Become a Patron!
Whats up guys, i've had a lot of problems lately with ohms being too low on more complex builds, not sure where the problem.. The most recent was a build tonight, I have 2 pieces of claptoned 28g SS/32g Ni80, and one strand of fused clapton 26g SS/3g NI80 I then wound the three cores (4 pieces of SS) with a strand of .5x.1mm Ni80 Ribbon wire, making sort of a transformer effect. I did a three wrap around a 3mm screw driver and installed it on my good RDA and it came up to .08ohm on my RX2/3. Trying to tolve the problem, I inwrapped it and paralleled the original wire with another piece made of twisted 26g SS/32g Ni80, which was claptoned with more 32g Ni80. (I'll try to post a picture for clarity, Lol) but the three wrap of the 4 strand came out to .06ohm . Now for my queation, why did adding another piece of wire decrease the resistance? still a three wrap around the same screw driver? I am pretty fimiliar with ohms law and all but more math and less application... Any advice? trying to do more advanced builds but this seems to happen to me all the time and it is kind of disheartening. Any input would be great!

Whats up guys, i've had a lot of problems lately with ohms being too low on more complex builds, not sure where the problem.. The most recent was a build tonight, I have 2 pieces of claptoned 28g SS/32g Ni80, and one strand of fused clapton 26g SS/3g NI80 I then wound the three cores (4 pieces of SS) with a strand of .5x.1mm Ni80 Ribbon wire, making sort of a transformer effect. I did a three wrap around a 3mm screw driver and installed it on my good RDA and it came up to .08ohm on my RX2/3. Trying to tolve the problem, I inwrapped it and paralleled the original wire with another piece made of twisted 26g SS/32g Ni80, which was claptoned with more 32g Ni80. (I'll try to post a picture for clarity, Lol) but the three wrap of the 4 strand came out to .06ohm . Now for my queation, why did adding another piece of wire decrease the resistance? still a three wrap around the same screw driver? I am pretty fimiliar with ohms law and all but more math and less application... Any advice? trying to do more advanced builds but this seems to happen to me all the time and it is kind of disheartening. Any input would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Short answer: adding another wire allowed another channel for current to flow through. Thereby reducing the resistance.

Like opening 3 windows in your house. And opening a fourth. Each window you open will allow more air into your house. Your house will have less resistance to the outside air.

Maybe not the best explanation. But it works.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you not using a coil calculator such as steam engine to plan your builds and see what your resistance should be?

If not, you need to. Absolutely need to. Otherwise you are swinging a sword in the dark.

Yea that makes sense, but how is everyone getting away with all of the extreme builds I see pictures posted of? higher gauge wire?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Higher gauge helps. And some builders I think make some builds simply for artistic value.

SS has super low resistance. Need higher gauge, fewer cores, more wraps.

What kind of mod are you using? And more importantly what batteries?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For instance, a build I use a lot is a SS dual alien with 3 cores 28g ss wrapped with 36g ss. To get it to a resistance I am comfortable with (0.18 ohms) i have to make 7.5 wraps at 3.5mm diameter. That is about all the coil that fits in a 24mm rda.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will get it. Just spend some time on steam engine in the wire wizard. You can configure practically any coil in that section of the site. And it will not only let you know what the resistance should be, but playing around with it will show you how changing a build changes its resistance (different metals, diameter, wrap count, adding cores, etc)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use smaller wire as cores and wraps more wraps in the coils. .. you will end up with higher ohm builds....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys I'll definelty be getting some smaller g wire and downloading the app to play with it a bit, and I know a lot of coils are made simply for aesthetics but I really want to figure it out lol, I'm currently using my RX2/3 with the Goon RDA, but I also have a Smok 200w and a Limitless plus RDTA that I run sometimes, considering getting something with the DNA soon! Using Samsung 18650s but it's about time for some new cells

VU Sponsors