Become a Patron!

Cana modz issue. Please help!

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally got my cana in and low and behold I already have a problem. I got the Cloupor version from elev8vape. It will not go into stealth mode, lock mode works fine and I followed directions. I tried it with the both atty on and off. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
AFAIK having an atty attached or not makes no difference. You just put it in lock mode then press and hold the power and down button. It should show Normal Mode after a few seconds. Continuing to hold them for four or five seconds after Normal Mode appears should change the display to Stealth Mode. Same thing to switch back. Releasing either button interrupts the sequence so hold until Stealth Mode shows. If that isn't working you have a problem.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I'm afraid I have a problem. I really don't want to send it back after I've waited 3 weeks to receive it.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
CookieMonster... few things are as disappointing and frustrating as receiving something you've been anxiously anticipating and finding that it is not working properly. I feel your pain. However, you paid for a working device and should receive one, even if it means waiting a bit longer. I encourage you to contact elev8vape and try to resolve the issue with them. Perhaps they can even help you troubleshoot the problem. If your device is in fact malfunctioning, there may be other problems with it that could be safety concerns. If you're certain that you're using it correctly and it isn't doing what it's supposed to, it's better to have to send it back and await a replacement than remain disappointed or risk further trouble. I hope you're able to resolve it as quickly as possible.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya. I just emailed them and told them what's going on. As much as it pains me I will send it back. Hopefully they can help me troubleshoot it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes people don't wait long enough for the stealth mode to activate or try and do it in sleep mode. After putting it in lock mode and waiting a few seconds for it to dim you have to hold it down for a long time depending on the chip. My fasttech dna only takes 7 seconds but the one I have by Evolv takes at least 12 seconds.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've waited at least 20 seconds

Ya I'm guessing you've tried everything and all poss combinations. Annoying isn't it when people suggest everything you tried a hundred times haha. Well is it really that important to have stealth mode?

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's what I'm debating. It only bothers me when I'm driving to work in the dark.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, sorry. Well you could call them or shoot an email and say what you've said here - that you're apprehensive to send it back because you waited so long. And ask if they can expediate your situation. You've got nothing to lose by asking.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I emailed them. We'll see how it goes. I'm just glad I didn't put my wrap on it yet.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry you are having to deal with this.

Hopefully they will deal with this quickly for you.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok guys, I'm an idiot. I admit when I'm wrong even though it pains me to say this. I was locking the wattage adjustment, I wasn't putting it in lock mode, that's why it wouldn't go into stealth mode. My bad...

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, at least you didn't send it back before you found out. Mine had the no display issue. It would fire but no display at all even when locking or unlocking. I left the battery out overnight and it still wouldn't. Had it boxed up ready to send back for a couple of days. Before I sealed it up to ship I tried one more time. Lit right up with default settings. Just took that long for the memory to clear. Not a bit of trouble since. I shudder to think of them opening it up popping a battery in and thinking "What's up with this idiot?". If you've got it sorted it's all good.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea lefty it could have been worse. But good tip about leaving the battery out. I'll try that if I have any issues.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I would have read this post earlier. Mine has the same problem but that's not the biggie my voltage button won't work. After a glorious 2 weeks. Guess what fluid vapes.com pretty much said sorry for yeah. We have a 7 day warranty. We'll I'm fucked. But yeah mine would never go into stealth mode either, send it back before it breaks.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@st_andrew would you feel confident to change the button? I personally have never liked the fire button on these. There are far better buttons out there, even if you have to drill a slightly bigger hole I think it's worth it anyway

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if it's the button or chip yet. I was about to buy another one for my girlfriend. Now I don't know what to buy. I want something that is higher watts and has adjustable wattage ( with screen) that is gonna last more than 2/3 weeks. If it is a problem with the button, do you know of any places to get new ones? I was really liking my dna clone too. I just wish it was bullet proof like the MVP I have.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if it's the button or chip yet. I was about to buy another one for my girlfriend. Now I don't know what to buy. I want something that is higher watts and has adjustable wattage ( with screen) that is gonna last more than 2/3 weeks. If it is a problem with the button, do you know of any places to get new ones? I was really liking my dna clone too. I just wish it was bullet proof like the MVP I have.

Dome Tactile Switch
This is the switch http://tiny.cc/cwdwix

But first see if your hana fires properly by pressing the button in the middle of the board itself.
As you're in the US you could have a look on madvapes for something different http://www.madvapes.com/diy-parts/switches.html
Or you could have a look through this ebay link and post back here for members thoughts and opinions if you're unsure http://tiny.cc/b1dwix

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I would have read this post earlier. Mine has the same problem but that's not the biggie my voltage button won't work. After a glorious 2 weeks. Guess what fluid vapes.com pretty much said sorry for yeah. We have a 7 day warranty. We'll I'm fucked. But yeah mine would never go into stealth mode either, send it back before it breaks.

Man thats bullshit , i would be pissed . 7 day warranty = no thanks .

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought cloupor offered a 3 month warranty. Now I know fluid vapes don't stand behind what they sell. At bought over 150$ worth a stuff from them at a single time. I tried to just get a percentage off the next dna clone some the other one lasted about 2 weeks. They said no, not even 5 percent off.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought cloupor offered a 3 month warranty. Now I know fluid vapes don't stand behind what they sell. At bought over 150$ worth a stuff from them at a single time. I tried to just get a percentage off the next dna clone some the other one lasted about 2 weeks. They said no, not even 5 percent off.
File a dispute with your credit card company. 7 day warranty is total bullshit.
This type of vendor is what truly pisses me off. Vendors like these are more than happy to take your money. But they don't want to stand behind what they sell.

Last edited:

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine isn't malfunctioning. It goes into stealth mode fine, that was user error on my part. I got mine for elev8vape and from what I've heard they stand behind what they sell. No point in sending it back.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice to see Elve8 stands behind what they sell.

You know if its a Cloupor, it has a 90 day warranty, right? Through Cloupor...says so at the bottom of the instructions

keithvi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regarding Clone warranty, I recently had to return a 1st gen clone from WetVapes and was 2 months into a 90 day warranty. Wetvapes paid for return shipping and shipped my replacement 3rd gen the day after receiving my return.

Just saying,

VU Sponsors