Become a Patron!

Can I use this battery?

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can I use this with the scraped plastic wrap?

Can i wrap some electrical tape around it for safety and feel relatively secure?

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 25

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Doing some research online, it looks like if I'm going to scratch the wrapping on a battery then this is the best place to do it. At the top sucks. In the middle is great (relatively) because it's simple to just wrap electrical tape around it and the chances of it falling off are slim.

Not sure how the scratch was made, but will be checking my mod to see if there's anything in there that could have agitated it.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks - I've been looking at these as they sound like a good solution.

I'm just glad that this scratch came in the middle. At the top there's no way that I could reliably tape it up.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I got some sleeves and everything is great...but the paper that goes over the positive end somehow disappeared. I've looked everywhere. Can I just use a piece of small cardboard or is there some special magic power within this simple ring of paper?

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It just drives me batty that this thing disappeared. I had it on there in the sleeve and somehow between my desk and the bathroom (for the hair dryer) it fell off. It's about 8 feet away!!

VU Sponsors