Become a Patron!

Can't decide.....

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for some input to maybe help me decide what to do......i want to upgrade my mod. I'm thinking DNA. The Asmodus Oni 167 and the Lost Vape Therion 166 both have caught my eye. I always figure the more information you have when making a decision, the better. Thanks!! Happy Weekend!!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since your interested in a DNA250 (167) mod you should also consider Hcigar VT167.

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me know if you're interested in a therion DNA166. I have 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love them. And got carried away and had 4 at one point lol. I started selling them off I'm keeping 1. I also have a DNA200 dotmod dotbox. There really is a difference with a DNA chip.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The DNA is worth it if you use TC. It also is greatly enhanced by the availability of eScribe software. eScribe only runs on PC, so if you're a Mac user you'll need Bootcamp or some type of VM to run it. I have several, and love them. I also only build in SS, so everything I run on them is in TC mode. There is no big advantage to a DNA mod if you're a watt only vaper.

Reactions: DX9

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since your interested in a DNA250 (167) mod you should also consider Hcigar VT167.
Second that. I'll also add the Vaporshark DNA250. Anything over 22mm will over hang so that's usual a deal breaker for most but I love mine.

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
I have a Lost Vape Halcyon which I'm pretty sure is pretty much a Therion with a squonker. That was the mid that brought the "have to have that one's" to a screeching halt. I rarely use anything else including another DNA200 Panzer. Big fan!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Therion is a kick ass mod. I own a black therion with carbon fiber inlays and white snakeskin door. Its one of my favorite dna mods. And for the price you cant beat it. Of course i have dna mods i like more but they cost 4 times as much. Im actually thinking of getting a second one i love them so much. I think its a good first dna mod. I know youll love it. There is a thread on here dedicated to it. Check it out. Here is some pics of mine....

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Therion is a kick ass mod. I own a black therion with carbon fiber inlays and white snakeskin door. Its one of my favorite dna mods. And for the price you cant beat it. Of course i have dna mods i like more but they cost 4 times as much. Im actually thinking of getting a second one i love them so much. I think its a good first dna mod. I know youll love it. There is a thread on here dedicated to it. Check it out. Here is some pics of mine....

Nice!! I ordered the black with all carbon fiber. I already plan on getting some extra battery doors and do some matchy matchy...

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Therion I had already had the drip tip and had put it away a while ago then realized it matched.
ae083cd5d0e71cc8c25615f2eff51a06.jpg

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing can compare to TC on the DNA. When I bought my Therion last month it made me finally quit smoking. I was always still smoking a bit while vaping in wattage mode on lower end Mods. Would try TC on those and it wasn't good etc. So I continued to smoke and vape in Wattage.

After looking at a thread about the Therion posted by Wingsfan (Steve) I was looking at how nice this Mod is. I was like damn this is like $200-$225 CDN for a mod.

I said screw it and took the plunge. Loaded Steve's Ecig file and did some SS316 coils and went right into TC. That was the end of my cigarettes. Haven't even taken a puff of a smoke since I got the Therion. I was so happy that after a few weeks I decided to buy another in Black
fc574a8fd27aeebc51034ffb3558ef47.jpg

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nothing can compare to TC on the DNA. When I bought my Therion last month it made me finally quit smoking. I was always still smoking a bit while vaping in wattage mode on lower end Mods. Would try TC on those and it wasn't good etc. So I continued to smoke and vape in Wattage.

After looking at a thread about the Therion posted by Wingsfan (Steve) I was looking at how nice this Mod is. I was like damn this is like $200-$225 CDN for a mod.

I said screw it and took the plunge. Loaded Steve's Ecig file and did some SS316 coils and went right into TC. That was the end of my cigarettes. Haven't even taken a puff of a smoke since I got the Therion. I was so happy that after a few weeks I decided to buy another in Black
fc574a8fd27aeebc51034ffb3558ef47.jpg
Have you tried an FSK? Personally I prefer the FSK for TC but love both of them for sure. 65 bucks for a G2 is a steal at half the price of the therion/finder
I have 3 G2s, 2 Slices, a finder 167, a triad 250, a VT133, and I just ordered the Therion 167 with orange snake door

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried an FSK? Personally I prefer the FSK for TC but love both of them for sure. 65 bucks for a G2 is a steal at half the price of the therion/finder
I have 3 G2s, 2 Slices, a finder 167, a triad 250, a VT133, and I just ordered the Therion 167 with orange snake door

Honestly I am quite content with my Therion. If I got any of those Hohm Slice mods etc it will just sit there. Even if it is much cheaper it won't be used. I have an Alien Mod that was bought only a couple weeks before I got my Therion and it just sits there doing squat. The Black Framed Therion 166 is the best looking Mod on the market in my opinion. When I loaded Steve's Ecig file the day after I got my Therion I already could tell a difference from out of the box to Steve's Ecig file. Having an amazing vape experience in TC with a DNA and having great quality in the hand it's a winner to me.

I love the DNA250 chip. Only Mod I feel safe charging my batteries in and it has 2A charging. Only time I won't use my Therion is when I go in my hot tub. That's the only time my Smok Alien comes out

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Honestly I am quite content with my Therion. If I got any of those Hohm Slice mods etc it will just sit there. Even if it is much cheaper it won't be used. I have an Alien Mod that was bought only a couple weeks before I got my Therion and it just sits there doing squat. The Black Framed Therion 166 is the best looking Mod on the market in my opinion. When I loaded Steve's Ecig file the day after I got my Therion I already could tell a difference from out of the box to Steve's Ecig file. Having an amazing vape experience in TC with a DNA and having great quality in the hand it's a winner to me.

I love the DNA250 chip. Only Mod I feel safe charging my batteries in and it has 2A charging. Only time I won't use my Therion is when I go in my hot tub. That's the only time my Smok Alien comes out
I agree the DNA gives an amazing TC experience. The therion is one hell of a looker too. I just ordered the black frame orange snake door one myself. I love the finder 167 as well. Both are really sexy mods. I was just saying preference wise, the G2 in TC mode has been the best for me. I like to compare them all. The alien is decent at best for TC not on par with the DNA and FSK mods. I also ordered the Yihi G class as well to compare with the FSK and DNA.
So i guess my main point was, it's worth a try getting an FSK if you are a TC vapor. maybe it'll sit there, or maybe you'll be surprised and use it alot. I know when I go for temp control, most of the time i reach for my G2 or slice. Plus it's nice that i can TC any wire with it so i can run kenthal and premade kenthal coils and temp control them for a smooth vape and longer coil life

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I agree the DNA gives an amazing TC experience. The therion is one hell of a looker too. I just ordered the black frame orange snake door one myself. I love the finder 167 as well. Both are really sexy mods. I was just saying preference wise, the G2 in TC mode has been the best for me. I like to compare them all. The alien is decent at best for TC not on par with the DNA and FSK mods. I also ordered the Yihi G class as well to compare with the FSK and DNA.
So i guess my main point was, it's worth a try getting an FSK if you are a TC vapor. maybe it'll sit there, or maybe you'll be surprised and use it alot. I know when I go for temp control, most of the time i reach for my G2 or slice. Plus it's nice that i can TC any wire with it so i can run kenthal and premade kenthal coils and temp control them for a smooth vape and longer coil life
Compared to Evolv chips and the G2, the TC on the G Class is crap. I returned mine after a week. Looks nice, feels nice in the hand, didn't perform worth a damn though.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Compared to Evolv chips and the G2, the TC on the G Class is crap. I returned mine after a week. Looks nice, feels nice in the hand, didn't perform worth a damn though.
Dam not feeling good about the 200+ i just dropped LMAO. still it'll make a good review and it is a looker

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. What about it was crap? I'm not questioning your judgement just curious..

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the problem with the G2 is the looks. No matter how good the tc is, i cant get past the looks. And thats a no go for me. I want my mod to perform but also look good. I think thats the reason alot of people are turned away from the G2. I would buy a Slice but i dont like single battery mods. They need to drop an FSK in a dual 18650 mod that looks sexy. I bet alot more people would give that chip a shot....

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think the problem with the G2 is the looks. No matter how good the tc is, i cant get past the looks. And thats a no go for me. I want my mod to perform but also look good. I think thats the reason alot of people are turned away from the G2. I would buy a Slice but i dont like single battery mods. They need to drop an FSK in a dual 18650 mod that looks sexy. I bet alot more people would give that chip a shot....
I agree for sure. I'd love an fsk chip in a finder or therion body

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Interesting. What about it was crap? I'm not questioning your judgement just curious..
To be more specific, crap for the way I vape.

I use large spaced coils which require high wattage for a quick ramp up. The G class won't provide enough power in TC(though it will in power mode. ??) to ramp up as quickly as I prefer on many of my builds, and when it does reach temp it pulsates.

I know that it'd be smoother with the power lowered, but that'd lengthen the ramp up even more. With the Evolv chips or the G2 I can get more power for ramp up, and no matter how high it's set it's still smooth once it hits temp.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
To be more specific, crap for the way I vape.

I use large spaced coils which require high wattage for a quick ramp up. The G class won't provide enough power in TC(though it will in power mode. ??) to ramp up as quickly as I prefer on many of my builds, and when it does reach temp it pulsates.

I know that it'd be smoother with the power lowered, but that'd lengthen the ramp up even more. With the Evolv chips or the G2 I can get more power for ramp up, and no matter how high it's set it's still smooth once it hits temp.
maybe it just needs something adjusted?

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
maybe it just needs something adjusted?
It's possible I missed something, but there's not much to adjust on it. The TC wasn't the only problem I had with it, I just mentioned it in response to your comment about comparing it to the other chips. I'm not gonna start bashing the thing, it just wasn't for me. A lot of people love it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's possible I missed something, but there's not much to adjust on it. The TC wasn't the only problem I had with it, I just mentioned it in response to your comment about comparing it to the other chips. I'm not gonna start bashing the thing, it just wasn't for me. A lot of people love it.
I understand. i don't have mine yet. it's on pre order, i just know it's a complicated and not very user friendly chip. IIRC there is ambient temp settings and you have to lock resistance but i'm not 100% on thaay

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

That is just sick! Love the snakeskin look! I really want a Therion, but I just can't justify the $$ right now. One of these days I'll get my hands on one though!

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

de7da589429d858381c893754df1cae7.jpg
Mine came in the mail yesterday!! So pumped!!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is just sick! Love the snakeskin look! I really want a Therion, but I just can't justify the $$ right now. One of these days I'll get my hands on one though!
Its worth the price IMHO. For a dna250 its actually priced at a very reasonable price. I am thinking of getting a second. They are that nice. You cant really appreciate the beauty in pictures. The snakeskin is just straight sexy.
de7da589429d858381c893754df1cae7.jpg
Mine came in the mail yesterday!! So pumped!!
Nice, have been looking at that exact one on wnyvapes. I like the cf on cf look. Congrats. Enjoy.
I've been trying to find that carbon door

Try wnyvapes, i seen them on there...

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This DNA noob has a question ....i just got the mod yesterday. I also ordered a bunch of ss316l stuff to do TC, but it hasn't come in the mail yet. To Do just power/wattage mode.....hold down + & -, then double click one of those to choose my profiles, and I chose power/wattage mode. Is that all there is to doing power/wattage mode? Or is there more to it? Are there ajustments/changes you can make like in temp control also? I have no clue what I'm doing, and maybe it's all in my head....but this velocity v2 rda seems to be vaping better on this DNA than on my other mods.....lol

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This DNA noob has a question ....i just got the mod yesterday. I also ordered a bunch of ss316l stuff to do TC, but it hasn't come in the mail yet. To Do just power/wattage mode.....hold down + & -, then double click one of those to choose my profiles, and I chose power/wattage mode. Is that all there is to doing power/wattage mode? Or is there more to it? Are there ajustments/changes you can make like in temp control also? I have no clue what I'm doing, and maybe it's all in my head....but this velocity v2 rda seems to be vaping better on this DNA than on my other mods.....lol

No, you can use it like any other wattage power mod.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
In power/wattage mode, the only real adjustments you can make are to increase or decrease the watts.

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In power/wattage mode, the only real adjustments you can make are to increase or decrease the watts.
Cool. Ok. Just making sure there wasn't a pre heat, or curve function. Or if I needed to lock my resistance ....ty

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Cool. Ok. Just making sure there wasn't a pre heat, or curve function. Or if I needed to lock my resistance ....ty

As an aside, locking the resistance on a DNA mod in TC mode is something you typically avoid. The board keeps updating and refining the resistance while in use.

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've been using this LV Therion 166 for a few days. Just moved and Wi-Fi gets hooked up tomorrow afternoon. So I've been using power wattage mode most of the time. Then my goon 24 rda came in the mail. I put some ss316l Claptons in it. And tried the ss316 preset profile.......i have a lot to learn and to do once on escribe.. But I notice such a better vape already!! This mod is sleek and sexy. I cant wait to open her up and really see what she's got....definitely a big upgrade from my other mods. I want another one.....but silver this time....

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS I'll probably buy a third cause Steve got another lol. In all seriousness it's the best Mod by far that I have ever owned. I'll probably buy a third. Just don't know what cover yet. Thanks Steve lol

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
PS I'll probably buy a third cause Steve got another lol. In all seriousness it's the best Mod by far that I have ever owned. I'll probably buy a third. Just don't know what cover yet. Thanks Steve lol
Yeah, DNA Steve ... aka @Wingsfan0310 ... really knows his stuff when it comes to DNA mods. If he recommends it, then it must be good. Sadly, as much as I want a Therion, it looks like it just isn't in the cards until I can find one on sale, so it will probably be around Black Friday this year before I can even consider it (unless I get really lucky before then).

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ae083cd5d0e71cc8c25615f2eff51a06.jpg
Yeah, DNA Steve ... aka @Wingsfan0310 ... really knows his stuff when it comes to DNA mods. If he recommends it, then it must be good. Sadly, as much as I want a Therion, it looks like it just isn't in the cards until I can find one on sale, so it will probably be around Black Friday this year before I can even consider it (unless I get really lucky before then).

What are you looking to spend on a new Therion DNA166? or a 2 week old Therion DNA166?

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1471.JPG IMG_1470.JPG Also if you're just looking for dna250 I have the Triade and a vapor shark both new never fired.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
View attachment 75998 View attachment 75999 View attachment 76000 Also if you're just looking for dna250 I have the Triade and a vapor shark both new never fired.
Hey @dclopez6600 , I have the Triad 200, and other than the finish flaking off of it, I LOVE it. In fact, I'm vaping it as I type this. I'm not a fan, however, of the Vapor Sharks, never did really care for them, I don't really even have a reason other than they never really appealed to me.

As for the Therion, there is no way I could afford one at my current budget. I would have to be around $75 absolute max, and that isn't realistic, so I'll be waiting a bit.

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @dclopez6600 , I have the Triad 200, and other than the finish flaking off of it, I LOVE it. In fact, I'm vaping it as I type this. I'm not a fan, however, of the Vapor Sharks, never did really care for them, I don't really even have a reason other than they never really appealed to me.

As for the Therion, there is no way I could afford one at my current budget. I would have to be around $75 absolute max, and that isn't realistic, so I'll be waiting a bit.

That's a little low, I wish I could help you out.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I hate to sound like a dumb shit but what is a "G2"? I've searched for it on Vapecrawler and can only find tanks. Can you help a brother out here?

Thanks!

Michael

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I hate to sound like a dumb shit but what is a "G2"? I've searched for it on Vapecrawler and can only find tanks. Can you help a brother out here?

Thanks!

Michael
Hohmtech Hohmwrecker G2 (171 watts dual 18650)
vaporcube.com sells them and they are 50% off with coupon code G2FLASHx1
they also have the hohmslice, same functions but smaller single 26650 batt mod and a 101 watt limit for 30 bucks for the SE with code sliceprice

VU Sponsors