Become a Patron!

Capella Creamy & Greek Yogurt

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey fellow diyers. I've been experimenting with capella creamy and Greek yogurt but I'm just not getting the yogurt taste I'm wanting, I'm wanting the creamy part but also the sour biteness on the Greek. I did 3.5% creamy and 2% Greek and its still barely noticeable. Anyone else experimented with these and achieve what I'm looking for?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried either, but I would try making a small sample bottle of both (say 5-10ml at the recommended percentages) and taste them both. If one is bitter and one creamy, try mixing them together at different ratios until you get the taste you are looking for. Good luck .

Cheers,
Steve

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the thing, they are so new that their is no recommended percentages on the sites that sells them

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was afraid of that. If I had to guess, I'd probably go 5-10 percent (depending on how strong they smell and how strong you like your flavors) in separate bottles (1 Greek, 1 creamy). At least that way you will know if one is creamy and one is bitter/tart. After that, mixing the 2 bottles to get your desired taste.

Hopefully someone has some experience with these and can chime in. If not you could always try the above suggestion. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Steve

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man. Yeah I hope so too, I really don't like wasting unless I have to lol

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used the Greek Yogurt (TFA) and like it so far. The tangy taste works well with fruit flavors. Unfortunately I haven't tried the creamy yet so I can't really give you a comparison. I use it around 5-7% in recipes with other ingredients; haven't tried it stand-alone yet.

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not TFA Greek. Capella Greek

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Think you have to get the CAP Greek up to 5% min. first off.
Then add 1-2% of the Creamy.
OR:
Try some different creams like Vienna Cream or Fresh Cream.

Haggie

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the creamy one and the greek one both have the tangy hit to them I havnt tried using both in one recipe but I like creamy at about 5% iv used sweet cream to even things out at 2% iv heard sweet and tart works great. and diy or die uses EM and caramel. I havnt seen any recipes that call for creamy and greek so I cant help you much in that area. but you deff need to balance sweetness with creams and stuff..

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't have the white peach. I have regular FA peach

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a peach mango greek yogurt mix based on @Teresa P 's strawberry recipe and it came out pretty well- definitely had that tang I was hoping for:

Peach Mango Greek Yogurt

7% Caps Greek Yogurt
2% TFA Bavarian Cream
1% FA white Peach
2% TFA Juicy Peach
0.5% FA mango

Got some Caps Greek yogurt in yesterday, definitely going to try this one after work today.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a peach mango greek yogurt mix based on @Teresa P 's strawberry recipe and it came out pretty well- definitely had that tang I was hoping for:

Peach Mango Greek Yogurt

7% Caps Greek Yogurt
2% TFA Bavarian Cream
1% FA white Peach
2% TFA Juicy Peach
0.5% FA mango
On my list for today too....;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol, I mixed up a Peach version last weekend but with the Creamy instead, steeping till this weekend :D.

Update: It was actually quite good...

Last edited:

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just mixed up some with 7% Greek and still no strong yogurt taste to me. I'll let it sit overnight

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I mixed both the new caps yogurts at 10% I didnt like them but the flavor was coming through ok

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm highly disappointed in them. I really want FAs new diketone free yogurt.

VU Sponsors