Become a Patron!

can anyone recommend a small internal battery mod?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have been using an istick 30w as my work vape for a while now, but everything i take to work breaks (boots, clothes, vape gear, bones, flesh, spirit etc). im pretty sure my istick is finally on its last leg, and im looking to replace it with something similarly small and tough, with at least 30w.

i dont follow regulated mods at all, and i have very little experience with most of the companies making this stuff. a quick look at fasttech for 30-60w internal battery mods brought me to a small list of potentials which only stick out because i know the brand a little bit:
-Aspire Zelos 50W
-Augvape Zoom 60W
-iStick Kiya 50W
-iStick 30W

the zelos i have actually held in my hand at my local shop (who sell it for 3x the price ft sells it for). it felt strong, its metal and its got a bit more power than the istick. ~$30

the zoom is on here because i like augvape. the button placement looks like its not ideal for pocketing at work, but its small and has a bit of power. ~$40

the istick kiya is similarly sized, but a bit more powerful than the istick30. if its as tough as the other isticks i have had, it seems like it would be an obvious choice. in my experience, the istick 30 and the tc100 are two of the toughest mods i have ever owned. ~$40

or i could just grab a couple more istick 30s for ~$20 because i know they will be good enough. only gripe about them is the wattage is almost not enough.

any input is appreciated. im not stuck on these specific options, but they are the only ones that popped out to me in my quick search. mainly just looking for anything thats roughly the same size and toughness as the istick30 (bonus points for being a bit higher than 30w).

:cheers:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
iStick TC40W was my first and still going strong almost 4 years later~! That Dickhead Ken on ECF is proven wrong again and again as the years go by........

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i have been using an istick 30w as my work vape for a while now, but everything i take to work breaks (boots, clothes, vape gear, bones, flesh, spirit etc). im pretty sure my istick is finally on its last leg, and im looking to replace it with something similarly small and tough, with at least 30w.

i dont follow regulated mods at all, and i have very little experience with most of the companies making this stuff. a quick look at fasttech for 30-60w internal battery mods brought me to a small list of potentials which only stick out because i know the brand a little bit:
-Aspire Zelos 50W
-Augvape Zoom 60W
-iStick Kiya 50W
-iStick 30W

the zelos i have actually held in my hand at my local shop (who sell it for 3x the price ft sells it for). it felt strong, its metal and its got a bit more power than the istick. ~$30

the zoom is on here because i like augvape. the button placement looks like its not ideal for pocketing at work, but its small and has a bit of power. ~$40

the istick kiya is similarly sized, but a bit more powerful than the istick30. if its as tough as the other isticks i have had, it seems like it would be an obvious choice. in my experience, the istick 30 and the tc100 are two of the toughest mods i have ever owned. ~$40

or i could just grab a couple more istick 30s for ~$20 because i know they will be good enough. only gripe about them is the wattage is almost not enough.

any input is appreciated. im not stuck on these specific options, but they are the only ones that popped out to me in my quick search. mainly just looking for anything thats roughly the same size and toughness as the istick30 (bonus points for being a bit higher than 30w).

:cheers:
My 30 watts Isticks are still working like the day they arrived, about 3-4 years ago. Good little batteries.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the littlefoot is really nice, but it doesnt look like a work beater kind of mod. is it tough? is it mostly plastic, or metal?

It’s metal, it doesn’t have that rugged, durable feel; but it is. It’s survived quite a few knocks and falls from a certain clumsy person.

I guess in my mind, it has the added bonus of being exceptionally pocket friendly.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My 30 watts Isticks are still working like the day they arrived, about 3-4 years ago. Good little batteries.

Yeah if all the Assholes who say you should not use USB to charge were right my iStick or PC should have died years ago! And if using pass-thru damages them this little iStick should have blown up in my hands years ago. Still my back up carry and last longer than the IS-10-T's who told me the battery os not what they claim it is. Amazes me how someone who never owned one can make such claims.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Revenger Mini comes to mind, 85w, if 2500 mah is enough. Great form factor.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah this was my first mod ever. i have had it for the same amount of time, and its outlived a literal box of other mods that werent tough enough to be in my pocket at work.
It’s metal, it doesn’t have that rugged, durable feel; but it is. It’s survived quite a few knocks and falls from a certain clumsy person.
I guess in my mind, it has the added bonus of being exceptionally pocket friendly.
nice, i thought it was plastic from the pics i have seen. ill put it on my list of contenders.

funny part of all this, is that i started this thread after dropping my istick+kayfun prime and having it start to act funny. i thought it was broken so i quickly started trying to find a replacement option (mainly to spare a different mod from having to come to work with me)....the tank was loose and the resistance reading was fluctuating dramatically. turns out, it was the tank and not the mod. i took the kayfun off to use on a 'not broken' mod and i noticed the rattle/looseness was the kayfun and not the istick. so the punchline of all this is that the istick is still fucking fine, and i broke a kayfun prime instead. the whole thing scared me a bit though, so ill likely grab at least another istick, and possibly a backup. i have a feeling they will be burying me with this istick 30 though (and when an archaeologist digs me up later they can try some vintage pancake man because my istick will still work).

edit - thanks for the recommendations everyone :cheers:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah this was my first mod ever. i have had it for the same amount of time, and its outlived a literal box of other mods that werent tough enough to be in my pocket at work.

nice, i thought it was plastic from the pics i have seen. ill put it on my list of contenders.

funny part of all this, is that i started this thread after dropping my istick+kayfun prime and having it start to act funny. i thought it was broken so i quickly started trying to find a replacement option (mainly to spare a different mod from having to come to work with me)....the tank was loose and the resistance reading was fluctuating dramatically. turns out, it was the tank and not the mod. i took the kayfun off to use on a 'not broken' mod and i noticed the rattle/looseness was the kayfun and not the istick. so the punchline of all this is that the istick is still fucking fine, and i broke a kayfun prime instead. the whole thing scared me a bit though, so ill likely grab at least another istick, and possibly a backup. i have a feeling they will be burying me with this istick 30 though (and when an archaeologist digs me up later they can try some vintage pancake man because my istick will still work).

Can’t go wrong with that! I don’t have a prime; but, I’ve had my kf5 do similar.
I just broke down the entire thing and rebuilt it . Base, post, airflow ring ... everything.
Hope you can get that sorted out!

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

-Aspire Zelos 50W
-Augvape Zoom 60W
-iStick Kiya 50W
-iStick 30W

Last edited:

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
I have the Eleaf and i can confirm it is good and dependable. I kinda wish it had a larger screen though, or at least one that can be seen while you are actually vaping on it. But the build quality is good and performance of the internal battery is superb. The only downside i can see about it is that it takes a long while to charge.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The mod is a CB-60 by Wismec, It'S 2300 MaH internal battery gives me 18 hrs of vape time at 16 watts . I bought a purple one for the wife and she loved it so much I decided to get one in brushed copper for myself for mtl at work and I love it also.

20180427_153323.jpg 20180427_174158.jpg

VU Sponsors