Become a Patron!

Can I use a multimeter to check for a short?

Ever since I got a new parallel duel coil build on my Igo w RDA, my button gets hot after a few hits. I have been told it could be a shortage. If that's true, then how could I test to see where the shortage is with a multimeter?
Thanks guys.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi! Welcome to vaping underground....

First off...What is your build? What is your Battery? What is your Mod? It could be a shortage...it could be a dirty button, it could be a bad insulator, it could be a loose post screw, it could be a loose 510 battery screw, it could be a weak spring in your button, it could be a super super low build and the mod is going to get warm after a few hits just from huge current running threw it, it could be a combination of these things, or it could be something else.

You can check your resistance with a multimeter but you need one that carries the decimal to two places at least to check all your leads and need an accurate one (not a super cheap one) to see the difference or the leads are going to read the same unless there is a loose screw or a clipped lead as your ohm checker you screw your atty into to check your resistance of your build. Need a little more info to go on to try and help bud. I am sorry but more info is needed before we can try and help.

VU Sponsors