Can I put CBD juice in any old tank/mod?

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by matts175, Feb 22, 2019.

1. matts175

matts175 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My Wife wanted to start vaping CBD, so yesterday I went and got her a "starter kit" from our local vape shop. It's just the small pen type with a little throw away type tank on it. If she ends up liking this, I want to get her a "real" mod and refillable tank. Would something like this work? https://store.smoktech.com/product/details/stick-v8-baby-kit Or is the gear that you need for CBD completely different?

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    While I personally do not recommend Smok products, but that would work

You can vape CBD in any setup

There is nothing special about these "CBD vape kits" shops are selling, they are mainly old clearos with pens from circa 2014

CaFF likes this.
  3. matts175

matts175 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. Yeah, I was just using that Smok as an example. I'm personally using an Aspire Cleito tank for my nic fix. Had it for 2 years and it's still working perfectly. I'll probably just get her the same, so that we can just buy the same coils.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  4. DaisyMoorebt

DaisyMoorebt New Member

Blog Posts:
    I suggest you become more usual with vaping before trying what you think you are suggesting to do. A box mod is a power source, you need an atomizer the unit that contains the coils and juice to vape. Because of the power of the nicotine in the juice you need an atomizer that has a tight draw.

5. vvapestore

vvapestore VU Vendor VU Vendor New Member

Blog Posts:
    Starter kits like SMOK V8 Stick are not the best choices for CBD vapes, they're a little bit over powered imo. Pod systems and some other cbd dedicated cartridges/kits are better.

6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    As a regular CBD vaper, I highly disagree

Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  7. Faraway

Faraway New Member

Blog Posts:
    Actually it doesn't matter since CBD has no effect. At least not for me. That\s probably the reason why CBD is legal in my and many other country.

May be you have strongly belief into it. I actually expected nothing. And that's what I got. Nothing.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  8. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    CBD comes in many different concentrations, and the addition of terpenes greatly affect how people react (or don't)

Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  9. Faraway

Faraway New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, but I can't vape 1000mg strength cbd. I burns like fire in the throat. Even 250mg isn't enjoyable. Would be kinda weird if terpenes makes the difference.

10. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Terpenes do make a difference for most of us, it's different for everyone

I only had burning when trying CBD derived from a substance we are not allowed to discuss on VU

inspects likes this.
  11. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY- demon VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    My cbd doesn't burn at all. Its smooth n beautiful. Were you vaping a tincture and not cbd e liquid?

JuicyLucy likes this.
  12. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    I personally like vaping my cbd from a rda at a lower wattage than my normal juices. But really you can do it from any mod and atty you choose. Its realy all just preference. I am currently getting my wife a single coil mtl rta to match what she likes as she hates 810 tips and DL hits.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  13. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I agree, buying prefilled pens from 2012 and pods are a serious rip off

inspects likes this.
  14. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Imo where the cbd came from is just as important as the mg strength. With so many companies getting in the cbd rush there are plenty that are not putting quality first. When my cbd supply runs dry i will be adding isolate quality powder to juice i made. So i am in as much control as i can be in all aspects. (Not to mention i prefer diy all around for vape).

15. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My $ .02....I use 100watt (limited) C-Fiber stick with 22mm Avocado, single coil .5 ohm clapton. Except for a few pops it works well. Used it in my Orion and it clogged the coils....

Wb80 likes this.
  16. Bigrick

Bigrick Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I agree it seems like lower watts used the cbd more efficiently. I vape my cbd in a Renova Zero. I just get more out of it at the lower wattages and utilizing the pods for only CBD they last a very very long time. And it is a solid unit.

Wb80 and ajvapes like this.
  17. Bigrick

Bigrick Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    However for me cvd sublingual under the tongue works better in my opinion. It is expensive to begin with and I do not care to waste again just my opinion.

Wb80 likes this.
  18. Ashley vapor

Ashley vapor Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Yes, CBD ejuice also can be put in your old tank, definitely!

19. susieqz

susieqz Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    palmetto says to vape at 24 watts.

20. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I never, ever, ever, ever pay attention to manufacturer's recommended anything, but especially recommended wattage

inspects and ajvapes like this.
  21. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    What about things such as "Do not expose to open flames"....:devil::bomb:

22. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Guess I'm the type that would put a baby in a bucket head first :confused:

Rooster Cogburn, inspects and ajvapes like this.
  23. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    if the bucket fits.....:bliss: