Become a Patron!

Can someone recommend a MTL tank + mod for 80vg+ juice?

krikey

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have the Triton Mini and I love it. Has much better airflow (perfect I should say) than my old Nautilus mini from years ago. However I found out through this wonderful informative forum =D that this atomizer isn't good for max VG e-liquids. I hate that I'm basically restricted to 65%vg/35%pg or below and would like to have a second setup for the higher VG liquids (80+).

So yeah, like the title says, I'm basically searching for a MTL setup with a similar airflow to Triton mini that can handle the higher VG liquids. Money is no object. Flavor is the most important thing for me. Anyone care to give some good recommendations. This noob needs some help =D

edit: From my small amount of research the Nautilus X seemed to fit the bill but then saw that it's 2.99 for a coil..maybe some type of RBA where I build my own coils is the best option..

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of different tanks out there for building....I learned on the serpent mini
Here is a tutorial/video

At least that will get you started on what those types of tanks are all about.

As far as the type mod you want for it, again many many are out there....I'd suggest a regulated that is at least 75-100 W type. Hope that helps a little.
Others no doubt will help with their thoughts on it as well.:wave:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like a MTL draw, myself and have really enjoyed the flavor from the Aromamizer Supreme RDTA. Though most that use this tank enjoy a DL draw and higher VG, I'm able to close off the airflow quite a bit! There's the option of getting the plug (separate purchase) so that you can build it as a single coil, or just build it as a dual coil. I've vaped it both ways, and the flavor is outstanding. There is also the Aromamizer Supreme Lite, which comes with the plug.

Another that I enjoy is the Goblin Mini v3. This one is definitely a more restricted airflow, but both can be closed down to suit your draw preference.

Both tanks have the velocity build deck, which is SUPER easy to build on and they both have enough space for some of the larger builds that people like to use for their coils, and no leaking. I've never gone above a 3mm ID for a coil, and it fits with room to grow.

krikey

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the recommendations guys but I decided to go with the Siren based on these 2 reviews.

Thanks again for all the help. It allowed me to research a little better knowing what you guys are using / have used. Loving this great forum. Cheers!

Edit: If anyone decides to get the Siren make sure it has the air diffuser part. This is a key part that makes this tank so great for MTL. WIthout it, your draw is going to be way more on the airy side. I've seen multiple bad reviews from people that never received this diffuser part with their order. Verify with the company it includes it before you buy. I even saw one reviewer say how the diffuser was in the picture on the sale's page but he never received the actual diffuser. That website was myfreedomsmokes.com so be careful. I buy coils from them at a great price but I wouldn't get the Siren from them after seeing his review. The red arrow points to the air diffuser. It's a little tiny piece of metal with holes in it, that screws into the top of shown item. It can be removed for a more airy vape. Bottom line - Make sure you have this piece!

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the recommendations guys but I decided to go with the Siren based on these 2 reviews.

Thanks again for all the help. It allowed me to research a little better knowing what you guys are using / have used. Loving this great forum. Cheers!
I hear REALLY good things about that one, so I hope you enjoy :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if flavor is the most important thing for you, and you want a MTL atty...get a genisis atomizer and some ss mesh.

krikey

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just reviewed the new Ijoy Elf. It's a pretty legit MTL tank but it only takes factory coils. I use it with my Vaporesso Tarot Nano. Here's my review.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/316803/

Thanks for sharing! Few questions though. If I missed this info in your review I apologize. Can it handle 80+ vg juice easily (probably a dumb question considering the title of this thread but I figured it doesn't hurt to verify)? What vg/pg ratio do you like using with it? How long do the coils normally last you?

VU Sponsors