Become a Patron!

Can't get good flavor with a bunch of RDAs.

For a while now I've been trying a bunch of BF RDAs with single coil options, and so far I can't get good/any flavor out of any of them. I've got a hadlay clone with a BF pin that I love, but it doesn't get the biggest hits. Currently my favorite RDA is the OBS cheetah with a single twisted coil in between the posts, but this doesn't have a BF pin.

RDAs I'm struggling with:

* Peerless Special Addition

* Goon 22

* Velocity Clone

I ran all of these with a single coil, the peerless/goon claim single coil support and I've heard about people running them with single coils but I just don't get good hits. Sometimes I can get a big hit, but there's no flavor.

My currently theory is airflow. The Hadaly and OBS Cheetah both have directed airflow in some way or another, but the others just have holes in the cap.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas? I mostly use fused Clapton coils, 24/36 SS, or twisted 24 SS but I've tried smaller fused Clapton coils.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of wattage you shooting for? Less is often more where flavor is concerned. That determines required air flow.....air dilutes flavor......... Try smaller atties.. or find way to reduce internal chamber capacity of the ones you have.

Think wine tasting over chugging beer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ali Moorad

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting.. i had my eyes on the OBS Cheetah RDA as well..... Anyone else use it? How does the flavour compare to the Druga, Tsunami, etc etc...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For a while now I've been trying a bunch of BF RDAs with single coil options, and so far I can't get good/any flavor out of any of them. I've got a hadlay clone with a BF pin that I love, but it doesn't get the biggest hits. Currently my favorite RDA is the OBS cheetah with a single twisted coil in between the posts, but this doesn't have a BF pin.

RDAs I'm struggling with:

* Peerless Special Addition

* Goon 22

* Velocity Clone

I ran all of these with a single coil, the peerless/goon claim single coil support and I've heard about people running them with single coils but I just don't get good hits. Sometimes I can get a big hit, but there's no flavor.

My currently theory is airflow. The Hadaly and OBS Cheetah both have directed airflow in some way or another, but the others just have holes in the cap.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas? I mostly use fused Clapton coils, 24/36 SS, or twisted 24 SS but I've tried smaller fused Clapton coils.

I believe air is probably a lot of your problem as @Mykreign said

I run the Goon 22 with only two of the six air holes open and get a lot of flavor\

The Velocity clone is not much of a flavor attie at all

Thanks everyone!

Im looking for bigger hits like I get the with Cheetah. With the Cheetah I get less flavor than the Hadaly, but much bigger hits. With the

Should the wholes be lined up to hit the coils directly? How about the coil placement? Should they be above or below the holes? or centered?

I've also seen people have stuff that covers a side of the internal chamber, where do you get those?

@JuicyLucy do you run it with a single coil?

Thanks!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone!

Im looking for bigger hits like I get the with Cheetah. With the Cheetah I get less flavor than the Hadaly, but much bigger hits. With the

Should the wholes be lined up to hit the coils directly? How about the coil placement? Should they be above or below the holes? or centered?

I've also seen people have stuff that covers a side of the internal chamber, where do you get those?

@JuicyLucy do you run it with a single coil?

Thanks!

I run mine single coil - in most setups, you will want the air to hit the coil dead center

On the baby Goon, I like one hole open on each side, but I am not going for max clouds.Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.46.55 PM.png

Remember, the rule of thumb is, the more cloudy, less flavor. More flavor, less cloudy

VU Sponsors