Become a Patron!

Cana dna wiring different to sheet

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, so I took apart a fasttech hana and I've found it's wired different to the diagrams (shown in the picture) that come with the fasttech dna. It's the same board however. So can anyone tell me why it's wired this way? Also, there are no wires connected to the board where the diagram indicates connecting the battery input. Look how the negative wire is soldered across those components. What are they? Are they just alternative inputs. On the otherside they say L and R. The black negative is wired to R. I'd like to add, if I chose not to wire a USB charging board would this be wired a different way?

image.jpg

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, so I took apart a fasttech hana and I've found it's wired different to the diagrams (shown in the picture) that come with the fasttech dna. It's the same board however. So can anyone tell me why it's wired this way? Also, there are no wires connected to the board where the diagram indicates connecting the battery input. Look how the negative wire is soldered across those components. What are they? Are they just alternative inputs. On the otherside they say L and R. The black negative is wired to R. I'd like to add, if I chose not to wire a USB charging board would this be wired a different way?

View attachment 1637
Where'd you get the diagram from? The Coupon, Ft and Evolv versions of the board are different. I'm thinking you have the wrong diagram... I'm not aware of changes to the chip itself other than firmware.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Firstly the sake of discussion I'll call them 'Canas'. The cana which I stripped which you see there is from fasttech. The diagram is what's supplied in the box of the dna from fasttech. Both the board in the fasttech cana and and the stand alone dna boards are identical and have the same numbers on the board and chips. Same goes for the USB charge board.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I mean in Cana box DNA and stand alone dna, both from fasttech

image.jpg

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Firstly the sake of discussion I'll call them 'Canas'. The cana which I stripped which you see there is from fasttech. The diagram is what's supplied in the box of the dna from fasttech. Both the board in the fasttech cana and and the stand alone dna boards are identical and have the same numbers on the board and chips. Same goes for the USB charge board.
This is what I mean in Cana box DNA and stand alone dna, both from fasttech

View attachment 1641
OK I understand now. I'd personally follow the diagram. It certainly is wired different on the pre-assembled version...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes you're right. I'll follow the diagram. I was tempted to wire one board the same way just to see what happens but having thought about it it's pointless really. I just thought it was a very strange way that it's wired

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looking at this -----did someone say I want it to look different , or i don't know what I'm doing , lets try this . But I'm always suspicious .

Jonothon Forsgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I can see in the pics it looks like they skipped the PCB hole for the wire and soldered directly to the component. It will work all the same but I imagine the connection (in terms of durability) isn't as reliable. Stuffed in the cana box though probably won't make a difference. I personally wouldn't solder it the way they did.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I can see in the pics it looks like they skipped the PCB hole for the wire and soldered directly to the component. It will work all the same but I imagine the connection (in terms of durability) isn't as reliable. Stuffed in the cana box though probably won't make a difference. I personally wouldn't solder it the way they did.
I had to take another apart today and it was wired different i.e. wired to the holes. So I guess different factory maybe?

Venting_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 1637
Thanks for posting. After dealing with an authentic over the past days all I can understand is that is a rig job of a clone. I have many "why" questions on their design. Oh well. Always wanted to see what they were doing.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for posting. After dealing with an authentic over the past days all I can understand is that is a rig job of a clone. I have many "why" questions on their design. Oh well. Always wanted to see what they were doing.
I've bought a lot from fasttech and there are many slight differences between them, wiring is one of them. The only thing I've found to be uniform is the wire gauges

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is it possible that the negative is attached to both terminal in order to protect the board from accidental short circuit if wires come loose and accidentaly hit the open terminal? Or maybe that they solder to both terminals to discourage add ons to the board?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow thats some heavy duty wire lol.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is it possible that the negative is attached to both terminal in order to protect the board from accidental short circuit if wires come loose and accidentaly hit the open terminal? Or maybe that they solder to both terminals to discourage add ons to the board?
Just saw this. Well I think it's what @Jonothon Forsgren said. I wouldn't attempt it though. But the proper terminals are so frigging close that it's quicker that way. It's the only cana I've got that's wired that way

VU Sponsors