Become a Patron!

Can't wick nano coils

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

I litteraly feel like I'm about to cry I'm under so much stress with this. My friend can build me a coil and wick it perfect every time but no matter what I do I can't wick my nano coil. Every time I try to put cotton in its either too much to go through the coil and it pulls it and deforms it or too little and it leaks. I'm so done and it just makes me want to quit vaping. Anyone that can help I would be in debt to you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi everyone,

I litteraly feel like I'm about to cry I'm under so much stress with this. My friend can build me a coil and wick it perfect every time but no matter what I do I can't wick my nano coil. Every time I try to put cotton in its either too much to go through the coil and it pulls it and deforms it or too little and it leaks. I'm so done and it just makes me want to quit vaping. Anyone that can help I would be in debt to you.

Are you talking about the OBS Engine Nano? or what kind of RTA are you talking about?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By nano do you mean sub 1/16 inch ID.. if so you might consider silica. Or wrapping the coil and positioning so air goes through the core. Or using less cotton and rolling it tighter. Rayon might even be easier to use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Are you talking about the OBS Engine Nano? or what kind of RTA are you talking about?
I'm using a geekvape ammit v2. It's a postless deck so wicking without the coils moving is a bitch. I'm using 28g ss316l

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a geekvape ammit v2. It's a postless deck so wicking without the coils moving is a bitch. I'm using 28g ss316l

How tight you doing the coils....

I use a strip of 1/4" - 3/8" wide for 2.5mm to 3mm I'd coil. Lightly roll twist 1 end insert and pull through using a little back tension with second hand. Lots of room in the ammit use bigger coil id.

Last edited:

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
I've been using a 1/8 drill bit. It seems much too small...could I use something bigger?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been using a 1/8 drill bit. It seems much too small...could I use something bigger?

1/8th inch seems okay, that's a little over 3mm which is a pretty typical size, ...as long as you're using dual coils! Are you using just one coil? Try two 1/8th inch coils

If you insist on just one coil, try at least a 3/16th bit or 7/32nd

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
1/8th inch seems okay, that's a little over 3mm which is a pretty typical size, ...as long as you're using dual coils! Are you using just one coil? Try two 1/8th inch coils
I always use dual coils.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1/8 is plenty.... sounds to me like your just using too much cotton... roll the cotton into a long cylinder.... it will expand when wetted and you can fluff it up after installing in coil.

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Solved for now. Got my brother to do it. I ordered some 24g instead for building bigger coils. Thanks for help anyway guys!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Solved for now. Got my brother to do it. I ordered some 24g instead for building bigger coils. Thanks for help anyway guys!

28 is honestly hard to get used too. I think guage like 22-26 work best for a regular coil and they keep shape much better. I don't think I've ever used 28g by itself. Makes for a great core wire but never by using.

I love nichrome80, and I'm starting to like ss 317, but finding how finicky it is and do many different grades it becomes much too confusing.

If your on a regulated device, which I know you are kanthal works good for variable voltage, variable wattage, your going to need SS 316 I believe for temp control.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
28 is honestly hard to get used too. I think guage like 22-26 work best for a regular coil and they keep shape much better. I don't think I've ever used 28g by itself. Makes for a great core wire but never by using.

I love nichrome80, and I'm starting to like ss 317, but finding how finicky it is and do many different grades it becomes much too confusing.

If your on a regulated device, which I know you are kanthal works good for variable voltage, variable wattage, your going to need SS 316 I believe for temp control.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Yeah, ss316 is my primary objective. Temp control is amazing. I loveeeee it.

VU Sponsors