberry Extra is one that gets muted very easily -- anything over 8% and the flavor completely vanishes. I think some others have that problem, too. It's always been surprising to me that INW's Shisha Strawberry CAN be used in very high percentages -- I started out using 16%, and have finally gotten it down under 14% -- without going foul; it just gets strong, sweet, and powerful, but it also can't be steeped very long if you use too much -- even a bit under 14%, I only steep it about a week-ish.

Also, *any* "DX" flavors (most of TFA's diketone-free flavors are designated "DX" though their Vanilla Swirl is diketone-free and not designated with DX) should be used ONLY to a max of 6%, or you begin to taste the butyric acid, and that's really bad -- many people say it reminds them of stomach acid -- i.e., TRULY vomitous. Can't say for sure about other mfr's diketone-free flavors; Capella's Vanilla Custard v2 (their diketone-free custard) just SCREAMS "artificial" in mile-high letters; it reminds me of tasting plastic or polymer.

Andria

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
It really is possible to mute flavors by using too much... it's also possible to come up with something truly vomitous by using too much -- particularly tobacco flavors. But the hazelnut one may fall into the latter category -- vomitous -- just because any nut flavor is achieved with a chemical called acetyl pyrazine... which can taste like nuts if used in TINY percentages... or like anything from fritos to sweaty socks if used in high percentages. Seriously, sweaty socks! Or maybe even a men's locker room. :D

TFA's Blueberry Extra is one that gets muted very easily -- anything over 8% and the flavor completely vanishes. I think some others have that problem, too. It's always been surprising to me that INW's Shisha Strawberry CAN be used in very high percentages -- I started out using 16%, and have finally gotten it down under 14% -- without going foul; it just gets strong, sweet, and powerful, but it also can't be steeped very long if you use too much -- even a bit under 14%, I only steep it about a week-ish.

Also, *any* "DX" flavors (most of TFA's diketone-free flavors are designated "DX" though their Vanilla Swirl is diketone-free and not designated with DX) should be used ONLY to a max of 6%, or you begin to taste the butyric acid, and that's really bad -- many people say it reminds them of stomach acid -- i.e., TRULY vomitous. Can't say for sure about other mfr's diketone-free flavors; Capella's Vanilla Custard v2 (their diketone-free custard) just SCREAMS "artificial" in mile-high letters; it reminds me of tasting plastic or polymer.

Andria
Oh sh*t!!! Lol. Lets see what happens. I did just 10 ml of each to try. In the worst scenario ill try to dilute with a little PG/VG just as an experiment, and make the recipe again with less hazelnut (or banana). :)

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Andria
After what you said i tasted both. The hazelnut was not vomitous or even tasted like a sock, but i've felt a weird chemical taste in it. And just couldn't find the other flavors. I guess i'll dilute it in 50/50. Will get 5ml of the ready juice and and 5ml of VG/PG/Nic base.

The banana, on the other side, was not too bad. Maybe the banana was little mutted, but i could fell the banana and surely could fell the strawberry, but not the apple. I guess i'll dilute this one in a little less, like 1/3. If i had 10 ml, would put 3ml more of PG/VG/Nic base. But 'ill do this try out with 5ml, so i guess 1,5 mil of base might work well. Lets see what happens :) .

Here the inicial recipes:

Banana Try #1
Red Touch (FA) 3% (This one is strawberry)
Super Sweetner (Capella) 0,02%
Ripe Banana (TPA) 10%
Menthol (TPA) 0,03%
Apple Double (FW) 5%
I put this flavor mix in a 70/30 VG/PG with 4 Nic. (didn't do do math to see the final result).

Hazelnut Try #1

Frenc Vanilla (NicVape) 2%
Hazelnut (Nic Vape) 10%
Bitterwseet Chocolate TPA (5%)
Super Swettner (Cap) 0,2%
I put this flavor mix in a 70/30 VG/PG with 4 Nic. (didn't do do math to see the final result).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(didn't do do math to see the final result).

You really don't need to "do math" -- if math was necessary, I'd still be smoking! Just use a DIY calculator. I use this one: EcigVape -- To get an idea, here's the link with all my own recipes -- some of them never went anywhere, but towards the bottom you'll find all the variants of my strawberry & cream recipe, which is by far the best I've ever created: CrypticVapes.

I like this calculator the best because it allows you to specify the nic level and PG/VG ratio of EVERY SINGLE INGREDIENT ADDED. Since I have to be careful to use upwards of 85% PG in everything I vape, that's crucial to me.

Andria

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeap,

@AndriaD @wildgypsy70 @SteveS45 @zeeter @LeanPipe @pulsevape @hellcatrydr @Rooster Cogburn @gopher_byrd @jwill @JuicyLucy @f1r3b1rd @The Cromwell @Just Frank @ScReWbALL and others in this thread that if -- because of my injuried brain :) - i forgot to mention...

Thanks for all the tips and stuff.

Im very glad how my Mother Milk Clone steeped. And im speacially happy with two recipes i've created.

At first i did sh*t. Put like 10% of the main flavor i wanted. So, the one with Hazelnut i dilluted. Take 5ml of the sh*t one and add another 5ml of a pure 70VG/30PG/4Nic base.

This is the original recipe (not dilluted):

Hazelnut Try #1

Frenc Vanilla (NicVape) 2%
Hazelnut (Nic Vape) 10%
Bitterwseet Chocolate TPA (5%)
Super Swettner (Cap) 0,2%

The original recipe taste like chemical and i could smell but not taste this "chemical hazelnut" and taste or smell anything else neither.

After i add the extra 5 ml of VgPgNic base (70/30/4), the sh*t , not even steeped, is tasting wonderfull. Is not the perfection cause i just can't feel the vanilla, but is very good, the hazelnut is there, the chocolate is there, and i can't stop vaping it. Need to do plenty of work to get exactly what i want (maybe an extra pinch of vanilla), but im really happy with its taste today.

The second try was this one (not dilluted):

Banana Try #1
Red Touch (FA) 3% (This one is strawberry)
Super Sweetner (Capella) 0,2%
Ripe Banana (TPA) 10%
Menthol (TPA) 0,3%
Apple Double (FW) 5%

With the original recipe i smell LOTS of banana, but couldn't really taste the banana, taste a nice banana. I could sense some strawberry, but nothing of apple. Ah! And i sense a pinch of menthol also.

I pick up 5 ml of the original and add 2,7 ml of VgPgNic base (70/30/4). I lost all the menthol flavor in the juice, but the juice itself end up beeing a nice fruity flavor. It stills a little odd, some times i feel like this is a Banana, with strawberry and a pich of apple, and, in other puffs feels like is a Strawberry, with banana, and a pinch of apple. It's weird, but vapable, and not bad, i acctualy kind of enjoying it. Need to work a lot in this one also, but feels like im going in the right direction.

Ok. I wrote all this crap just to thanks you guys and say that all you were right. A DIY can be as good as a premium commercial juice, or even better.

Thanks so much for the help.

PS: With the add of the base i will calculte the new percentage for the flavors and do some more tests to see where it gets me. :)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Many times when I experiment with a new recipe I make 10MLs in 15ML bottle so I have room to tweak it. The more you do the more little tricks you will find out all on your own. One thing I never do is try to copy a recipe but rather I take one and create my own unique twist on it. Good Luck again buddy~!

VU Sponsors