Become a Patron!

Can't find a flavor I like

er5reni

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I have been vaping for 5 weeks now and cannot find a flavor that I like besides the one that I have vaped from the beginning (Blueberry Jam Monster), I have tried probably 40 different flavors. Has anyone else experienced this or knows someone that has? I need to find at least a few other flavors, if only as back-ups. Thank You, Eric

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Why? I haven't bought ejuice in way over a year; no earthly idea what's out there... and most of the bought juices I tried, I didn't like either, they just had zero taste to me. That's one reason I started dabbling with DIY, to see if I could do better -- which I did, using 30% flavor. Which everyone still freaks out about, even though it's now down to 26%.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why? I haven't bought ejuice in way over a year; no earthly idea what's out there... and most of the bought juices I tried, I didn't like either, they just had zero taste to me. That's one reason I started dabbling with DIY, to see if I could do better -- which I did, using 30% flavor. Which everyone still freaks out about, even though it's now down to 26%.

Andria

I meant as far as having one flavor you like. :) Sorry, I should have been more specific.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I meant as far as having one flavor you like. :) Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Ah, now I get it. Yeah I've vaped the same thing since December 2014.... with only a couple of small breaks; both times when I was ill and my nose went haywire and my usual strawberry & cream didn't smell good to me at all.

And it did take a while to find flavors I liked, when I first started; I couldn't really start vaping regularly at all till I found MFS' Virginia which tasted like my Virginia Slims. I vaped NOTHING but that for about the first 4-5 months; frankly I thought the idea of "smoking food" was more than a little strange. Until I tried some Blueberry Muffin flavored ejuice, and that changed MY tune immediately. :D

I've decreased the flavoring in my strawberry & cream, which I've vaped *almost* exclusively since Dec 2014, from 31% to 26%, as my tastebuds have slowly awakened from their 39 yr coma.. but it's still the same basic taste. I can't really find any reason to do all this flavor-jumping that everyone else seems to do; it would totally defeat the "familiar and comforting" aspect of vaping, which is just a carryover from smoking the same brand of cigarettes for 30+ yrs.

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the same problem. I started the same time as a colleague. We were buying a bunch of juices from different companies. This guy can vape shoe leather, nothing bothered him while I was repulsed by everything, including some highly touted juices.

The solution is to start making your own juice. It's easier than most think and so rewarding. I have so much good juice now it's almost embarrassing. There are some phenomenal mixers on these forums, look in the DIY section. Find a few recipes that appeal to you, buy the stuff, mix it and you're good to go. I strongly recommend HIC for two reasons. First, his recipes are just all over the spectrum so you're bound to hit on ones you like. Second, almost all of his recipes are good to vape after 2-7 days, imo. When I first started mixing I was making recipes that needed weeks and that just sucked. I wish I had started with his (is HIC a man? I don't know). Once you have plenty on hand, then you can make the custards and creams which need time.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
welcome to the club...some people can vape shit juice, most people do...just as most people eat shit food. and smack their lips..I love food, and I realized to eat the level of cooking and quality of food I enjoyed I had two choices...1) I could get a proffesion that paid me boatloads of money so that I could eat at expensive restaurants daily, live in a cosmopolitian city where only such restauants are or 2) I could learn how to be a great cook......I choose the latter.....learn to DIY..once you do you never look back

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stick with what you like
If blueberry jam keep out of smoking stinkies, then keep vaping blue berry jam monster.. ITS REALLY GOOD BTW don't complicate vaping Eric...

I
Yep lots of people only vape 1 e-liquid.Like Dmitri (VapinGreek) has vaped the same dang thing for what 6 - 8 years now?

krikey

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, the same problem. I started the same time as a colleague. We were buying a bunch of juices from different companies. This guy can vape shoe leather, nothing bothered him while I was repulsed by everything, including some highly touted juices.

The solution is to start making your own juice. It's easier than most think and so rewarding. I have so much good juice now it's almost embarrassing. There are some phenomenal mixers on these forums, look in the DIY section. Find a few recipes that appeal to you, buy the stuff, mix it and you're good to go. I strongly recommend HIC for two reasons. First, his recipes are just all over the spectrum so you're bound to hit on ones you like. Second, almost all of his recipes are good to vape after 2-7 days, imo. When I first started mixing I was making recipes that needed weeks and that just sucked. I wish I had started with his (is HIC a man? I don't know). Once you have plenty on hand, then you can make the custards and creams which need time.

New member here. Thanks for sharing this info. Even though I've seen many recommendations for DIY I wasn't sure which juices to even begin messing with. Because of this post I found out about HIC (Headinclouds). I plan to take on DIY soon and follow your advice of at least starting with his recipes. Thanks so much.

For those interested: http://www.hicsmixes.com/

He recommends to try out his free public ones in the DIY recipe section to see if you like his style first.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New member here. Thanks for sharing this info. Even though I've seen many recommendations for DIY I wasn't sure which juices to even begin messing with. Because of this post I found out about HIC (Headinclouds). I plan to take on DIY soon and follow your advice of at least starting with his recipes. Thanks so much.

He recommends to try out his free public ones in the DIY recipe section to see if you like his style first.
You found a perfect source for fantastic recipes....!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Squonk is another member to check out.

VU Sponsors