Become a Patron!

Can I Use My Batteries On My Atty W/O My Mod?

Okay so my mod isnt coming in for probably another week yet but I got my batteries and my charger, my rda is coming in the mail today so I was just wondering if once I get my first build done if I could somehow touch the positive end of the battery onto my atty and touch the negative end with a quarter just so my rda's coils gets hot enough where I can crunch the coils together.

Would this work or short out my battery?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you might burn your fingers.
I would wait

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay so my mod isnt coming in for probably another week yet but I got my batteries and my charger, my rda is coming in the mail today so I was just wondering if once I get my first build done if I could somehow touch the positive end of the battery onto my atty and touch the negative end with a quarter just so my rda's coils gets hot enough where I can crunch the coils together.

Not gonna work and a bad idea. Dont do anything like you are describing. Just wait for your mod. You wont be able to vape on it, so there is no point anyway.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Umm, No. You're just asking Murphy to send a mishap your way. Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wait for your mod to come in, or borrow one. Mods are made for a reason lol

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, it's still a solution LOL. Not necessarily a safe one, but a solution nonetheless!

FinerVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No its not
7250780312_4b9df8f57c.jpg

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years

Please DO NOT DO THIS!
I must assume that this is your first rebuildable device - please take the time to educate yourself on how to build safely. There are plenty of great tutorials on this site, as well as tons of great info on safe vaping. Also, if you haven't already, invest in an ohm meter - BEFORE you do anything else! The $20 ~ spent on one may save you a trip to the ER.

Vape safely - ALWAYS!

eKo Vapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NO!! this reminds me of a guy who came in talking about how he was going to build a mod that you plug in to 110v wall and just use that as the battery. Please don't kill yourselves people. It looks bad for the rest of us.

Http://www.ekovapors.com

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
C'mon guys! I'm not a stick in the mud. I have a (very sick) sense of humor...HOWEVER...

While a question like this may seem quite obvious to many of us, it very well may not be to someone new. We were all new to vaping at one point in time. I feel is is our responsibility to be mentors to the newbies. Let's help others quit smoking and enjoy vaping - in a safe manner. The vaping community is under fire enough. We don't need accidents to endanger us any further.

I understand a few of the posts (and diagrams) were meant to be humorous. But, let's not get anyone hurt.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
let me try and explain this simply... by trying to wire your rda directly to the battery you will not have any cutoff of your rda. and you will also very likely cause a short when you try and connect the wires to your 510. its a very small area to work with and the chance of a short is almost 100%. now lets say in theory you get it wired properly and try to vape on it. the quarter or whatever you use on your negative will likely get hot enough to melt the wrapper on your battery risking another short. this is because the wires will have less resistance wile the quarter is not a very good conductor of electricity and will therefor heat up. or the wires could fuse to the battery and cause a uninterrupted loop violently discharging the battery. if you do this the terrorists win.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With this being his first post, and no replies since - I have to assume this is a troll type post.. Could be wrong, but all signs are pointing towards yes.
Or, maybe he tried it and he now doesn't have internet connection in the hospital he was taken to.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or, maybe he tried it and he now doesn't have internet connection in the hospital he was taken to.

Well at least we will get to see the aftermath photos or injuries at some point.. and then make them into a meme ;)

VU Sponsors