Become a Patron!

Capella Vanilla Custard

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This has been my go to vape for a while now. I've been vaping this so hard my face melts, lungs explode and i die a horrible death with a smile on my melted face without regrets. Just felt the need to post this. I love Capella.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
heard that

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This has been my go to vape for a while now. I've been vaping this so hard my face melts, lungs explode and i die a horrible death with a smile on my melted face without regrets. Just felt the need to post this. I love Capella.
If diacetyl made genitals fall off id be a eunuch. But it doesnt, so im not.
I vape stuff with and without diketones. I cant really tell a difference in my lungs, and my face is melting off anyways, so ???.

Im vaping cap custard with fa mix nut, fa torrone, fa van bourbon, fa catalan cream and fa van classic. Tasty

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you guys vape it as a single flavor? What percentage? How long to steep? I won Hope Vanilla Custard on modenvy and am on my last tank. Gotta make a decision on what to do now, fast! :)

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use 9% Cap vanilla custard and 2% Cap french vanilla as my diy custard base. Lately I've been thinking of lowering
the custard percentage down to seven to see how that goes. The rest I play with constantly. I add tiny percentages
of sometimes a handful or more other flavorings. Lately I've been into adding FA marshmallow at .3 to .4%. To the base,
I try to add things already sweet which will work well. FA meringue for example, I usually add about .3%. I find
Caps custard very delicate to work with, very easy to add too much of something else. Small batches are your friend
when trying out a new flavoring in your custard.

I never use ethyl maltol in my custard, which I've always assumed creates a need for a longer steep time. I'm not
100% sure on that one. All my early attempts at a good custard using it even after a long steep and tiny amounts
washed out the other flavorings. I haven't used it since. Without EM I'm happy with a two week steep but have
been known to get into a new batch after one. Sometimes some of my recipes need some steeping open bottle,
other times not. For example, I've found TFA whipped cream changes for the better with some air in the steep.

I've been experimenting with it for many months. It's fun to try to bend it this way or that flavor wise. This time next year,
I'll probably still be trying out a new batch. :D

Last edited:

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I need to play with this more. I've got some v1 and v2. I've only ever made a small bottle of the v2 and it was head and shoulders better than TFA's vanilla custard.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the tips! Do most of you find it sweet enough standalone? I tend to put a bit of em in everything, but lately I've been loving my agave mix. I like sweet, but not overly so. I stopped using marshmallow as I find it gunks too easily.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the tips! Do most of you find it sweet enough standalone? I tend to put a bit of em in everything, but lately I've been loving my agave mix. I like sweet, but not overly so. I stopped using marshmallow as I find it gunks too easily.

If it was just CAP Vanilla Custard as a stand alone I don't think it really "needs" any sweetening, but it's always optional.
Custard recipes usually have other sweet flavors in them already.

Haven't tried the Agave yet...
I'm afraid to try using my Liquid Stevia cause it adds a strange taste even in my Coffee.
And the TFA Sweetener adds a "Diet Pop" taste in some things.

Personally I don't like using EM or TFA Sweetener but sometimes I'll add a drop or 2 if a recipe calls for it.
Using other flavorings to get the sweet effect works better for me.
TFA or CAP Sweet Cream 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%-3%
TFA Marshmallow 1% (I never noticed the gunking)
TFA Brown Sugar .5%-2%
FA Meringue .5% - 1%
FA Caramel .5%
FA Butterscotch .5%
And others

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%-3%
TFA Brown Sugar .5%-2%
FA Meringue .5% - 1%
FA Caramel .5%
FA Butterscotch .5%
And others
Very nice suggestions. FA marshmallow is not as bold as TFA, but safer to use (no acetyl p.). TFA sweet cream is safer than Capella (only acetoin). My 2 cents.

Last edited:

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it was just CAP Vanilla Custard as a stand alone I don't think it really "needs" any sweetening, but it's always optional.
Custard recipes usually have other sweet flavors in them already.

Haven't tried the Agave yet...
I'm afraid to try using my Liquid Stevia cause it adds a strange taste even in my Coffee.
And the TFA Sweetener adds a "Diet Pop" taste in some things.

Personally I don't like using EM or TFA Sweetener but sometimes I'll add a drop or 2 if a recipe calls for it.
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%-3%
TFA Brown Sugar .5%-2%
FA Meringue .5% - 1%
FA Caramel .5%
FA Butterscotch .5%
And others
Thanks! I ordered some cap v2 the other day. Gonna try mixing a few different batches when it arrives. I should have tried meringue. I also wanted to get some anise, but forgot. :( One of my faves so far seemed to have a hint of it. I have some brown sugar eliquid that I can try with it, also. Can't wait till it gets here! :)

VU Sponsors