Become a Patron!

Can't get a lot of vapor from my new mech mod.

Hi guys, hope you all have a great day. This is my first time posting things here. I just got into mech mod recently, and I'm pretty sure how to vape safe. Here is the thing, I bought a VGOD mech mod and a rig mod V3, using the goon rda with 22ga nichrome reading at 0.15 ohms, and I'm using the LG HB6 pink version. My question is, I can't get much vapor from my both mech mod when using a fully charged batteries. I'm pretty sure I clean the pins and all that, but every time I vape, I got a little amount of vapor and cool vapes, sometimes I didn't even feel I'm vaping. But when I use the goon rda in my regulated box mod, even 65 watts is getting much more vapors. Any thought guys? Thanks a lot.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like connection issues, check your switch and contacts.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked, they are connecting good, and both contacts are clean and nice. Still can't figure out.
I still would focus on connection issue, everything from not being clean to not making a snug connection. With a 0.15 build on a single battery Mech is over 90W. Look for the simple things like the 510 pin making a solid connection.

is the build kanthal? If so, try Ni80. 2 coils of 26g ni80 parallel 6 wraps, should to 0.17-0.2 and should make a decent amount of vapor and fast ramp up :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
check to see if your coils are touching metal anywhere.and that your coils are screwed down tight.

merlin7734

Member For 4 Years
I had a similar issue with a clone Hades 26650 mod. I had to adjust the 510 pin so that it was making a strong connection to both the top of the battery AND the RDA's pin.

ETA: it is not the material of your coil. I get good vape from kanthal and only .5ohm with my mechs, except the Hades prior to tuning the connection. Same RDA on a coolfire regulated and a Panzer mech blew clouds around the Hades before I figured it out.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you are using 22 gauge wire? that is a LOT of metal....my guess is your heat up time is super slow. try building with a smaller diameter wire (24 is the largest I go on unregulated, usually 26).

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
It's the batteries more so than the build. I vape 20g and 22g nichrome on all of my smpl hybrid mods usually .10 to .15 ohm range, and the hb6 is the weakest hitting battery in a single 18650 mech mod. A single hb6 has quite a bit of voltage drop compared to vtc4s of vtc5s. I usually use hd2c's or vtc4's for low ohm builds and they hit a lot harder than the 1500mah batteries even though they are rated for 30a cont.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the vgod mod, 24mm hybrid tube?
The switch will unscrew with use and make a bad contact with the battery negative. I have to take it off and screw down the switch once a day with heavy use.

And I'm still working out my preference with mech mods but have found 24 ga 316 3mm id in a simple wrap to be my best vape day in and day out. I get lots of vapor on my Goon, running close to .3 ohm

VU Sponsors