Become a Patron!

Can you bring a vape on an international flight?

so I'm going to Jamaica soon and I want to bring my vape in my checked luggage. Does anyone know if that's allowed or has anyone done it? Pls help soon I'm leaving in less than a week!

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I know Tyger brought a bunch of vape gear from Canada in her checked luggage - when she came to the USA.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems I heard something about a ban on a type of battery on planes....I think it was the liion battery but I cannot remember for sure. I just remember saying oh that sucks.....best thing to do is call the airline as they all have their own rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope this helps

Its a canadian report on the US.

Looks like they finally banned usage on flights, however you need to carry it with you onto the flight.

"
Passengers are allowed to carry e-cigarettes with them onto planes, but are not allowed to charge their batteries during flight.

The Federal Aviation Administration also prohibits passengers from packing e-cigarettes in their checked luggage under an interim final regulation adopted last year by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, which is part of the Transportation Department."

Source: http://www.citynews.ca/2016/03/02/u...nning-use-of-e-cigarettes-on-airline-flights/

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was touch and go a couple years ago. Some people were getting their stuff confiscated in confusion over a ban on imports of e-cigs, and whether or not it applied to personal use of tourists. That ban on imports has since been lifted, and so there should be no more confusion at the border regarding tourists bringing in their own for personal use. As someone else mentioned, it MUST be in your carry on, not in checked luggage. Also, make sure your liquids are in containers of 180ml or less (3oz) and in a closed baggie. You should be good to go.

VU Sponsors