Become a Patron!

Can i use a herakles tank with a robot v mech mod?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure you might even get to look like fuckface here.

ty-5-2.jpg

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He was on a hybrid cap mech with a tank... huge difference.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not familiar with your mod, but it is never a good idea to use a subtank with premade coils on a mechanical device. Look for an RDA or RTA to top your mech. I myself particularly stay away from hybrid mods altogether. A lot of people do enjoy hybrids, and vape safely with them. I think your mod has a top cap, but I still would look for a dripper or rebuildable tank .

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I agree totally. Its just easier to use a dripper (RDA) to be honest. Subtanks for them regulated mods bro.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So why exactly cant you use a mech with a sub tank? I never understood it myself. If the 510 pin is long enough and the coil is the proper resistance then whats the issue? Ive only ever used rdas on my mechs (series and regular) but Id definitely like to try a tank on there.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't recommend it. You really need the ability to make coils to get a mech to work properly.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mech mods are pretty much made exclusively for rebuilding. You syncing your coils to the voltage of the battery. With subohm tanks you really want something where you can adjust the wattage to get the vape you want. Also you can get yourself hurt using prebuilt coils without a mod to verify the ohms of the coil and using the wrong batteries. If you have a complete knowledge of ohms law, voltage, amps, wattage, batteries, etc i STILL wouldnt recommend it. Even most of us builders are using regulated mods nowadays. Just be safe bro and get yourself a regulated mod.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now, First of all, Im NO EXPERT, but Ive pondered the same thing many times. Only difference between a SUb-Tank and an RTA is the premade coil and the resistance its made.

Some Subtanks give you the choice of how low the resistance is, so I would say that as long as the resistance is matched to the battery capabilities, you SHoUD be safe.

I would say as in any mech you should stay above .5 to .8... Many mech users go down to lower, but again, it has to do with what the battery can handle and how often you want to replace your batteries, which will be a lot depending on how low you go.

PS. Im sure there are others out there with much more experience and Im probably wrong... I am a LOT.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to go the opposite route from everyone else and tell you it can be done. Tanks can be used on mech mods (seeing as how I do it all the time, I know it can be done perfectly fine), you just need a mod with a 510, either spring loaded or adjustable (or a long protruding centre pin if you use a hybrid mod, like a SMPL).

The Robot V mech from Kamry has a spring loaded 510, so yes, you can use a tank on this mod. The 510 is even designed so you can use ego threaded clearos on it too.

If you have a quality battery (OEM, with a 20A CDR min.), you can safely vape a tank with coils down to 0.25Ω without worry (although battery life will lessen the lower the coils are).

The main factor to consider is performance. Since most pre-made coils are at set resistances, you can't fine tune them to the battery.
Ex: You have a 0.5Ω ohm coilhead, and a 20A CDR battery fully charged to 4.2V. You put that tank on a mech, and the coil will just draw power straight from the cell (freshly charged will give you roughly 35W to the coil) and get weaker the more you use it, meaning after a few minutes of heavy vaping, the cell could be at 3.6V giving roughly 26W. As you use it more, the performance will steadily drop.
Now you put that same build on a regulated mod, and now you can get a consistent 35W from start to finish of the batteries charge. Furthermore, with a regulated mod, you can push more power through the coils than you can on a mech. the 35W off a fresh charge, may seem weak to some, so I could then bump up the wattage to 50W or whatever you want, and again, have it a consistent 50W/etc. throughout the batteries charge.

So in your particular case, it's not so much a matter of safety, but performance. If you're going to use your Herakles on this mod, make sure you only use the SS or Kanthal coilheads though (and seeing as how they are all .2 or .4, they should run fairly well with this mod).

All of this being said, PLEASE study up on Ohms Law & Battery Safety before using anything on a mech mod, for not only your safety, but everyone elses.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm going to go the opposite route from everyone else and tell you it can be done. Tanks can be used on mech mods (seeing as how I do it all the time, I know it can be done perfectly fine), you just need a mod with a 510, either spring loaded or adjustable (or a long protruding centre pin if you use a hybrid mod, like a SMPL).

The Robot V mech from Kamry has a spring loaded 510, so yes, you can use a tank on this mod. The 510 is even designed so you can use ego threaded clearos on it too.

If you have a quality battery (OEM, with a 20A CDR min.), you can safely vape a tank with coils down to 0.25Ω without worry (although battery life will lessen the lower the coils are).

The main factor to consider is performance. Since most pre-made coils are at set resistances, you can't fine tune them to the battery.
Ex: You have a 0.5Ω ohm coilhead, and a 20A CDR battery fully charged to 4.2V. You put that tank on a mech, and the coil will just draw power straight from the cell (freshly charged will give you roughly 35W to the coil) and get weaker the more you use it, meaning after a few minutes of heavy vaping, the cell could be at 3.6V giving roughly 26W. As you use it more, the performance will steadily drop.
Now you put that same build on a regulated mod, and now you can get a consistent 35W from start to finish of the batteries charge. Furthermore, with a regulated mod, you can push more power through the coils than you can on a mech. the 35W off a fresh charge, may seem weak to some, so I could then bump up the wattage to 50W or whatever you want, and again, have it a consistent 50W/etc. throughout the batteries charge.

So in your particular case, it's not so much a matter of safety, but performance. If you're going to use your Herakles on this mod, make sure you only use the SS or Kanthal coilheads though (and seeing as how they are all .2 or .4, they should run fairly well with this mod).

All of this being said, PLEASE study up on Ohms Law & Battery Safety before using anything on a mech mod, for not only your safety, but everyone elses.
Ditto!

VU Sponsors