Capo Squonk

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by PropperVape, Dec 7, 2017.

1. PropperVape

PropperVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    Any real world reviews of the capo regulated Squonker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. VaporJag

VaporJag Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Got the kit on the way, I've watched many mixed reviews, a lot about it being underpowered, then I watched another review last night by someone who's not as well know as the big time reviewers, down to earth guy and he said pretty much don't believe them, it's not underpowered. Figured I'd give it a shot

3. b.m.

b.m. New Member

Blog Posts:
    Same here,i have read and heard many mixed reviews,so i figure the only way i'll know for sure is to get one and try it.I had 1 on pre order,but cancelled because the date kept getting pushed back,since it is out now,i'll be ordering one in a few days.

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Underpowered is a good word for it - using mine at 25 watts - it's okay, but doesn't compare to my little mechs

The bottle door is janky on mine - it stays on but very loose and makes noise

Have not used the stock attie -

Only paid $41 for mine - would have felt ripped off if I paid a dime more but it did come with a battery, which is nice and the 18650 converter does work on it

SteelDriver and b.m. like this.
  5. VaporJag

VaporJag Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Well I guess I'll find out, one man's trash is another man's treasure

6. whodat2112

whodat2112 Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I got one today, won it. I have never used a squonker before, but the way everyone raves about the flavor from them, I am disappointed. I built a .50 ohm dual coil, and to me I get much more flavor from my tanks. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried adjusting the wattage to different settings, but the flavor just isn't there when compared to other atty's I've used.

7. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    try building a lower ohm coil? The reviews I watched all said you basically need to build it low like you would a mech if you want a warm saturated vape. I only just got into mechs/squonkers and have been building between 0.25 and 0.3 and enjoying the vape but I want to try going lower now that I have some fresh vtc5a for my boxes.

whodat2112 likes this.
  8. whodat2112

Blog Posts:
    What wattage do you vape the lower ohm coils at?

9. fozzy71

Blog Posts:
    I don't have a capo squonk. All my squonks are mechs. On a dual or triple battery regulated mod with a tank I vape 0.15 in the 70 - 80 watt range.

I only watched a few reviews of this but they all said it is buck, not boost, so higher ohm builds won't vape well regardless of the wattage adjustments. IIRC one of the reviews said ijoy told hom to build 0.10 - 0.15 for best results. 0.15 draws 25 to 30 amps so obv make sure you have a good high amp battery.

whodat2112 likes this.
  10. whodat2112

Blog Posts:

Will do, thanks!!!!

11. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have not built the attie that is included with the Capo - but my personal rule of thumb is that all atties included with squonk mods tend to suck balls

bobnat, whodat2112 and fq06 like this.
  12. whodat2112

Blog Posts:
    Built a dual coil that came out to .20 ohms, better, but still not as much flavor as my tanks.
    Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I like my other setups better.
    I'll fool around with it over the weekend and decide whether to keep it or give it away.

13. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    It's not the mod, it's an atomizer issue.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  14. whodat2112

Blog Posts:
    Recommend a better atomizer please, less expensive the better:) (spent a lot on Black Friday)

15. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I haven't bought a squonk atty in about a year, been using the best from the past. Marquis, Stumpy, NarDa, NoName, etc, etc.

JuicyLucy and whodat2112 like this.
  16. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    What kind of vape you like?

Double coil, single, lots of air, DL, restricted, MTL, big deck, 16mm, 25mm....

Lots of great choices these days without having to break the bank :)

inspects likes this.
  17. inspects

Blog Posts:
    A Goon (clone) is a good (cheap) atty.

fozzy71 likes this.
  18. fozzy71

Blog Posts:
    this, or a bonza, is all I can recommend for recently released squonk atty's that I actually own so far. The Drop get's great reviews, as do the pulse's, and either in 24mm can do single or dual coil builds.

whodat2112 and inspects like this.
  19. whodat2112

Blog Posts:
    Dual - DL - Lots of air - easy to build deck

20. ZoeyMonster

ZoeyMonster New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just popped on a Hotcig X Rig Mod RSQ 80w with a Drop RDA that are on the way. I'll report back how that worked for me, if anyone knows about that RSQ I'd appreciate it. Reviews were kinda thin so I took a flier on specs and looks.

21. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Dale's suggestion of the Goon is excellent for those requirements - one of my longtime favorites for sure

The Dead Rabbit by Hellvape is getting a lot of praise from vapers whose opinions I trust - and also meets those requirements - plus is less money

The Druga by Augvape is also a great choice for not a lot of dough - really love this one

whodat2112 likes this.
  22. PropperVape

PropperVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    So I went against the reviews and picked up one of these, not bad really, running the coils that come with the kit in the pulse 24, just gotta build below .2 ohms...now I’ve gotta find a dual coil build around .15 so I can change out the coils eventually....any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk