Become a Patron!

Capo squonk - Do you like it?

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wanting to try squonking and narrowed it down to a few different mods. I'm considering the Pulse, Athena, Capo, and Fuchai 213. I think I've decided to go with a regulated though, and based on the reviews I've seen the Capo performs much better than the Fuchai.
For those who have the Capo, I'm wondering how you like it and if it's still working well?

Sent from my LG V20 using Tapatalk

ZoeyMonster

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wanting to try squonking and narrowed it down to a few different mods. I'm considering the Pulse, Athena, Capo, and Fuchai 213. I think I've decided to go with a regulated though, and based on the reviews I've seen the Capo performs much better than the Fuchai.
For those who have the Capo, I'm wondering how you like it and if it's still working well?

Tl,dr: Both Capo and Fuchai, imho, have flaws with the included RDAs, and according to reports don't get full power without using 20700's.

I've also been on the lookout for a regulated squonker, and watched and read many reviews on both the Fuchai and Capo. They both seemed to have drawbacks that would be a deal breaker on any other mod. In addition to the aforementioned big battery issues ,On the capo there didn't seem to be a simple way to build a single coil on the included RDA deck, so I was probably gonna get another topper soon anyway. I also think those battery caps on that style of mod annoying. The small bottle on the fuchai, and proprietary bottles for both & cumbersome looking, non-standard fill systems were also turnoffs. Additionally I am pretty leveraged in 18650s and wasn't ready to make the jump to 20700 or 21700. I was looking hard at the pico squeeze with a wasp RDA for under $50 total. when I accidentally came up one that seemed to hit all my picky requirements.

After extensive research, I went with the Hot X Rig mod RSQ in stainless steel, purchased from Vape Royalty. VaporDNA also has it in stock but VR had it for a better price. Its a compact regulated 80w 18650 with a solid chipset that got great reviews of the few that are out there. I had to figure out how to auto-generate subtitled translation of other languages on youtube, but I saw enough to make my decision.

I matched it with a silver Drop RDA from Eciggity, after a fuckton more research ...wanted easy build for use single coils without a lot of drama. According to vapecrawler they also seemed to have the best price on the Drop. They shipped out same day, and and both are set for a monday landing. After a few days I'll report back on how its working for me. Good luck on your purchasing decision :)

/ZM

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Both Capo and Fuchai, IMHO, have flaws with the included RDAs, and according to reports don't get full power without using 20700's.

Don't know about the Fuchai first hand, but the Capo is underpowered even with the 20700

the pico squeeze with a wasp RDA for under $50 total. when I accidentally came up one that seemed to hit all my picky requirements.

Don't have the Wasp, but those little Picos are an amazing deal if you are a lower wattage vaper

Hot X Rig mod RSQ i

A few days back in the Bonkers thread, one of the members got his already

He liked it but had one of the magnets come off the door the first day of use

And just an FYI, have never once yet tried a attie included with a squonker that was worth a hoot

This is sad, because I think it turns a lot of folks off of squonking

ZoeyMonster

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep plenty of super glue on hand, hopefully that'll solve that issue

*edit> also a box of nitrile (sp?) gloves to prevent glue-ing myself to things.
also I do better with the gel than the cheap stuff that squirts out everywhere and can never be used again.

Last edited:

ZoeyMonster

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And just an FYI, have never once yet tried a attie included with a squonker that was worth a hoot
This is sad, because I think it turns a lot of folks off of squonking

Why do you suppose that is? Seems counter-intuitive. It doesn't sell more product for that particular company, since a replacement topper will likely come from somewhere else, when original proves dissatisfying. When word gets out the combo is mismatched or just kinda sucks, sales would fall off ...for ex. when I wanted a regulated squonker and started looking around, the flaws with the ijoy and fuchai's became clear. That also made me re-think purchasing anything from either company in future, due to an obvious lack of fucks given with their final production offering.
I know these companies are just throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks, but my budget can't afford to beta test for Shenzhen!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Why do you suppose that is? Seems counter-intuitive. It doesn't sell more product for that particular company, since a replacement topper will likely come from somewhere else, when original proves dissatisfying. When word gets out the combo is mismatched or just kinda sucks, sales would fall off ...for ex. when I wanted a regulated squonker and started looking around, the flaws with the ijoy and fuchai's became clear. That also made me re-think purchasing anything from either company in future, due to an obvious lack of fucks given with their final production offering.
I know these companies are just throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks, but my budget can't afford to beta test for Shenzhen!

Most companies that are putting out squonkers really don't understand squonking, they are just jumping on the bandwagon and slap on cheaply designed toppers with a BF pin

There is a similar dynamic happening with atomizers - while I'm glad there are more and more atties coming out with bf pins included, not all of them squonk well,

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FYI, Pulse & Athena aren't regulated. I had the capo, like most said. It is underpowered even with 20700. But it does the job if your vaping bet 50-70w Havent heard much about the Fuchai.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I know, that's why I only mentioned the Capo and Fuchai after saying I'd probably go with regulated. Anyway, I usually vape between 40 & 60 watts, depending on whether I'm running single or dual coil. Did you like the Triangle RDA that's included?

I may just buy the RSQ and a single coil RDA. What's everyone's thoughts on best single coil RDA?

ZoeyMonster

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may just buy the RSQ and a single coil RDA. What's everyone's thoughts on best single coil RDA?
I was on the same hunt as you and thats where I popped. After about 72 hours with the RSQ, I really like it. Solid construction & very hand friendly and functional, its a quality mod. Theres been a style adjustment, since for the past couple years I've been OBS's RTA Fanboi, and only used RDA's for tasting and testing DIY mixes. So far it's a much better experience overall. Dense thick flavorful clouds like you see on the TV machine!
I had some challenges with the firmware update but muddled thru eventually. I paired it with a Drop RDA, which has its own quirks but overall works ok once I realized it wasn't that great of a single coiler, and after trying several big fat 4mm claptons that were less than great cause of all that empty deck space that really needs to be full of cotton to work right as a squanker.

If I had more pre-xmas $ I'd probably get a dedicated single coil RDA like the wasp or pulse 24 because although I am running double coil stainless steel roundwire at .19ohms in the drop (temp control works on the RSQ pretty decent, but I live in watts mode) its a pretty great, albeit battery sucking experience at 55.5W. Glad I got it instead of the capo or fuchai, that I anxiously awaited getting to US shops, and then was disappointed by reviews.

so yea, another Tl;dr mostly shitpost, but FYI, I been eye-fucking those resin wasps recently and probably thats what'll end up on this RSQ sooner or later.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Best single coil for the money IMO has to be the wasp nano, 10$ for an authentic that’s a damn good rda/rsa.

I was on the same hunt as you and thats where I popped. After about 72 hours with the RSQ, I really like it. Solid construction & very hand friendly and functional, its a quality mod.

Awesome, thanks guys!
I'm looking at a few other RDAs, but will pick up the Wasp as well since it's so cheap

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The capo is stuck at 4.2v (possibly less due to other factors). Meaning aside from some ease of adjustment in certain ranges and basic protections, it doesn't hit much different than a mech in terms of voltage. Even when they don't live up completely to the full extent of the specs, most regulated devices seem to cap out around 6-9v, not 4v.

Is the new gbox or whatever it's called (geekvape) too large for consideration?

Not sure what the budget is, there's a guy in my neck of the woods who's converting rx200's into squonkers. Ends up being bigger, around the size of the gbox since it's a triple battery mod but ends up being a dual battery squonk when he's done.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Capo is VW I do believe.
Yea the capo's vw but it's handicapped by a low voltage cap. No boost capability so if running coils that aren't low enough resistance and trying to run them at 70w, it still may only be hitting at around 45-50w. It can make for an underpowered vape where other regulated mods capable of 6-7v would run the coils at 70w.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea the capo's vw but it's handicapped by a low voltage cap. No boost capability so if running coils that aren't low enough resistance and trying to run them at 70w, it still may only be hitting at around 45-50w. It can make for an underpowered vape where other regulated mods capable of 6-7v would run the coils at 70w.
Ahh it is only step down then.

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Capo is not that good, I used a 1.5ohm coil and noticed no difference between 20w and 60w....it's does not seem really regulated....will try it later again with a lower ohm coil...

NoFog

Member For 4 Years
The way the regulation on the capo works is a bit different than on your other regulated mods. What the screen claims to be watts is just percantage (5-100) of your battery voltage that gets fired when you press the button. The chip just turns your battery voltage into PWM signal wich acts like voltage regulation. The mod doesnt change voltage acording to resistnce and doesnt boost the voltage.

PropperVape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Capo is not that good, I used a 1.5ohm coil and noticed no difference between 20w and 60w....it's does not seem really regulated....will try it later again with a lower ohm coil...

If you’re running a 1.5 ohm coil you will get virtually no Vape from it unless you meant .15

Even with a full battery and 4.2v you only get 11 watts
4d96490a63c78341603784e8e88198c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've heard that the Capo can't put out over 4.2 volts. But if you built below 0.15 would that let you vape at the whole hundred Watts on a 30amp battery be it 20700 18650 20650?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The way the regulation on the capo works is a bit different than on your other regulated mods. What the screen claims to be watts is just percantage (5-100) of your battery voltage that gets fired when you press the button. The chip just turns your battery voltage into PWM signal wich acts like voltage regulation. The mod doesnt change voltage acording to resistnce and doesnt boost the voltage.
That would be awesome have they just told us that. It's basically a pwm?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors