Become a Patron!

Canker soar/Cold soar/Burn?

Jgoon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone I'm just about over a week into vaping again. A few days ago I was getting hot juice and vapor on my lip and tounge. I made a few adjustments and now I'm not the vapor is fine but I have been feeling like my lips are chapped. So last night my lip was hurting I thought it was a burn from the day before so I put a little chap stick on it and within a few hours it blistered up and looks a lot like a canker soar. So my question is...are canker soars a common problem with vaping is it normal for that to happen as well as chapped lips?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always mix at 40/60. I had mixed at 35/65 and after a day of vaping I developed a cold sore on the inside edge of my right nostril. I went to 40/60 and it went away. I tried the 35/65 and it came back. VG is a humectant and as I exhale through my nose often, it was drying out my nostrils...I assume. So, nothing above 60 vg is fine with me.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been vaping for 5 years. I've never heard anyone else say they are getting cold/canker sores from vaping. However, it's spring... they are very common this time of year.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I've heard of this happening to people who are sensitive to PG..this and worse.you might want to drasticlly lower your PG intake for awhile and see what happens.

Jgoon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for all the input its greatly appreciated! OK now I figured out that I just burned my lip it was not a cold sore but I still do get irritated gums when I vape and also I get dehydrated. I just take vitamins and make sure to drink plenty of water. I will not give up on vaping yet. The burning I get is from my tank at first when I got my new alien there was almost like a break in period because now I don't have the problems I was having with it but I did just buy a skyhook rdta box and I'm having the same issues but they are starting to diminish so I'm hoping it is just a break in period...thnx again for all the input

Jgoon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ya the problems that I'm having is the burning at first it was a mix of juice n cape being too hot but now its just the juice will gargle and pop in my mouth/lip and burn me. Since I burned my lip pretty bad as soon as I hear gurgling I pull away and let it cool down n wipe any juice on top of deck so I'm not getting severe burns but still hurts for a lil while and it scares the hell out of me when it pops.

JimboConn

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always mix at 40/60. I had mixed at 35/65 and after a day of vaping I developed a cold sore on the inside edge of my right nostril. I went to 40/60 and it went away. I tried the 35/65 and it came back. VG is a humectant and as I exhale through my nose often, it was drying out my nostrils...I assume. So, nothing above 60 vg is fine with me.

Wierd I just started vaping 1 week ago and I have a little sore on the inside of my nostril and the corner of my mouth..My biggest problem now that is breaking my heart cuz I don't want to go back to cigs is constant ear popping when I vape..No I'm not sucking like crazy light hits it can't be a pressure thing WTF is it the chemicals and will it ever stop?...Will the cold sore things stop?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When you quit smoking, your body goes through a transition of detox, all kinds of weird shit can happen. Stay hydrated - meaning water, not sodas. With the ear popping, that one's new to me. Hopefully, someone with that experience will pop in.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drink A lot of water everyday it is very important .

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

CrazyCatLady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not a doctor, but I can speak from my personal experience. I've experienced the ear popping and occasional canker sores, as well as other strange symptoms. What worked for me was lowering my pg level to 30% and avoiding juices with my known allergens (dairy & coconut). My recommendation, see a doctor and get allergy tested (including food allergies). In the mean time, change your e-juice and drink plenty of water to help flush your system. If you think it's an allergic reaction, take an otc allergy medication (however, you must be off allergy meds for a few days before being allergy tested).

Before you ask, yes you can develop allergies later in life. I only found out about mine 5 years ago. Also, my body can't distinguish between natural and artificial vaping flavors, so any e-fluid with milk, cream, or coconut flavorings, gives me an allergic reaction. I also have to be careful about which vg is used.

I know others have said to see a doctor, I agree, but if they can't find a medical reason, get allergy tested. If I hadn't known about my allergies, I would have given up on vaping and be back to smoking cigarettes.

VU Sponsors