Become a Patron!

Can't get to grips with DIYing.

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This method will prove successful for you. If you haven't already, order EM (cotton candy), and a sweetner (I really like tfa). .5-2% added to your juice can make a big difference is perceived flavor. I have always been one with a sweet tooth though...lol

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have made a pretty good ice cream base with 60/40 blend using vanilla bean ice cream (tfa) 8%, and sweet cream (tfa) 1%. I hot water steeped it for 1.5 hours and boy is it good! I then mixed it 50/50 with my strawberry base (from above post) and came out with a pretty darn good strawberries and cream juice.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I do make up mixtures of single flavours if that's what you mean. At the moment I'm doing a few small mixtures with increasing flavour percentage with each one and just trying them. Although I am trying to make a strawberry and cream but it's not going to well.

I'm almost there ;) Strawberries and Cream.

I'm waiting on an incoming order right now, to make an adjustment to my mix. Then I'll pass the notes along in a separate thread, I'll be sure to tag you.

I know there has to be a simpler way to arrive at Strawberries and Cream. But my current recipe has 8 flavors in it, and it appears that steeping may be all that is required. However, I do want to tweak it with another version/brand of Strawberry, and sample that result.

wardy940

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm almost there ;) Strawberries and Cream.

I'm waiting on an incoming order right now, to make an adjustment to my mix. Then I'll pass the notes along in a separate thread, I'll be sure to tag you.

I know there has to be a simpler way to arrive at Strawberries and Cream. But my current recipe has 8 flavors in it, and it appears that steeping may be all that is required. However, I do want to tweak it with another version/brand of Strawberry, and sample that result.
What's your recipe for strawberries and cream? So far I've just done 3% Fa fresh cream and 7% capella sweet strawberry. Was OK but not quite right. Seem to not be able to taste much at the moment. Does sweetner or em make much of a difference to the flavour?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't give you a conclusive response at the moment, as to a win/win strawberries and cream. Like you I'm close, and I'm still waiting on some flavors :/

I have issues with too much "sweet". And yes, it makes a LOT of difference to me. Try adding 1 or 2% Cheesecake ;) Just for $h1+s and giggles.

The taste of any recipe is subjective. Are you looking for a "bright" strawberry taste with cream? Or a "creamy" Strawberry?

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will add that I am also working on a neutral cream blend using tfa sweet cream, tfa milk, and a little vanilla bean ice cream. Also working in vanilla swirl. The challenge is that I have to mix that base, then add a complementary fruit flavor to it to really see how it blends, because "cream" needs to be background and textural, and is hard to identify by itself without just tasting vanilla. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

wardy940

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't give you a conclusive response at the moment, as to a win/win strawberries and cream. Like you I'm close, and I'm still waiting on some flavors :/

I have issues with too much "sweet". And yes, it makes a LOT of difference to me. Try adding 1 or 2% Cheesecake ;) Just for $h1+s and giggles.

The taste of any recipe is subjective. Are you looking for a "bright" strawberry taste with cream? Or a "creamy" Strawberry?
I'm looking for a creamy strawberry. The sweet strawberry and fresh cream is quite nice. I agree with mattp that the fresh cream taste alot better now its a few days old. I'm gonna get the cheesecake flavour next order. Maybe try and lemon and raspberry cheesecake or something. Which brand does the best cheesecake?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will add that I am also working on a neutral cream blend using tfa sweet cream, tfa milk, and a little vanilla bean ice cream. Also working in vanilla swirl. The challenge is that I have to mix that base, then add a complementary fruit flavor to it to really see how it blends, because "cream" needs to be background and textural, and is hard to identify by itself without just tasting vanilla. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

TFA Vanilla Swirl 3% + TFA Sweet Cream 1% was/is one of my favorite combos to use with fruits.

Others that are great for this
TFA/CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe
TFA Malted Milk or NF Organic Malt
CAP Bavarian Cream
Hangsen Cream
Marshmallow or Whipped Cream (small amounts)(all brands are decent)
FA Coconut 0.5% (added to everything):D

VU Sponsors