CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl sub

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all. I'm looking to mix up Returnity's Cinapple Fritter recipe and the only thing I'm missing is CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl. I do however, have TFA DX Cinnamon Danish. As I'm only familiar with the latter, I have to ask: How alike/different are the two concentrates and what is the difference in strength if any? I looked up the averages on ELR but I take those with a grain of salt. All the Flavors, which I prefer, has them at just about equal. I also sifted through the comments but did not come across anyone having the same substitution question. From what I've gathered they seem to be about the same strength. Just looking for someone who's mixed with both to verify. Trying to look it up before I ask, ask before I mix. Thanks folks!

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could answer your question, but I just got my hands on CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl the other day, and have never tried the other brands. Maybe @Squonk or @Heabob can help you when they see this.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl. I do however, have TFA DX Cinnamon Danish

I looked up the recipe on ELR and in returnity's notes I found this:

"Swap CAP Cinnamon Danish for TFA Cinnamon Danish or FW Cinnamon Roll to get a different character of cinnamon-pastry."

Though returnity doesn't list the DX version, they may be very similar

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I looked up the recipe on ELR and in returnity's notes I found this:

"Swap CAP Cinnamon Danish for TFA Cinnamon Danish or FW Cinnamon Roll to get a different character of cinnamon-pastry."

Though returnity doesn't list the DX version, they may be very similar
Oh wow. So I missed that somehow, that's helpful though. Like I said, ATF shows (at least the non dx version) to be used around the same percentage. I suppose I can just mix it up and see what happens. I don't mind going soft on it, I'd just really hate to over do it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience, cinnamon danish swirl is a very unique flavor. TFA cinnamon danish and FW cinnamon roll are basically similar, but if you've ever tried CDS, they seem weak.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could answer your question, but I just got my hands on CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl the other day, and have never tried the other brands. Maybe @Squonk or @Heabob can help you when they see this.
Sorry I only have CAPs and haven't used it for awhile(forgot I had it till now). If I remember correctly, 3-4% mixed with some FA Fresh Cream was pretty good. I'll have to play with it this weekend.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CAP cinnamon danish swirl smells amasing, just like the Swedish cinnamon buns that are so popular here. However in any mix I've tried it, it tastes like cardboard to me... what a let down. And I've tried recipes from other users as well, so it's not that my percentages are wrong.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm going to order the CAP just for the hell of it. I'm running out of FA Fuji anyways. I mixed the recipe up with The TFA and it's awesome! It'll be my third BCF ordering two weeks.... I have a problem.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't have the TFA version but FW Cinnamon Roll is sweeter than most.
Although it seems to be a bit of a coil killer:(

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cap Danish Swirl and FA Wow and Bavarian cream makes a really nice Danish Swirl flavour. Cinapple fritter recipe is for me one of the higher rated recipes on ELR worthy of the praise, I found a lot of them meh tbh

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
Cap Danish Swirl and FA Wow and Bavarian cream makes a really nice Danish Swirl flavour. Cinapple fritter recipe is for me one of the higher rated recipes on ELR worthy of the praise, I found a lot of them meh tbh
This looks like a tasty one also.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Caps Cinnamon Danish Swirl is a tough one for me. I've not had much luck with it, might have to bust it out again and give it a second chance. Kind of gave me a flat cinnamon taste to everything I mixed it with, I was expecting more of a sweet sugary cinnamon but wasn't quite what I was getting.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Caps Cinnamon Danish Swirl is a tough one for me. I've not had much luck with it, might have to bust it out again and give it a second chance. Kind of gave me a flat cinnamon taste to everything I mixed it with, I was expecting more of a sweet sugary cinnamon but wasn't quite what I was getting.
All I have to say is FLV Rich Cinnamon. I actually put some in my coffee this morning. One drop was all it took. The stuff is so damn strong.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

ELR has some good ones. It also has a lot of shitty recipes. I've actually been heading over to All the Flavors lately. That site is pretty well put together and there's some really good mixers on there. Their flavor search function has been extremely useful.

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
Deek if you get a chance I really liked this one http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1193411/sadlad toast crunch
I also agree Caps Cinnamon Danish Swirl needs some supporting flavors

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try CDSv1 with .5% FA Almond and .5% FA Joy. It brings out and enhances the Danish aspect. A bit of LA Cream Cheese Icing is perfect with it.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for reminding me...I just added it to my list.

Strange as it may seem FW Pie Crust tastes like Cinnamon Roll, but without any cinnamon.
Quite dark in color tho so I don't use it very much as the darker colored flavors seem to cause more coil gunk...

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey @PreparationHero sorry for not getting that linked to you. I'ts a really good recipe and is in my rotation. Thanks

No worries dude. I put it on ATF first, and then someone said they saw it on ELR, so I put it on there under my name after that guy, so it was my fault. I figured since he had it up there first I wouldn't ask him to take it down. I'm just glad you like it! :)

VU Sponsors