Become a Patron!

Caravela Clone. Who Makes The Best One??

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love the looks of them, and NEED one in my arsenal; though I don't want to be stuck with a pretty POS mod. :confused:

Who has them, what have your experiences been, and who makes the highest quality 1:1 clone?

Thanks in advance

joowan

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
cant speak for others, but We had / have the Hcigar version, it is beautifully simple and very hard to mess up. I didn't like the top cap because the pin on the top cap does not adjust to various atty & batteries, because of that sometimes you have to fiddle with it a ton to get it nice & tight. but that's not an Hcigar problem that's a caravela problem.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
cant speak for others, but We had / have the Hcigar version, it is beautifully simple and very hard to mess up. I didn't like the top cap because the pin on the top cap does not adjust to various atty & batteries, because of that sometimes you have to fiddle with it a ton to get it nice & tight. but that's not an Hcigar problem that's a caravela problem.
I've read the same thing on the caravela forum.

I'm a mechanic, and an ex general contractor. Some fiddling, tweaking, etc doesn't faze me.

Having said that, I've decided to wait to get on the list for a real Caravela (they actually aren't anymore expensive than any other legit mod), and piece together something for my needs for now.

Going to use this switch

http://www.rampagevapor.net/22le-dal-polished.html

And have a local machine shop thread a piece of 22mm OD, 19mm ID pipe; so I can fit a kick inside with an 18650. Heck, if I find the time I may fire up the lathe, and make my own after I examine this setup ;)

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks like the caravela run is over, guess I'm going to have to pay through the nose for a legit one second hand, fml :(

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem. Although not the best price I've seen, it's certainly not unreasonable, if you're into Cara's.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No problem. Although not the best price I've seen, it's certainly not unreasonable, if you're into Cara's.
I kinda want one just to have it. I collect antiques, and would place it in one of my cabinets to Vape on holidays most likely haha

VU Sponsors