Become a Patron!

Can't figure it out

drewdrew104

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, I'm a pretty new vaper, though no matter what I try nothing seems to work with me. It seems like everything has to be completely perfect, the coils, the vape you use, the juice, the head. I can't afford to keep trying to buy stuff only to figure out it doesn't make my experience any better. I'm not even sure what a good vape is supposed to taste like to be honest, but so far nothing has really been enjoyable. I just have an eGo aio right now but it had good reviews and said it was a great tasting vape, though I wasn't very impressed. Considering buying a kanger sub box mini because that's what seems like one of the most popular ones, but if it doesn't work out I'd probably just quit because I'd be throwing so much money at what seems to be a lost cause.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sub box mini is one of my favorite devices. I own 5 of them. I don't know where your juice is from or if you are making your own, but you may want to try some different juice from other vendors. The juice itself can definitely make or break your setup.

drewdrew104

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sub box mini is one of my favorite devices. I own 5 of them. I don't know where your juice is from or if you are making your own, but you may want to try some different juice from other vendors. The juice itself can definitely make or break your setup.
What's the best way to tell if a coil is burnt? I mean sometimes it tastes like my vape has a dry taste, but it's not like it burns my throat or anything. I'm thinking that could be a factor too, but the coil is like 3-4 days old so I wouldn't know why it'd be burnt.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the AIO to use as a stealth device and it's not very good in my opinion, CountryP has the experience that If she said she has 5 of those Kanger setups and is happy then I'd take that to bank. The Kanger can go much higher watts and the tank is so much better than what you have now that I'm sure you'll see a world of difference. Don't give up before you find that right device to get you off cigs, it all starts with the mod and tank!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
imho
first you should find a flavor that you can enjoy without focusing to strongly on getting it to taste like a regular cigarette.
in terms of mod suggestion I will agree with Pami the kanger line are a nice device.
as per coil it all bears down to what you want out of your device low wattage and long battery life go 1.0 ohms or higher and a mouth to lung tank with restrictive air flow which could help with flavor.
f your after large clouds then go .5 ohms and lower, higher wattage shorter battery life. and high vg juice but flavor can be muted with this set up.

your coil and power can affect taste but also visual experience.
your juice if it taste bad one way it most likely will taste bad all ways.

the lower in ohms you go the shorter your battery life in general due to needing more wattage to provide the vape.

New mixer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, I'm a pretty new vaper, though no matter what I try nothing seems to work with me. It seems like everything has to be completely perfect, the coils, the vape you use, the juice, the head. I can't afford to keep trying to buy stuff only to figure out it doesn't make my experience any better. I'm not even sure what a good vape is supposed to taste like to be honest, but so far nothing has really been enjoyable. I just have an eGo aio right now but it had good reviews and said it was a great tasting vape, though I wasn't very impressed. Considering buying a kanger sub box mini because that's what seems like one of the most popular ones, but if it doesn't work out I'd probably just quit because I'd be throwing so much money at what seems to be a lost cause.
I would suggest getting a koopor mini2 or koopor plus( with a smoktvf8 cloud beast) is a brilliant set up and also my favourite set up

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I agree with Pami- Eliquids will be the most important thing! Awful tasting juice will make or break your success too. I quit a 30+ year cig habit by using Mistic Bridge kits from Walgreens! They are small, like a cigarette and you can use the cartridges(prefilled buy separately) and fill the Bridge tank with eliquid. These tasted the most like a cig to me. Haus Liquid American Tobacco and Cool Ice was not sweet and syrupy, 24 nic really took the edge off for me. I used these for months- then bought the ELeaf 20w with the ELeaf GSAir tank and used both the Mistic and the 20w for months.
Mistic for my cig cravings and the ELeaf for different eliquid flavors like fruits,candy and bakery.
I have had many horrible tasting eliquids, but my Mistic/ Haus liquids always seemed to satisfy me. If you are looking for an exact cigarette taste, that is not going to happen, this is when you need willpower.
Your coils should not be burning out within a few days either, not primed right, or chain vaping or too sweet or dark of an eliquid will burn them out.
I have no experience with the AIO, but have read great reviews on it- my hubby likes the ELeaf Basic kit, he can throw this in his pocket and it gets him through his work day.
http://www.rockymountainvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=100_105&products_id=475
if you use the code president it will take 25% off . I use this company all the time- very fast shipping.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What's the best way to tell if a coil is burnt? I mean sometimes it tastes like my vape has a dry taste, but it's not like it burns my throat or anything. I'm thinking that could be a factor too, but the coil is like 3-4 days old so I wouldn't know why it'd be burnt.
Depending on the coil and the juice coils can last anywhere from a couple days to a couple months. My rule of thumb... when it don't taste good anymore, I change it. It's also important that you are staying within the wattage designated for that particular coil. Anything higher will make it taste burnt.
Also, the cubis coils (This is what is in your AIO) are known for being temperamental. Sometimes they burn, sometimes they gurgle.

drewdrew104

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depending on the coil and the juice coils can last anywhere from a couple days to a couple months. My rule of thumb... when it don't taste good anymore, I change it. It's also important that you are staying within the wattage designated for that particular coil. Anything higher will make it taste burnt.
Also, the cubis coils (This is what is in your AIO) are known for being temperamental. Sometimes they burn, sometimes they gurgle.
One issue I have is nothing ever really tasted right for me, so it's hard to know if it's my coil that's having an issue or if it's just the juice. So if it was burnt even slightly it would be pretty hard for me to tell

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One issue I have is nothing ever really tasted right for me, so it's hard to know if it's my coil that's having an issue or if it's just the juice. So if it was burnt even slightly it would be pretty hard for me to tell
well in the first 6 months without lighting up your taste buds will improve you may need to go with a thinner higher pg juice and a mouth to lung vape style for the best flavor so long as you're getting an enjoyable vape hold out things will improve

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
How long have you been vaping? What are the eliquids you are using?
What coil are you using?
I am reading some people are liking the 0.5Ω coil better than the stock 0.6Ω- not sure if the 0.5Ω could be better as I don't use the AIO, looks like a really nice device for beginners!
The coils look like you can use the Cubis ss coils?
https://101vape.com/replacement-coils/946-cubis-replacement-atomizer-heads-5-pack-by-joyetech.html
Maybe the 0.5Ω don't taste burnt? Try other coils, before buying a new device. Maybe above Ω like the 1.0Ω or the 1.5Ω these will not burn so hot and not taste burned or funny and cool the vape down.
Maybe the 0.6 coils are too hot a vape for you?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors