Become a Patron!

Can you tell me if this mods are parallel box mods or not

I have a question for the Quad mod from VHO and the Abaddon mod from El Diablo PH so my question is that do this mod are parallel box mods or not, do they double the amperage or amps of the batteries?????

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You should build your coils considering that the 2 batteries are actually 1 1/2 of what the amp rating on the pair is.
So if you have 30 amp cells then two in parallel can safely put out 45 amps.

Both parallel according to these videos...
Okay thank you I have been thinking all week if this mods are parallel or not I did not want to make assumptions because I am just a noob and wanted to hear that they are parallel whoo you saved me from going crazy for thinking that these arent parallel box mods

You should build your coils considering that the 2 batteries are actually 1 1/2 of what the amp rating on the pair is.
It doesnt double? But can you like push it beyond 45 if its a lower ohm coil?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It doesnt double? But can you like push it beyond 45 if its a lower ohm coil?
It doubles in theory, but in actuality you have loss in the system. Taking only half of that second battery is a good "rule of thumb" in that we can be quite sure it's not going to knock out over half of the additional amperage, while beyond that you start to question what the loss in the system actually is.

Can you push it... well... yes... but it's a question of do you want to risk it, just like pushing a battery in general. 45amps will let you get down to .1Ω, if you need beyond that it'd be worth looking into a triple parallel mod or a quality regulated mod. That or at least do yourself a favor and get the best batteries you can like the LG HB series.

It doubles in theory, but in actuality you have loss in the system. Taking only half of that second battery is a good "rule of thumb" in that we can be quite sure it's not going to knock out over half of the additional amperage, while beyond that you start to question what the loss in the system actually is.

Can you push it... well... yes... but it's a question of do you want to risk it, just like pushing a battery in general. 45amps will let you get down to .1Ω, if you need beyond that it'd be worth looking into a triple parallel mod or a quality regulated mod. That or at least do yourself a favor and get the best batteries you can like the LG HB series.
I have seen moochs battery chart and the batteries that is only available right now here in the ph is the LG hg2s and the samsung 25rs which one would you recommend and can you push these 2 batteries at 30 amps?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
25rs are a 20amp cell, now, they are more than a 20 amp but not quite a 25amp so consider them a 20+ amp cell. However they're also the second most "underrated"battery in that they are one of the safest batteries to push. I wouldn't recommend it, but I've run them in a build that had them pushing 30 amps and had no issues... I wouldn't go further and the vape wasn't enjoyable because I was constantly concerned but being the crazy that I am I wanted to see. Anyways, the other battery that's more "underrated" is the 30q which has been proven to be a 20amp even though they're factory rating is 15amp. Anyways...

If you wanted to use Samsung 25rs or LG HG2s easily the 25rs. However I'd look into ordering online, yes you'll have to wait a few days, but you can get a pair of legit solid LG HB batteries from liionwholesale or illumn for something like ~$15 shipped. That's totally worthwhile when you're considering your safety. The samsungs I wouldn't recommend pushing past 25amp ratings, which means in parallel you're talking 37ish amps or a limit of ~.12Ω, which still leaves you with great options like 24g fused claptons in a good velocity style deck, or even 26gX3 aliens. Plenty of good builds that will knock your socks off that won't be blowing you out of your socks :p.

Anyways, I'm not your mom and I'm not going to tell you what you can/can't do. But if you're going to push factory CDRs Samsungs are the safest bet, and then for 30amp pushing LG HB series. Everything else I'd hold to their factory ratings. Everything else you're going deep into the danger zone, and even with those you're entering it.
ec699c7ecf558a6cb9f5e6ef2f3ba3b2.jpg

25rs are a 20amp cell, now, they are more than a 20 amp but not quite a 25amp so consider them a 20+ amp cell. However they're also the second most "underrated"battery in that they are one of the safest batteries to push. I wouldn't recommend it, but I've run them in a build that had them pushing 30 amps and had no issues... I wouldn't go further and the vape wasn't enjoyable because I was constantly concerned but being the crazy that I am I wanted to see. Anyways, the other battery that's more "underrated" is the 30q which has been proven to be a 20amp even though they're factory rating is 15amp. Anyways...

If you wanted to use Samsung 25rs or LG HG2s easily the 25rs. However I'd look into ordering online, yes you'll have to wait a few days, but you can get a pair of legit solid LG HB batteries from liionwholesale or illumn for something like ~$15 shipped. That's totally worthwhile when you're considering your safety. The samsungs I wouldn't recommend pushing past 25amp ratings, which means in parallel you're talking 37ish amps or a limit of ~.12Ω, which still leaves you with great options like 24g fused claptons in a good velocity style deck, or even 26gX3 aliens. Plenty of good builds that will knock your socks off that won't be blowing you out of your socks :p.

Anyways, I'm not your mom and I'm not going to tell you what you can/can't do. But if you're going to push factory CDRs Samsungs are the safest bet, and then for 30amp pushing LG HB series. Everything else I'd hold to their factory ratings. Everything else you're going deep into the danger zone, and even with those you're entering it.
ec699c7ecf558a6cb9f5e6ef2f3ba3b2.jpg
Which one would you recommend in the LG HB series and the help is greatly appreciate and thank you for writing that just to warn me and the community here is great.

tomdon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which one would you recommend in the LG HB series and the help is greatly appreciate and thank you for writing that just to warn me and the community here is great.

I use the lg he4 exclusively. Super solid 20 amp cdr batteries. I also have 2 pairs of lg hb2 for when I wanna get real low on my mechs. I can say the hb2 are pretty damn safe. I dont have experience with the h4 or hb6 but they are supposed to be super good too and slightly better at high amps

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Samsung 25r, sony vtc4 or the lg HB2 or 6 and resist tard ohming it. Below the .1 you are dead shorting it... it goes from vape to boom faster than you can react.
Keep them above the theoretical amp load and you should be fine.
Do not build on pulse that is no magic step down unicorn.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
According to Mooches chart the HB2 looks the safest but from what I've read the HB6 is the one that runs the coolest at 30amps, so one of those. Though I'd still stick to .12Ω builds as you can make excellent ones and it's safer. The only reason I'd ever go below that is if I had some of the crazy framed staple builds that people like raymo2u and crazychef from the coil area make, but then I'd probably use a triple parallel box or high quality regulated. The more headroom you give the safer and all that.

Yellowhorse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

1 1/2 ??? Dead wrong. Two batteries that are rated at 30 amps 'continuous use' connected in parallel will safely provide 60 amps (30a x 2). Same for 10a, 20a...etc. The bigger question is whether the devices/contacts/switches or coils will fail under that load. Parallel battery configurations combine the amperage (always) but not the voltage. Serial battery configurations combine the voltage (always) but not the amperage. Basic Electrical Engineering 101.

rickycal78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1 1/2 ??? Dead wrong. Two batteries that are rated at 30 amps 'continuous use' connected in parallel will safely provide 60 amps (30a x 2). Same for 10a, 20a...etc. The bigger question is whether the devices/contacts/switches or coils will fail under that load. Parallel battery configurations combine the amperage (always) but not the voltage. Serial battery configurations combine the voltage (always) but not the amperage. Basic Electrical Engineering 101.

You should note that was already pointed out. The reasoning behind that is that even though you can double the amount of current the mod can handle when building in parallel, you still want to have that margin of safety where you aren't on the edge of what the batteries can handle. There's also the question of whether or not the switch can handle the load, but that's why the majority of people making unregulated box mods use MOSFETS to handle the current when firing the mod. Add to that the fact that a lot of shady battery vendors out there advertise the battery's "pulse" rating instead of their continuous rating so people think they're getting a battery that can handle 30 amps continuous when it's only rated at 20 or 25 continuous. Using the 1 1/2 multiplier rule of thumb helps keep the newb vaper in a safety zone until they get a better handle on what they're doing.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should note that was already pointed out. The reasoning behind that is that even though you can double the amount of current the mod can handle when building in parallel, you still want to have that margin of safety where you aren't on the edge of what the batteries can handle. There's also the question of whether or not the switch can handle the load, but that's why the majority of people making unregulated box mods use MOSFETS to handle the current when firing the mod. Add to that the fact that a lot of shady battery vendors out there advertise the battery's "pulse" rating instead of their continuous rating so people think they're getting a battery that can handle 30 amps continuous when it's only rated at 20 or 25 continuous. Using the 1 1/2 multiplier rule of thumb helps keep the newb vaper in a safety zone until they get a better handle on what they're doing.
This, it's an overly cautious rule of thumb meant for people asking questions because they haven't taken the time to learn the answers themselves.

VU Sponsors