Become a Patron!

Cana 30 watt & 25 mm Subtank

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my Cana today and put 22 mm ring adapter on 25mm subtank. Looks nice actually but I have a 0.5 ohm head in and set at 7 watts it's a hot vape! Not bad as long as I don't chain vape. My Nautilus tanks seem good in the 9 to 12 watt area and My Lemo's and Kayfun's seem to be OK at normal wattage. Possibly adapter issue? Anyone else having this issue?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the 25mm subtank on my hana and I don't bother with the beauty ring, it doesn't hang over the sides of the box, so see no need to use that ring.

I vape mine at 22watts and can get a bit warm if chain vaping, but nothing major though.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I can use without adapter if I raise pin but I am getting a real hot vape at 7 watts! With or without adapter and making sure theres space for airflow. I usually run this tank at 15 to 18 watts on other devices. All my other tanks work fine at my normal wattage's on Cana. Tried 2 subtanks with same results.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apparently DNA30 boards can not down step voltage below 4v. If your running the .5 ohm coil in the atlantis or Subtank the cloupor dna 30 wont fire it with a regulated wattage setting. It will just bypass the chip and use the voltage from the battery.

This makes sense to me because anything over 0.8 is ok but best at 1 ohm or above. My other devices will step down and fire. .5 is too warm for me on my mechs so that is the problem. I can pump the wattage up to 20 or more watts and it's no hotter than when I set at 7 watts. No biggie because I can use 1.2 kanger occ coils just fine.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me clear up above post a bit. If I set to 20 to 30 watts then dna30 will regulate. Too warm for my taste. I normally run .5 occ coils about 16 watts on my other devices. If you go lower than 4v the dna30 goes into mech mode. Direct from battery. Still too warm. Not a biggie, I have many devices that step down and I only have 2 packs of .5. Have 6 packs of 1.2 that run great at 15 watts on cana. OK, on to the next problem....lol

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not really a straight mech mode. It dumps some voltage. On mine for example with a .8 coil a 7w, using an inline meter, 3.6v. That increases in very broad strokes to 3.8v as wattage is raised until it quits blinking and begins to regulate accurately at 4v. Those numbers will vary with different resistances. A plus for the DNA40 vs the 20 and 30 is that, temperature control aside, it does buck regulated voltage. So when you do want a lower setting you can get it.

Last edited:

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Correct Lefty. I just wasn't sure how to explain it but you did perfectly. ;)

VU Sponsors