Can we stop using the term "E-Cig"

Discussion in 'What are electronic cigarettes?' started by punishedprimate, Dec 8, 2014.

1. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    It most certainly does matter what we call it. Language creates reality. The reality is many countries are extremely hostile towards cigarettes. By using the term, vaping is automatically thought to be the same as cigarettes. Many things have been ill-named at one time. History is full of examples of things becoming acceptable once the name has been changed, usually to better point out the positive aspects. The fact is a vape mod has nothing to do with cigarettes and smoking. Yes, it does contain nicotine, but so don't tomatoes. Would you equate tomatoes with cigarettes?

If we wish to see vaping continue without it being either taken over or gutted out, then we need to be proactive. Like everything in the world, we need to make changes where and whenever we can. For the average individual, this can be educating any person you can who thinks vaping is equivalent to smoking. I do it whenever I can. We all should.

2. NineNine

NineNine New Member

Blog Posts:
    Agree 100%. no matter what it is called, just enjoy vaping.

3. David Wolf

David Wolf Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Um no. Just no. Haha

4. David Wolf

David Wolf Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    :D
    But why "personal" vaping device? To distinguish it from a group vaping device? Or an impersonal one? :rolleyes:
    I call the thing "my mod" or "my vape", generic terms unless I'm using my pod mod then it's well, my pod mod. :D