Become a Patron!

Can I call my vape mod as «vape»? What do you thing about people who use this as noun?

Dreamject

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello from Russia)
A lot of people in my city does not know English, I know this language totally dab, too.
But my friend Vitaly beelives that nations, which use Egnlish as native language, think about people which use «vape» as noun are moron, idiots and fools. For example «I like this vape».

Can you tell me, is this true or not?

He does not beelive in Oxford dictionary, in Google, he sure that it's fake.

Another question - how usually you call your vape? :)

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mod + tank = Mank

I call my rigs manks. As in let me grab my mank and we can go, or where the fuck is my mank?

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't actually speak to many local e-cig users so I don't know how strict they are about the language. lol
Most of the people that live nearby speak other languages anyway.

I have called it a vape before (short for vaporizer). Now I just call the whole thing my mod, but tell my husband "Don't pick my mod up by the tank, dammit!"
My daughter will say, "Your vape is on the table."
When I have a new primed coil and it tasted good, I will say "That is a nice vape." calling the vapor and the experience a vape at the same time.

Other words besides vape can be useful so we don't end up using the word "vape" for everything like the old Smurfs cartoon from when I was a kid.
I personally don't care what someone calls it. I know what they mean most of the time.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't actually speak to many local e-cig users so I don't know how strict they are about the language. lol
Most of the people that live nearby speak other languages anyway.

I have called it a vape before (short for vaporizer). Now I just call the whole thing my mod, but tell my husband "Don't pick my mod up by the tank, dammit!"
My daughter will say, "Your vape is on the table."
When I have a new primed coil and it tasted good, I will say "That is a nice vape." calling the vapor and the experience a vape at the same time.

Other words besides vape can be useful so we don't end up using the word "vape" for everything like the old Smurfs cartoon from when I was a kid.
I personally don't care what someone calls it. I know what they mean most of the time.

All this: yep. :D

To my husband, who's been with me for this whole vaping ride, I call it a vape, or a mod, and he knows what I mean. :D

To others, I will say "vaporizer" or "e-cig" or "vape thang." :D It depends on their familiarity with vaping in general. I don't generally say "e-cig" too much though, since it looks nothing at all like a cigarette (box mod plus RDA), and I have a sneaking feeling that it's probably better to distance it from cigarettes, to try and avoid the same prejudices that people have against smoking. Though if anyone asks me why I do it, why I have it, or why I use it, I tell them very loudly "So I don't SMOKE!" I'm much too old to be a hipster, and I sure as hell ain't using it to be COOL, I'm just thrilled to have finally broken a 39-yr addiction that I thought I'd have till it killed me.

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I call it my vape.

As in.................

Honey, do you know where I left my damn vape!

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I call the vapor vape, the outfit my vape machine, the ejuice juice, people that vape vapers, all my vape gear my shit or stuff.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to call it my 'vape' referring to the device. It's easier than 'box mod', 'vape' is a lot like saying 'car' vs 'automobile'. I don't say 'go get my variable wattage box mod from my automobile please'. It would be a lot easier to say 'my vape's in the car'. To each their own, call it Engelbert Humperdinck for all I care so long as it communicates the idea lmao.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I wish that were true Chuck...
My Dad passed away May 2 this year..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Sorry for your loss. My dad passed 23 years ago at the age of 65. I'll be 65 in April. :eek:

VU Sponsors