Become a Patron!

Capella Flavoring

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just wondering if anyone has used Capella flavoring and is there any steeping required? I've used recipes and the flavors are really light and almost flavorless. I am using a 50/50 mix with the total flavoring >=10% should I use more flavoring or just let it steep because it is a really light flavor?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think I've ever used CAPs over 6%, but everyone has their preference. What are you mixing up flavor-wise?

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started out with 10%, I have read that steeping is varied, and capella comes in pg so I wasn't sure steeping was necessary. I have a mix of blue raspberry, strawberry, and cranberry. And I've added a couple of drops of each to see if I can get a stronger flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
With multiple flavors, 10% for each one could be too much. Make sure you shake your flavors before you mix them, then shake your finished mix really well.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
capellas to me seems like its one of the most forgiving flavors. meaning no matter how much you use its pretty much going to taste the same,10% is a good average but you cant put 1% of 10 flavors either though. dont be afraid to go over 10% with capellas stuff especially in a combination mix. try mixing your main flavor around 6 is % and 2-4% of the others. Id start over if you hit 16%.

Id say with caps also if you do go over the 10% mark a speed steep or natural still will benefit it to get rid of that slight chemically taste caps has at those %

andyl

Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of capella flavourings and for me they are all a little weak and not my favorites. They are apart from a couple much better used in combination with others, for example: Sweet Strawberry works really well with Strawberry Ripe from TPA a combined % of around 5-6% will give you a great Strawberry flavour. Vanilla Custard V1 is also great and works well with other cream based flavours but you need to let these age/cure/steep for at least 3 days for them to fully develop. if you are looking for shake and vapes stick to fruit flavours but don't overdo the quantities. Try and keep your total flavour percentage between 10 and 15%

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
no matter how much you use its pretty much going to taste the same

This is really good information. I'm just starting out trying cap flavors, and if this is true, it simplifies things. I wonder if that's why they seem to be so favored by vendors even though they're kinda pricey.

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am not liking the capella flavoring because they seem to be very weak. However the butter cream and the coffee flavors from them are good. I like the strong fruit flavoring what is a good company to get them from?

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also find the Capella flavorings to be very weak. Not a fan.

andyl

Member For 4 Years
The good ones:
New York Cheesecake
Vanilla Custard V1
Sweet Strawberry
Juicy Lemon (in very small quantities)

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered some bottles from TFA and flavourart. I'll figure out how those go.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also find the Capella flavorings to be very weak. Not a fan.

That's really too bad, but I find most are quite good so far, and at least comarable to TFA in strength.

Maybe post up some of the recipes/flavors you're having trouble with here, and someone can offer up some help.

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Specifically the blue raspberry flavor, and the strawberry flavor.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Specifically the blue raspberry flavor, and the strawberry flavor.

Sorry I can't help with that one, don't have it, as I can't stand any of the Raspberry flavorings.
Oh, and I hate all the Strawberries too, lol.
Most of them are very strong though, to me anyway.
Some mix CAP Strawberries & Cream with TFA Strawberry Ripe, or FA Strawberry.
Or the same for CAP Sweet Strawberry.
The Strawberries all taste good to me when dripped on finger, mixed up of course.
It's just something about vaping them that turns me off.

Are these the only flavors you've tried?
What percents are you using?

Some of the other ones I like.
Blueberry
Juicy Orange & Orange Creamsicle
Lemon Sicily (Italian)
Peaches & Cream
Creamy Yogurt
NY Cheesecake v1
Cake Batter
Vanilla Custard v1 (v2 is good in some recipes too)
Sugar Cookie v1
Marshmallow
Caramel

Last edited:

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blue raspberry cc 5%
Cranberry 2%
Strawberry 3%

I can just barely taste the strawberry after 3 days steep.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Blue raspberry cc 5%
Cranberry 2%
Strawberry 3%

I can just barely taste the strawberry after 3 days steep.

Suspect these are too low, maybe you should try 5-10% range on Strawberry anyway.
Cranberry was kinda strong, maybe try 5%.
Blue Raspberry may also need 10%, not sure about that one tho.
Adding a bit of Vanilla/Cream, or Marshmallow helps taking the sharpness off the top IMO.

Some of the CAP flavors need a week to steep.

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cranberry was almost over powering at first at 2%but after the step I can hardly taste the strawberry or the cranberry. I also get nothing from the blue raspberry.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cranberry was almost over powering at first at 2%but after the step I can hardly taste the strawberry or the cranberry. I also get nothing from the blue raspberry.

Yup, I think you need to go higher on them, don't give up.
Easier to make smaller batches until you find the % you like.
Try raising each one by 1-2%, then steep and test again.
These fruits should only need a few days steeping, but sometimes are better after a week.

I had trouble with CAP Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble, all I could taste was the hot Cinnamon after steeping.
Ended up dumping the bottle, think it might have been a bad batch, IDK.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree, CAP, for the most part, isn't as highly concentrated as FA. When you do get your FA flavourings, keep those low. With that said, sample singles of your CAP flavorings and get a baseline. I can use Sweet Strawberry around 6% with good results, then on another level, I can use CAP Sweet Cream anywhere from 0.5% to 3% and get nice results. Some flavors are just all over the place. I like the consistency of FA, but other companies do make great flavors, too.

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys! The juice isn't bad,(going on a week steep) it just isn't what I imagined. I'm going to keep the flavor because it is good, just not what I wanted.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's really too bad, but I find most are quite good so far, and at least comarable to TFA in strength.

Maybe post up some of the recipes/flavors you're having trouble with here, and someone can offer up some help.

I got some of the Blueberry Graham Cracker, and some banana. I mixed them at 20%, and they were incredible for about a week, then all of a sudden the flavor totally disappeared. A few guys here said that was too much flavoring, and to lower it. I've tried 5%, 7%, 10%, and 12%, and can barely taste it at all.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got some of the Blueberry Graham Cracker, and some banana. I mixed them at 20%, and they were incredible for about a week, then all of a sudden the flavor totally disappeared. A few guys here said that was too much flavoring, and to lower it. I've tried 5%, 7%, 10%, and 12%, and can barely taste it at all.

Could even be Vapers Tongue, some flavors get bland after vaping them for awhile.
Switch to non-flavored vape flavor for a bit.
Usually 7-15% range is a good starting point for single flavors, but if it's the main flavor in a recipe go to 7-10%.
Then add in other flavors like Cream, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Meringue, etc. in varied amounts up to 10%
But I generally try to keep total percents under 15-20%, although there are some exceptions out there.

Just wondering what type of equipment you're using?

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use old style Lemos, and a new Lemo II.

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have heard that vaping a mint flavor will clear the palate..

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh, now I am getting this weird throat hit and a bad aftertaste when I use the cream flavoring, strange, am I not letting it steep long enough?

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cap on or off? One cream took over the flavor of the juice. Lots of fun there.

andyl

Member For 4 Years
Cap on or off? One cream took over the flavor of the juice. Lots of fun there.
Personally I don't do baths, ultrasonic cleaners or any of that faffing around that other people do. I just make it, shake it and put it in a cupboard. I never leave the lid off I don't see the point unless you've used alcohol. that would need to evaporate. On day one I'll take it out of the cupboard and re shake it whenever I remember. I'll check it every day and re shake and possibly have a little vape and take a few notes. If you have a glass bottle with a dropper in it then I'd give that a few squeezes to clear the pipet and push some oxygen around. Unfortunately there is no substitute for time, no shortcuts. :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ugh, now I am getting this weird throat hit and a bad aftertaste when I use the cream flavoring, strange, am I not letting it steep long enough?

What brand of Cream & how much are you using?

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Capella brand, the cream mellows out after about a week but it is still a bit rough.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Capella brand, the cream mellows out after about a week but it is still a bit rough.

If it's Sweet Cream, I normally only use 1-3%, same for TFA Sweet Cream.

Hangsen Cream is still my favorite tho, at 0.5%...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's Sweet Cream, I normally only use 1-3%, same for TFA .

I have a fresh 120ml bottle of TFA Sweet Cream (along with 120ml of Bavarian Cream, Whipped Cream, and Vanilla Swirl). I also have all the 3 FA creams.

My question is: Is there much difference between TFA and Capella Sweet Cream? Just debating if I need to add another cream to the arsenal ;)

Thanks,
Steve

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a fresh 120ml bottle of TFA Sweet Cream (along with 120ml of Bavarian Cream, Whipped Cream, and Vanilla Swirl). I also have all the 3 FA creams.

My question is: Is there much difference between TFA and Capella Sweet Cream? Just debating if I need to add another cream to the arsenal ;)

Thanks,
Steve

TFA & CAP are pretty close IMO, but, some of the super tasters might be able to tell a difference IDK.

Think I'd go for Hangsen Cream first, as I like it better anyhow, think it's sweeter...

VU Sponsors