Become a Patron!

Carbon Fiber and Silver Plated Copper Manhattan Mods

Which do you prefer? Bare copper, plated copper, or carbon fiber wrapped copper?

• Total voters

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So a rep from Acerig Technology LTD sent me over a few pics of their new carbon fiber, and silver/gold plated Copper mods today. I am very curious about the peoples reaction and interest in these Manhattan variants.

I already reviewed the Matte aluminum and Copper Manhattans by Acerig , so I know that there are top notch quality. I am just now sure if these new variants are over kill, or a great idea. I would have certainly like one of the silver or gold plated Copper mods over the bare Copper that I have because I hate patina.

The carbon fiber variant looks just like a Paragon, but due to the thick walls it is much heavier ... The matte Red Aluminum is by far my favorite though.

rTyiIeD.jpg

axxYe9S.jpg

wgoGFIr.jpg

8uIylRE.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the silver or gold plated, they look really cool ;)

I have the 'carbon' paragon, and it works good for me as a work mod, but not a fan of the fiber look on it myself.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I like the silver or gold plated, they look really cool ;)

I have the 'carbon' paragon, and it works good for me as a work mod, but not a fan of the fiber look on it myself.

If I were to go for any of these, it would definitely be the silver or gold plated ...

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I were to go for any of these, it would definitely be the silver or gold plated ...
I know the Manhattan is a thick mod,I played with one the other day,and almost bought it.
Do you know if the platings or the carbon wrap have much effect on voltage drop?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I know the Manhattan is a thick mod,I played with one the other day,and almost bought it.
Do you know if the platings or the carbon wrap have much effect on voltage drop?

Well .. I am taking an educated guess and saying no, it should not. Because the plating and carbon fiber are around the outer tube, not covering the threads or any other contact points. I know from experience with their anodized and matte coated aluminum Manhattans that they are smart enough not to touch the threads.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I was kinda leaning towards thinking that with it on the outside it wouldn't affect it,now to decide between the full copper,or the carbon wrap,I really like the looks of it.I really like the heft of it too.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I was kinda leaning towards thinking that with it on the outside it wouldn't affect it,now to decide between the full copper,or the carbon wrap,I really like the looks of it.I really like the heft of it too.

Yeah I would say that the heft gives the carbon fiber Manhattan a edge over the Paragon ...

simartspoako

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I liked the silver / gold plated... It brings an elegant style to it...

But....

For practical reason such as cleaning... Hee... I prefer with the fiber wrapped... bare copper and silver/gold plate only looks good if they are shiny clean... I don't like additional chores...

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are the diameters on this mod, i assume 24mm? Looks pretty nice. I'd definately choose the polish silver.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I liked the silver / gold plated... It brings an elegant style to it...

But....

For practical reason such as cleaning... Hee... I prefer with the fiber wrapped... bare copper and silver/gold plate only looks good if they are shiny clean... I don't like additional chores...

I hear ya! I barely use my bare Copper Manhattan at all because I can't stand how often it needs to be cleaned .. that is why I love my Stingray X, all the benefits of Copper with only a 1/4 of the maintenance. ;)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What are the diameters on this mod, i assume 24mm? Looks pretty nice. I'd definately choose the polish silver.
The bare copper Manhattan is 24mm, so I am "assuming" these are all as well ..

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Carbon fiber was all the rage. I have no idea if its still very popular. I do like the gold over the silver plating but both look good to me since I like shiny. I got a copper Nemesis clone from focalecig that was clear coated. Initially I was disappointed but over time I'm really liking the constant shiny and lack of a weekly polishing. Its become one of my favorite mods now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
U guys know u can get vinyl wrap in any color or pattern n wrap any mod u already own....just sayin lol
Or for that matter .... have them coated urself for a 3rd of the money.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Carbon fiber was all the rage. I have no idea if its still very popular. I do like the gold over the silver plating but both look good to me since I like shiny. I got a copper Nemesis clone from focalecig that was clear coated. Initially I was disappointed but over time I'm really liking the constant shiny and lack of a weekly polishing. Its become one of my favorite mods now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
I remember when the first Copper Nemmy's were released with clear coat, and there were a lot of complaints. However, I only want clear coated copper for personal use. So my bare copper Manhattan has got to go off to the classies.

I wish Acerig would have had these silver and gold plated copper mods when I first got them .. Damn you Acerig!:mad:

VU Sponsors