Become a Patron!

Can you help?

Ellamarie

Member For 1 Year
I introduced my 87-year-old mother to vaping recently (she moved into an assisted living facility that doesn't allow smoking).

I bought her a Sourin Drop which worked for a while, but she broke the micro USB port because of clumsy hands. She also broke the second one I bought her....

I know there are units that have batteries that can be popped in and out and charged separately which I think may work better for her. She can leave the charger plugged in and not have to mess with cords.

I'm also hoping to find one that either doesn't have any variable settings at all, or one that the buttons won't get in her way that she would accidentally push and change the settings. I live half an hour away from her, and I don't want to have to keep going over there to reset her damn e cig. Plus, since she can't fathom that she would ever mistakenly push a button she hadn't intended on pushing, she will blame the button pushing on some *spirit energy* that's messing with her (she blames spirits for changing the settings on her computer all the time).

Not joking...................................

Also, the tank needs to be easy to fill and not have screw threads.

I myself have a Neo from Mig Vapor - no settings or buttons except for the firing button. I would buy her one of those if it weren't for the permanent battery / micro USB. Does any such beast exist?

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU, Good luck in finding the right vape for your mother. Thats pretty awesome of you.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might look at the MyJet POD System because it has magnetic charge ports so nothing to break there. Only thing was they are POD's and you would have to fill them for her and only a few uses. Sorry I can't be of more help and Good Luck~!

Ellamarie

Member For 1 Year
Might look at the MyJet POD System because it has magnetic charge ports so nothing to break there. Only thing was they are POD's and you would have to fill them for her and only a few uses. Sorry I can't be of more help and Good Luck~!

I will look into it -- many thanks!!! I already fill her Sourin Drop cartridges (I do several at a time to last until I visit next), so that's no problem at all.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I love my mom like crazy and would do anything to make her happy.

I am sure someone will have a suggestion that works for you~! Good Luck

I love both my Mom and Dad and because he never had vaping to help quit smoking I now maintain his oxygen supply so he can go to the Doctors or just outside to sit on the porch. Years from now you will look back and feel lucky you had things to do for them as payback for what they did for you~! Salute~!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
if you find something that works out, let me know. I am still seeking the one my wife will like. So far all of the ones we have tried are a no go.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if you find something that works out, let me know. I am still seeking the one my wife will like. So far all of the ones we have tried are a no go.

These are the MOD my GF has been using for years now but now it is a Top Fill

series-s17-colours_1.jpg

https://www.jacvapour.com/s17-tf-kit

Ellamarie

Member For 1 Year
I am sure someone will have a suggestion that works for you~! Good Luck

I love both my Mom and Dad and because he never had vaping to help quit smoking I now maintain his oxygen supply so he can go to the Doctors or just outside to sit on the porch. Years from now you will look back and feel lucky you had things to do for them as payback for what they did for you~! Salute~!

I don't have to wait until years into the future to feel lucky -- I feel lucky Now. I gratefully help her with anything and everything. <3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have to wait until years into the future to feel lucky -- I feel lucky Now. I gratefully help her with anything and everything. <3

Same here and I always say there is no need to thank me for what I do that is why I am here to do for you like you did for me~! I know how you feel and is is how they say Blessed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That may work. I am going to check that out. Thanks Steve.

Only issue is they are in the UK but shipping isn't bad and they have sales like right now. If my GF is happy then I am pretty sure your wife will like it. They don't have the Hot Pink any more though!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also JAC Vapour has awesome customer support if you have one of the rare problems. GF had one of her batteries go bad and they shipped a new one after like 2 emails.

VU Sponsors