Become a Patron!

Can't get tank off my mod, it's stuck somehow

levander

Member For 4 Years
I was vaping along happily the other night, and my mod started having problems reading my atomizer. Then it started saying "no atomizer found"... Playing with it, eventually I notice that I can't unscrew the tank off my mod!

It's like the alignment of the tank broke somehow and it's jiggered down in the mod crooked. But it's not like it's just wedged in. Like the ring you can twist to adjust the airflow on the tank, it's not seated as firmly and you can pull on it and get it to come off the tank in ways I don't think it was designed to do.

It's a Vaporesso Estoc tank that wasn't even that old when this happened. It's one of the newer Vaporesso tanks that take the EUC coils. And the mod is a Wismec Releaux RX200S. Losing the tank wouldn't bother. But losing the mod would. It's a $59 mod I really like.

Any hints on how to get that tank off the mod?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Adjustable pliers, pad the jaw with some cloth or wrap a few wraps of masking tape around the atomizer and unscrew it carefully so you don't strip the 510 threads.

A_Lewis

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've run into this problem in the past and it's a real drag. One solution I considered is to roll out about quarter gram of C4 into a thin strip, wind that around the bottom of the atomizer, wire that up on each end, put it behind the couch and touch it off with a car battery. It will get the atty off the mod. You will need a new couch, mod, and atty though....

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You need heat and pressure to make c4 go boom. The car battery would vent before the c4.:bomb:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was vaping along happily the other night, and my mod started having problems reading my atomizer. Then it started saying "no atomizer found"... Playing with it, eventually I notice that I can't unscrew the tank off my mod!

It's like the alignment of the tank broke somehow and it's jiggered down in the mod crooked. But it's not like it's just wedged in. Like the ring you can twist to adjust the airflow on the tank, it's not seated as firmly and you can pull on it and get it to come off the tank in ways I don't think it was designed to do.

It's a Vaporesso Estoc tank that wasn't even that old when this happened. It's one of the newer Vaporesso tanks that take the EUC coils. And the mod is a Wismec Releaux RX200S. Losing the tank wouldn't bother. But losing the mod would. It's a $59 mod I really like.

Any hints on how to get that tank off the mod?
I'd like to see a picture of this, the explanation of the problem sounds quite bizarre.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might I suggest tannerite and a 270 at about 100 yards :bang: much better.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just bake it at 450 for an hour or so? A microwave would also work if you drained the juice out of the tank first.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ice the tank (not the mod) as cold as you can, then put on a rubber dish glove for extra grip and try again.
+1 this is probably the least destructive option lol

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just bake it at 450 for an hour or so? A microwave would also work if you drained the juice out of the tank first.

The oven would destroy the mod and the microwave would destroy the mod and itself.

levander

Member For 4 Years
I'll think more closely about some of these suggestions tomorrow. Some of them sound like really good ideas, especially the C4 one. Well, that or the adjustable pliers...

A picture of the problem would just look like a tank sitting on top of a mod. There's not really much to take a photo of. The problem is like the bottom of the tank is not unscrewing from the mod correctly.

And I'm not sure how I would ice the tank but not the mod since the tank is stuck onto the mod. And like if I just put little pieces of crushed ice inside the tank, it seems like the ice would melt before the tank would get really cold.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll think more closely about some of these suggestions tomorrow. Some of them sound like really good ideas, especially the C4 one. Well, that or the adjustable pliers...

A picture of the problem would just look like a tank sitting on top of a mod. There's not really much to take a photo of. The problem is like the bottom of the tank is not unscrewing from the mod correctly.

And I'm not sure how I would ice the tank but not the mod since the tank is stuck onto the mod. And like if I just put little pieces of crushed ice inside the tank, it seems like the ice would melt before the tank would get really cold.
If you can take the batteries out, do that then stick the whole thing in the icebox for 5-10 minutes. If you can't take the batteries out, put ice in a ziplock bag and run it around the base of the tank slowly for several minutes until it's cold to the touch

HellbillyRJ

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok the best way to go about this for optimal results is..... Take one of those soft gooey ice packs and wrap it around the tank. If you have an electric heating pad put that around the mod. Thermal expansion and contraction should help out alot. A rubber or silicone anything to help you get a better grip on the tank will help as well.

VU Sponsors