Become a Patron!

Can I Use Vanilla Mod without Delrin in Bottom?

UnrequitedAndrology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to replace the bottom button and have everything back in place but the delrin. Is it safe without?

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it would be a good idea to use your mod without the delrin insulator. Could cause a short.

UnrequitedAndrology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
but its at the bottom, not the top.... If the whole mod is the negative and the bottom pin touches other metal even with the insulator, then I don't see how it would cause a short.

Many thanks

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't either. But my thinking is that it is there for a reason. If it was a non issue to have one there or not have one there then I don't think they would be there. But it is there and that leads me to believe that there is a good reason for it being there.
I could be totally wrong in my assumption though. I certainly do not know all that I should know about the workings of mechs. I need to though since I'm a mech user. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of the purpose for the delrin will chime in and learn me something.
I just want you to be safe is all.:)

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It wouldn't cause a shot it would just cause an auto fire situation because the bottom pin is making direct contact with the battery.

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you use it without the bottom insulator, it can and probably will autofire. The delrin is the only thing that keeps the battery from closing the circuit on the negative pin.

VU Sponsors