Become a Patron!

Can I use rubber bands as O ring for atomizer?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is quite worn out, I can see little ripped pieces dangling inside the atomizer, still usable.
I have spares that came with it.
Wondering they're just rubber rings, if I buy correct size rubber bands can I just snap em on? or do they have to be specific ones for atomizer.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna ask the plumbing guy at the Home Depot. Yo, can I fix my toilet with rubber bands ?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna ask the plumbing guy at the Home Depot. Yo, can I fix my toilet with rubber bands ?
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but the rubber bands I got with the atomiser have little square patterns with tiny holes in them, not sure if design or for purpose, thats why I asked.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just use the spares and get some more. They are cheap.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would not use them.

I would just use the spares that came with the device in the first place.

Or you can go to an ACE/Truvalue hardware store as they do stock a small selection of O-rings.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but the rubber bands I got with the atomiser have little square patterns with tiny holes in them, not sure if design or for purpose, thats why I asked.
Lol Personally I wouldn't use rubber bands if they even kept the atomizer from leaking. Rubber bands taste terrible.:blech:

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hold the rubber band and the oring over an open flame...the one that catches on fire is the one you do NOT want to use

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One, two, three. Being poor I live frugally. None of the links proceeding are for products over $10 USD. The question becomes then, why would you desire using rubber bands?

Reactions: zui

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose a majority have said it rubber bands are a poor option to use as o-rings on a tank, so moving thread to "what not to do area"

VU Sponsors