1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Can the Recurve fit 30gx4/40 quad core fused clapton?

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by frogzx, Jul 6, 2018.

1. frogzx

frogzx New Member

Blog Posts:
    Or should I go for the 28x4/36? I've heard really good things about the 30gx4/40 from AVS and have a Recurve on the way, but am not sure if the posts are big enough? Just want to make sure before buying some.

2. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I have one and have run both .. both fit just fine.
    If running on a Mech the 30x4 is an instant ramp up; whereas the 28x4 May take a second.
    But to answer your question directly - both for fine

frogzx likes this.
  3. frogzx

frogzx New Member

Blog Posts:
    Awesome, thanks! And one more question I just realized I needed to ask, how flexible is the minimum ohm resistance on most regulated mods? Am getting a Pulse 80w and was originally going to do 6 wraps for a 3.5mm coil of the 30x4/40, but that comes out to .319 and it seems the Pulse has a .3 ohm minimum limit, so would that still be fair game? Or should I do one less wrap or make it 3.0 with the same wraps so it is in the .2 ohm range? Might be a better place to ask but it is technically coil related.

4. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I don’t have a pulse so maybe someone can give you a better answer.
    Seems to me though that if: the minimum resistance to run the mod is a 0.3; and, 0.319 is greater than 0.3; than, you should be good.

As to flexibility of regulated mods, it varies.
    Evolv will fire a screwdriver, squid won’t fire below a .1, yihi varies between temp control and straight wattage.
    I don’t know Enough about the Vandy board to speak.

5. frogzx

frogzx New Member

Blog Posts:
    I might have been inaccurate with my question. It says it fires between 0.05 and 0.3, so I assumed 0.319 would be too high. Maybe I still just don't understand how to count ohms.

6. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The biggest I have ran in my 2 recurves from AVS are TRIPLE CORE FUSED CLAPTON 316L SS - 28GX3/36G / 3MM / 5 wrap ~0.25 ohm

Glad to hear I should be able to run the QUAD CORE FUSED CLAPTON COILS 316L SS 28GX4/36G / 3.0MM at 5 or 6 wraps

f1r3b1rd likes this.
  7. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I think it fires .05-3.0 ohms just like the gene chip it was reverse engineered from

Vape Fan and f1r3b1rd like this.
  8. frogzx

frogzx New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh my god I feel so stupid, I read it as .3 orz

f1r3b1rd likes this.