Become a Patron!

Can't get my raspberry cream right, suggestions please

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am trying to DIY raspberry cream. I only have FA flavorings. I am using Raspberry, Vienna Cream and Classic Vanilla. I have tried a few different percentages. One was not strong enough, one was too strong and now I can' really taste much. My percentages are 11% raspberry, 8 Vienna cream and 2% classic vanilla. What am I missing or do you think my percentage are off. The PG/VG is roughly 60/40. it needs to steep more but I can't see it changing to by that much.

I researched several recipes where many use marshmallow for cream or others. I don't know where to go from here.

I really need help with this one and will buy other brand flavors as needed or more FA.

I also read that lemon juice helps fruit flavors pop but fades. Will lemon flavoring in small percentages do the same thing?

Thanks for your help

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Try 1% FA Raspberry, 2% Vienna Cream, 2% Vanilla Classic.

If you have FA Fresh Cream or Custard, you might like using either of them in place of half the Vienna Cream.

FA Raspberry is pretty dang strong. 11% is just way too much.
(and be sure to shake your flavorings right before you use them)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with HIC. imo The recipe he suggested with 1-2% (start low) would be good. Upwards of 3% Raspberry and it's chaos. FA flavors don't taste "cartoony" at high %'s like many TPA fruits imo...

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What do I do with what I have? Trash it? I have almost 15 mls. It would be hard, IMO, to adjust it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The bonus to this is, I bet it's awesome with just shake and vape. It'll definitely be good the next day, but out of the gate good is a bonus. I like the custard idea with this.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You could always split it into 3 mixes, add more base to it, then add more vienna and classic to each batch. You'll have at least 3 new bottles that way, but I've tossed way more than that over time. I got over it, too.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will lessoning the amounts sweeten the product? I like sweet fruity vapes. I have sucralose but have seen where people use meringue (and maybe marshmallow) to sweeten also. Sorry to ask so many questions. I need to order more stuff and want to know what to put on the order that may help this also, since I am limited. I have dragonfruit, pineapple and peach but I don't know how these would help this. It doesn't have to end up being raspberry. I will be making a 5 ml tester, no nic, to see how it tastes. I assume it should not need a lot of steeping since no nic is in there?

Thanks for all the advice.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With FA-only mixes, aim your total flavor at 5-8% for starters. IMO take @Huckleberried 's advice and dilute your original batch with an unflavored base, so that it is using 1/3 of your current flavor %, then add some cream/vanilla drops to balance the raspberry vape you have atm.

Shake and vape taste testing will give a glimpse of what it will taste like; a warm shake and letting it sit overnight is minimum just to be completely mixed and stable (shake n vape flavor and TH consistency is spotty imo, even if pleasant).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It might be sweet enough for you, but you could add 1% pineapple if you like the way it sounds with Raspberry. Might sweeten it up a bit. I've yet to use a sweetener in any juice I've mixed. ZERO have needed it.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to buy a more powerful device so I actually drip this to see how it tastes. I think I am dead in the water until I have that. I having no luck or no patience or a lot of both.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just half fill a mini protank. Not wasting much if I don't like something, plus I'll know how it tastes in what I use all day. I have a dripper, but never use it anymore.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Done with raspberry. I will work on something else. I know I am missing some key ingredients for smoothness or maybe I need to change flavorings to another type. Pretty discouraged. This isn't easy at all. It make since when I read other FA recipes but I am just too noobish right now. Thanks for all the input. I will put this away and let it sit.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been thinking about this. I think the vanilla is messing things up. Hitting it again tomorrow with .05 raspberry and pineapple or maybe just plain raspberry to see where it stands by alone. Excited again.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad you're excited again. Don't give up too soon.

Hang out, read more about flavorings and different brands, maybe whip up some of the tasty recipes posted. Just playing around with other people's recipes, reading the comments in them, too, will help you learn so much about how you're tasting things. It's a great learning experience.

The absolute best way to learn about your flavors is to try each one out as a single mix, starting with a low % and tweaking from there. HIC's flavor reviews in the DIY reviews section is an incredible tool. Have fun with it! I was highly frustrated when I first started mixing, but when I started making other people's stuff, learning what I liked, and taking notes, I started feeling comfortable enough to try out some things on my own.

Hang in there joeyboy!

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3% FA Raspberry
2% FA Marchmallow (max 4%)
4% TFA vanilla bean (gelato is safer than ice cream) in place of FA vanilla classic or TFA Vanilla swirl or Cap French vanilla
2% FA caramel or 4% FW caramel candy or 2% FA butterscotch
3% FA Vienna cream (max 5%)

Last edited:

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA strawberry is more realistic than FA raspberry IMO as a fruit flavor.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just a suggestion on that raspberry, start at 0.25% and work your way up a little at a time. its a powerful flavor and if all else fails try inawera. they have a pretty good raspberry flavor

VU Sponsors