Become a Patron!

Can I use the avocado 24 like an RDA?

bklynt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can I use my avocado 24 as a dripper atty? And if so, will it still be as good as if I had filled the tank?

Thanks.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I use my avocado 24 as a dripper atty? And if so, will it still be as good as if I had filled the tank?

Thanks.
I don't see why not. I use my Merlin RDTA like a RDA when I'm lazy and I have no issues. The flavor is great.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drip on the coil like you do on an RDA instead of filling the tank. You don't get the reservoir like on an RDA so you would need to be dripping very often.

Ok. I guess if you didn't have an RDA it would be worth doing. Thanks.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. I guess if you didn't have an RDA it would be worth doing. Thanks.
Yeah it's not convenient to do. I usually only ever use my Merlin RDTA as an RDA is when I want to test out a juice but my tank is full. I would still rather suggest getting a proper RDA as the performance is more superior and more convenient.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drip on the coil like you do on an RDA instead of filling the tank. You don't get the reservoir like on an RDA so you would need to be dripping very often.
Not all RDA have any reservoir or juice wells..... many have niether just a flat deck..... the wick holds the excess juice.

Also why did you think it's called a DRIPtip?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks.
Sure why not... there are tons of people who use it and think they are using a genny...I don't see why could couldn't block the wick holes and call it a dripper...you know we used to call these attys self feeding drippers....calling it a "genisis style" was just a marketing ploy.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure why not... there are tons of people who use it and think they are using a genny...I don't see why could couldn't block the wick holes and call it a dripper...you know we used to call these attys self feeding drippers....calling it a "genisis style" was just a marketing ploy.

The Auto Drippers..........

Yeah The Vaping Alphabet and dictionary needs to be standardized. Lines have been blurry between the Uages of RBA, RDTA, RDA and RTA since we graduated from Cartomizers. Hell I still get caught on what is really meant by MICRO vs MACRO sometimes it refers to the size of a coil (when i started vaping) sometimes whether its spaced or contact. The more vaping advances the more the language changes and blurs

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see why it would be any different. An rda has an easily removable top cap with posts, coils and may or may not have a substantial deck/well to hold excess juice. The wick holds the juice to the coil and the coil turns it to vapor. On the avocado there's just a really deep well below the deck. Either way juice is introduced to the wick which carries it to the coil which turn it to vapor.

Heating juice is the desired goal, the wick is just there to keep it in touch with the coil. How the wick remains wet doesn't really matter for flavor, it doesn't change the coil layout, how far the coil is from the tip, the shape of the chamber or anything else. Flavor shouldn't change.

A car is a good example, it sprays a mist of fuel to the intake to be burnt and allow the combustion for the motor to run. Usually that fuel is provided via a tank with a pump so you don't have to constantly feed fuel manually to the engine. If you spray starter fluid into the intake in metered bursts a car will continue to run.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can even use many tanks as RDAs: remove the glass and vape directly from the chimney :) I do that every once in a while when I'm nice and cozy on the sofa, the tank has run dry and I can't be bothered to get on my feet and fetch another mod. I only use rebuildables though: I don't know if it's doable with pre-built coils, but I don't see why not...

VU Sponsors