Become a Patron!

Can you diminish the nicotine?

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
I mostly vape for flavor so 0 nic is my go to. However I have a few 3 nic 100mls that a vape shop told me “they’re basically 0, you can’t taste it”

Well.. obviously I can. I did eventually buy the same flavors in 0 and have been mixing them but is it possible to lessen the nicotine flavor by steeping/breathing for longer periods of time (longer than the recommended 12 hours) or would that diminish the overall flavor of the juice?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Air and time will diminish the nicotine affect... but will likely increase its flavor... if you want less nic dosage the easiest way is to just dilute the nic content.

Add enough PG VG or Zero nic juice to the bottle you can bring the effective nic level down to near zero... by dilution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can dilute it with more of the same 0mg juice to keep your flavor, but the nicotine is in there once it's in there, can't take it out. If you dilute with just VG/PG you're also diluting your flavor.
Diluting 30ml of 3mg with 30ml of 0mg will cut the nicotine down to 1,5mg. Another 30ml of 0mg will cut it down to .75mg, and so on and so forth. It would end up being a pretty big bottle of juice to cut it back to being undetectable.

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys,

I will go with the mixing of 0 of the same juice. I guess if you’re use to nicotine that it would “be like a zero” but it definitely wasn’t like a 0 for me lol

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
Really! If you've never had a valium before, it won't be unnoticeable if you take one. You'd definitely notice even a small amount of nicotine if you don't smoke or vape juice containing nic. Those guys at your shop are ill-informed. o_O

Unfortunately that’s every shop in my city. We have about 5 vape stores and they’re either so far behind in the latest gear or they only know how to sell you a vape pen and take juice off the shelf.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately that’s every shop in my city. We have about 5 vape stores and they’re either so far behind in the latest gear or they only know how to sell you a vape pen and take juice off the shelf.
And that's wrong. In my opinion, vape shops should be run like pharmacies, there should always be at least one person there who is qualified to answer questions and advise, not just full of a bunch of cashiers and salespeople.

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
I’ve been in one of our local shops and overheard the guy behind the counter trying to sell this kid a mechanical tube mod for his first vape. I feel like there should be some type of qualifications required. But any old joe shmo can sell gear

VU Sponsors